You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OM40

Coal and Steel should be displayed in port

15 comments in this topic

[CKBK]
Players
269 posts
20,480 battles

why I have to go to the Arsenal just to check how much coal and steel I have, why can't they just be displayed next to dubs credits and free xp?

• Cool 8

[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles
Just now, OM40 said:

why I have to go to the Arsenal just to check how much coal and steel I have, why can't they just be displayed next to dubs credits and free xp?

It's a UI thing. WG needs to up their UI game. /understatement

• Cool 2

[-RM-]
Players
51 posts
11,168 battles
25 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Why? 

It only takes an hour to load the arsenal and back to port view. Don’t be in such a hurry. ;)

Ohhh look at your with your fancy PC and only an hour load screen! 

My house mate presses Arsenal goes and Cooks his food, eats, washes up then comes back and sometimes still not ready 

• Funny 7

Beta Tester
2,653 posts
2,857 battles
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, HNRDecado said:

Ohhh look at your with your fancy PC and only an hour load screen! 

My house mate presses Arsenal goes and Cooks his food, eats, washes up then comes back and sometimes still not ready 

Luxury. 

Back in my day, the Arsenal was twelve miles away and at the bottom of a sewer. And you had to walk through drifts of snow that were three meters deep, to reach it. It took weeks, I tell you. Weeks! But you young'uns of today, you just won't believe it...

:cap_old:

• Funny 6

Players
787 posts
14,889 battles

Coal and Steel are only usable in Arsenal so make sense to only show them there I reckon :cap_yes:

[SM0KE]
Players
3,576 posts
9,221 battles

Besides the whole 'adding stuff on top of existing stuff' thing, I suppose it's not too idiotic to have the 'weird' resources in a distinct location - silver (and doubloons) tend to be used almost every time one logs in, whereas the others are more occasional.

Of course, for many, the same is true of doubloons too, but I imagine WG would sell less if they were less obviously located...!

[ALYEN]
Players
1,020 posts
2,671 battles

since they only apply to the Arsenal, I don't see an issue. yes it is a pita to browse various UI sections for different information but hey ... they might make it even worse if they try to implement your request ... it's WG after all ...

[BONI]
Players
1,256 posts
11,383 battles

Maybe it's just me, but opening the Arsenal ingame is a pain. Takes 20-30 seconds, doesn't seem to make progress when the game is minimized, and sometimes it's an endless loading circle.  You can check it in your browser though.

Beta Tester
240 posts
5,055 battles

As coal and steel are only usable in the Arsenal, then that is probably the right place for them.

There are far bigger issues with the whole port UX.

Players
4,543 posts
245 battles

I agree with this, They also need to update the UI in general, it's just a complete mess and over satuarated with a ton of detail thats either irrelevant (at the moment your in) or just useless in general.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

Why only Steel and coal?

Why not my precious Copper, Molybdenum and the leftover Guineas + any number of other extra currency WG comes up with in the next patches?

From previous experience how WG fixes things even if noone asked for it (division-window) I would rather suggest it stays like it is since you will need to go to the arsenal to use steel and coal anyway.

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
160 posts
4,655 battles

The UI has been a car crash since closed beta, IIRC lifted wholesale from Warplanes. But back then we weren't worried because it was only closed beta and they'd sort it out, right?

Oddly, Arsenal loads quickly for me, but it's the only bit that does.

Personal Gripes;

Why is Inventory still stuck where it is? 

Campaigns takes an age to open, and is disconnected from the missions/events/directives

Click on missions and then click on missions again to look at the mission in detail... Why WG? Why?!?

No direct access to barracks/port, and you have to put a commander in a ship to view in detail (unless I've missed something)

Flags... Individually mounting and dismounting flags is ludicrously long-winded.