You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
killer999death

Where is the action in this game?

58 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
117 posts
4,441 battles

The whole camping behind islands has reached the point where it's like playing World of Tanks but half of the team being SPGs and it's making the game seriously stale.    :cap_old:

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
20,506 posts
12,561 battles

It is your responsibilty to chose your ship and set it up to have some action.

• Cool 4

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles
18 minutes ago, killer999death said:

bla, bla, bla......

Omg, the your nickname reminds me what kind of player think such names are cool.......

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,381 posts
8,057 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is always funny: so many players looking for action are not willing to take the action by their own hands. What they actually mean is, that they want to react to others actions, but not act by themselfs.

• Cool 7

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
273 posts
4,108 battles

Cowardice and a refusal to push has always been a problem in the game, mainly because whoever goes in first dies and doesn't get all those juicy kills, despite being credit to team.

I`ve even seen one team, in Co-op, run away from bots and refuse to enter the cap.

• Cool 2

[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles

I just tend to refuse to play that passively. Sure, that sometimes gets me killed earlier, but I can't really be arsed to care anymore. If my teammates won't support me while I push, then they just have to play without my further help since I'll be in the next battle. Mind you, mindlessly yoloing is bad too, so find a balance.

• Cool 6

[JRM]
Players
3,401 posts
18,914 battles

Its called khabarovsk, more dakka per minute then a bruce willis movie

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Yes, also that. So much that.

Though it actually has less dakka than some of the other DDs, like the US, UK and IJN gunboats. Not sure about the new YY. It does have way more survivability though.

Beta Tester
117 posts
4,441 battles
17 minutes ago, Arakus said:

Omg, the your nickname reminds me what kind of player think such names are cool.......

Okay?

15 minutes ago, principat121 said:

It is always funny: so many players looking for action are not willing to take the action by their own hands. What they actually mean is, that they want to react to others actions, but not act by themselfs.

Pushing in only to get farmed by 4 cruisers, 3 battleships camping behind and island and a destroyer in smoke. That is what I experience the past few weeks. Literally just shells coming from behind islands so I am powerless to do anything. Even ships which don't need to use islands are doing it. Island camping has become such a stupid way of playing this game might as well play Arty in WoT. Even Yamatos are parking behind islands behind objectives and just camping there lobbing shells over.

12 minutes ago, Silvercat18 said:

Cowardice and a refusal to push has always been a problem in the game, mainly because whoever goes in first dies and doesn't get all those juicy kills, despite being credit to team.

I`ve even seen one team, in Co-op, run away from bots and refuse to enter the cap.

I don't mind pushing in but what I do hate is pushing in and being farmed by 6 ships from behind islands which I cannot spot and fight back against. It's so annoying I wish I could just hit escape to scuttle my ship for a quick trip back to my port instead of playing another 2 minutes getting blasted to pieces by the island camping ships. 

Just. . . eh. . .

Alpha Tester
1,953 posts
6,268 battles
28 minutes ago, killer999death said:

The whole camping behind islands has reached the point where it's like playing World of Tanks but half of the team being SPGs and it's making the game seriously stale.    :cap_old:

Well, you can play around it by:

1. Changing flanks
  2. Pushing up so that said ship(s) cannot shoot you
  3. Disengage/stealth up
  4. Shoot/destroy the ships which are spotting you
  5. Try to shoot down the planes which might be spotting you
  6. Capture the point that might be nearby and merely head to the next one, thus rendering the island position useless
  7. Use islands as cover

Etc.:fish_aqua:

[FABER]
Players
451 posts
5,336 battles
54 minuti fa, Yedwy ha scritto:

Russian gunboats are really one of the least mental effort ships of the game: press W and left click to burn down everything! Your 70-80k average damage is served! 

Do you want something more challenging? Try hitting the 2 key at the right time when you see a broadside: now enjoy consistent 2-3k salvoes every 4-5 seconds! Moar damage! :crab:

P.S. Good use of A and D keys may be required.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
3,401 posts
18,914 battles

Had some of my best dd matches on ocean it can be shitty day for bbs when there is no island to block torps for them,  and no i dont carry 20km torps on anything exept asashio (and even they ll be 16km soon) its hard on cruisers though

Beta Tester
1,136 posts
5,261 battles
52 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Had some of my best dd matches on ocean it can be shitty day for bbs when there is no island to block torps for them,  and no i dont carry 20km torps on anything exept asashio (and even they ll be 16km soon) its hard on cruisers though

Ocean is probably the best map to see where you stand with your gameplay.

Lowering the frequency of this map pretty much proved that this map is too difficult for the average player. Which makes sense when I see the average player playing.

• Cool 6

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
On 1/12/2019 at 2:59 PM, killer999death said:

Pushing in only to get farmed by 4 cruisers, 3 battleships camping behind and island and a destroyer in smoke. That is what I experience the past few weeks. Literally just shells coming from behind islands so I am powerless to do anything. Even ships which don't need to use islands are doing it. Island camping has become such a stupid way of playing this game might as well play Arty in WoT. Even Yamatos are parking behind islands behind objectives and just camping there lobbing shells over.

So, basically... you are afraid to push and you complain that your opponents are just as reluctant to play offensively? Go figure.

But frankly, from what you're saying, it seems like there's some room for improvement in your approach to offensive play in the first place. I mean, if what compels you to engage in the campfest along the rest of the team is "because otherwise you'll get farmed by 4 cruisers, 3 battleships and a DD in smoke" or something like this, that doesn't sound like a sign of good offensive positioning. It might be prudent to look at the minimap and, perhaps, find venues of approach that might let you play a bit more aggressively without putting yourself in positions where literally 2/3 of the enemy fleet can shoot at you simultaneously. You do know that even straight-up "pushing" doesn't necessarily mean yoloing through the middle of the map with no cover on any side of your ship, right?

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
579 posts
On 1/12/2019 at 1:26 PM, ColonelPete said:

Exactely this!

Then the rest of us will sit behind islands and farm him :Smile_trollface:

Where's the door?

• Funny 1

[LEGIO]
Players
607 posts
8,741 battles
On 1/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, killer999death said:

So true mate. So boring to camp a whole game. And in game after game. :(

[BBMM]
Players
4,309 posts
4,837 battles

Grab some Tier 2 DDs and have yourself a ball. Tier 3 will do as well. 

If you're patient you can get Smith and Tachibana for 89cts. Worth it. 

Then get Campbelltown and Charlestion for coal. Hilarious. 

In those tiers, there's NO TACTICS at all, instead it looks like a bunch of pirañhas. Excellent action. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

Players
4,769 posts
8,484 battles
On 1/12/2019 at 3:35 PM, principat121 said:

THIS is so very true. You see this ingame all the time. Some guy camping in the back insulting, complaining how the enemys are "cowards" because they "camp". Then you take a look at the scoreboard, see something like 715:110 against that guy and the objectives are 4:0. And you start to wonder...

[BBMM]
Players
4,309 posts
4,837 battles
27 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

THIS is so very true. You see this ingame all the time. Some guy camping in the back insulting, complaining how the enemys are "cowards" because they "camp". Then you take a look at the scoreboard, see something like 715:110 against that guy and the objectives are 4:0. And you start to wonder...

I have learned to type 'Yo momma...' real quick. 

This game needs programmable shortcut key answers.... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
194 posts
2,239 battles
On 1/12/2019 at 1:26 PM, ColonelPete said:

What a terrible argument. Players should not be expected to play the game in inefficient ways to have fun. It's WarGaming's responsibility to make a game that is actually enjoyable to play. 

On 1/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, Arakus said:

How is this an argument? Your post should be deleted for spam, to be honest. What a [edited]useless post.

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
20,506 posts
12,561 battles
7 minutes ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

What a terrible argument. Players should not be expected to play the game in inefficient ways to have fun. It's WarGaming's responsibility to make a game that is actually enjoyable to play. 

Who says anything about ineffcient?

If you get burned down easily, then your ship setup was not very efficient.

Players
194 posts
2,239 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Who says anything about ineffcient?

If you get burned down easily, then your ship setup was not very efficient.

lmfao. wtf you supposed to do? push into 3 spamming cruisers?