You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Azuma, coal or steel?

28 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
1,927 posts
4,797 battles

So i know there isnt any official info about this yet, but i would like to get some opinions and reason about if you guys think it will cost steel or coal.

Basically if it will cost coal, i want to save my coal for it, otherwise im thinking of spending my coal on a jean bart.

Please say what currency you think it will cost, and why.

Cheers :)

[-AP-]
Players
1,927 posts
4,797 battles
2 minutes ago, colonel_duce said:

probably like alaska, 1mil freeXP?

But the azuma will be tier 10 tho, so in that case it would be the first ever tier 10 fxp ship.

What im thinking is either coal - like the salem. Or steel, like the stalingrad.

[CKBK]
Players
269 posts
20,461 battles

it will probably be the next steel ship, playes very differently from Stalin so it might have an interesting role in competitive. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,914 battles
4 minutes ago, colonel_duce said:

probably like alaska, 1mil freeXP?

I would doubt they'd make the Azuma a free XP ship. I'd like them to because I have millions of free XP lying around, but realistically speaking coal is the most probable, with steel a distant runner-up because it wouldn't make much sense to release another tier X steel ship in time for the next CB season when acquiring any of them takes on average 3 seasons' worth of steel rewards to get.

Even counting in Ranked steel rewards you wouldn't be able to acquire enough steel to keep at pace with consecutive steel ship releases at this rate.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
271 posts
8,763 battles

Would like her to be a coal ship as non of the Large Cruisers have been sold for that, however, knowing WG she will likely be steel 

[TTT]
Players
723 posts
15,143 battles

99% that it ill be for steel as someone said above to give cb meaning after stalingrad so people have a goal towards it, well those of us that have stalin.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,509 posts
6,728 battles
1 minute ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

I hope that she will be a coal replacement for Salem.

I'm in the same boat as you concerning Azuma :Smile_Default:

• Cool 3

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,548 posts
7,017 battles
5 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I'm in the same boat as you concerning Azuma :Smile_Default:

This...It would be nice if it was for coal

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
989 posts
8,131 battles
36 minutes ago, SexyCroat said:

99% that it ill be for steel as someone said above to give cb meaning after stalingrad so people have a goal towards it, well those of us that have stalin.

But as Ao said, at the same time releasing her so soon means basically no one will get her for at least another two seasons (unless you still haven't spent steel on Bourgogne or Stalin) but it's Wargaming and Bourgogne was released only a couple months after Stalin so I guess we'll see. If she's the same price as a Stalin no one will get her either, as she offers much less utility overall. 

[-AP-]
Players
1,927 posts
4,797 battles
13 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

But as Ao said, at the same time releasing her so soon means basically no one will get her for at least another two seasons (unless you still haven't spent steel on Bourgogne or Stalin) but it's Wargaming and Bourgogne was released only a couple months after Stalin so I guess we'll see. If she's the same price as a Stalin no one will get her either, as she offers much less utility overall. 

Theres also the upcoming wichta for steel to consider. Which in my mind makes it even less likely that the azuma will also be for steel. Anyways, i hope it will be coal

• Cool 1

Players
2,324 posts
11,295 battles
18 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Nobody told you yet about steel giants v2.0 ?

Buy mission to grind 15k steel, now only for €199,9 instead of €299,9

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,776 posts
7,292 battles

I'd rather have it in coal, as it would bring me a new reason to stockpile it, and would save my steel grind for Stalingrad instead.

Tbh I don't think you can say that Stalingrad is better than Azuma for competitive. IMO Azuma is a good replacement for the Henri IV and possibly Zao in your team while Stalingrad replaces Moskva.

[SWTP]
Players
1,182 posts
9,595 battles
14 minuty temu, Saiyko napisał:

Nobody told you yet about steel giants v2.0 ?

Buy mission to grind 15k steel, now only for €199,9 instead of €299,9

This or new containers with an (illusionary) chance of 500 steel, just 49.99 with 30% discount for a pack of 5.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,509 posts
6,728 battles
7 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

This or new containers with an (illusionary) chance of 500 steel, just 49.99 with 30% discount for a pack of 5.

Dont give them ideas D.J. :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 3

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

I would say steel.

Currently the high tier coal ships are copy-paste of other ships with a few twist, IE Jean Bart is a richy one tier higher and RLB, Mushy is a less accurate Yammy one tier lower, and the Salem is a DM with worse radar but better heal. The Azuma, one the other had, has no other main line counter part counterpart.

But that's just my opinion. The Flint, Black, and Bour also follow the same rules, but are steel ships. Of course, we also have the blank spot in the arsenal that looks to be an upcoming steal ship, but no blank spots for coal ships.

Players
237 posts
11,676 battles

Depending how good ship will be, if Op like Stalingrad then steel for sure, if average like salem then coal. Also depending on what they remove first Salem or Stalin, but probably will be Stalin first removed so probably will be steel if not crap ship.

Players
1,422 posts

It's kind of stupid thinking about it. It could be either resource. Remember when ships were either xp or €? Luckily I've got a massive amount of steel, coal and freeXP stored. :Smile_trollface:

Players
170 posts
7,460 battles

Watching WG way of doing stuff, Alaska for FXP ( tier IX) and as usual tier X Azuma for Steel.

[-AP-]
Players
1,927 posts
4,797 battles
4 hours ago, fodder89 said:

Watching WG way of doing stuff, Alaska for FXP ( tier IX) and as usual tier X Azuma for Steel.

Well there is currently the salem at tier x for coal

[SCRUB]
Players
989 posts
8,131 battles

I'm waiting for them to introduce another kind of metal as a new resource and announcing Azuma can be gotten only with that; then selling it in the shop or locking it behind 1000 Arms Race wins or something. :Smile_trollface:

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Steel, defo steel. 

Players
685 posts
5,475 battles

Does it make financial sense to make Azuma a steel ship without announcing it as such, with so many options to gain extra steel by spending money available to us atm?

Seems to me that Steel Monsters and PEF bundles would sell more if it was confirmed for steel, getting not only those who want stalin to buy, but those who want Azuma as well.

Personal guess is on coal because of this little problem. But hey, WG loves preventing me from giving them money, so ultimately who can tell.

• Cool 1