You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
captain_Kaloyan

Raptor Rescue teams be like...

60 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
3,202 battles

What is it with these people??? I get it, you want to complete secondary objectives but when two battleships and a cruiser leave hunting a single carrier around fu**ing nowhere leaving The Raptor alone with a bb, a dd and a cv at best, one gets pissed. I mean, everyone gets the occasional bad team but just this morning I had  7 losses in a row, all of them I was in top 3 with a minimum of 4 kills but lost due to being ditched while actually doing the primary objective...    

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,014 posts
22,862 battles
4 hours ago, captain_Kaloyan said:

What is it with these people??? I get it, you want to complete secondary objectives but when two battleships and a cruiser leave hunting a single carrier around fu**ing nowhere leaving The Raptor alone with a bb, a dd and a cv at best, one gets pissed. I mean, everyone gets the occasional bad team but just this morning I had  7 losses in a row, all of them I was in top 3 with a minimum of 4 kills but lost due to being ditched while actually doing the primary objective...    

edited

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,081 posts
3,484 battles
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, captain_Kaloyan said:

I share your pain.

And yet, this is less painful than failing in 'Killer Whale' when

a) your team members all sail in the wrong direction when it's time to exit, or

b) no one but you even tries to go for the exit, because "no cap kill all".:Smile_facepalm:

I advice the concept of mindlessness:

- Take a deep breath.

- Say to yourself: "This is not real, this is an imaginary battle on an imaginary sea." (Which is true, by the way).

- Have a cup of coffee. 

- Play another battle!

:cap_tea:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Its just a lottery,  usually all start nice until the middle, then peoples just forgot the main goal and go yolo hunting ghosts on the edges.. But that must not come as an surprise man,

I see this each time in Random...

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,662 battles

Raptor has been badly designed, you only need 2 bad players and the objectives are lost, I played it a couple of days ago, and swore I'd never play it again.

With other scenarios, it's possible to finish with 5 stars even if you have a couple of poor players on your team.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,557 posts
14,689 battles

I am playing it and enjoying it, but yes, the tendency of people to forget the main bit for the side objectives is amazing...

• Funny 2

Players
8,762 posts

Just had one match and basicly our own CV edited us to death :cap_fainting:

Dropping every target with TBs so that they turn and beach angled to us.

Then he triggered the far most CV right away so im the target to several strikes and die to torps because i cant evade both DD torps and CV torps at the same time. Half team was dead by the time anyway, so we lost soon after.

[BBMM]
Players
5,530 posts
6,685 battles
4 hours ago, 22cm said:

edited

Nah it has stayed as fooked as it was before.

TIP: You can manage to kill the one CV on the left ALONE, either in Arizona/New Mexico or in a Leander. 

It gets lead by a DD and a CL (usually a Mutsuki and a Tenryu). Forget about those if you want to live.

What you need to do is go LEFT right after the killing of the 3 red ships that it starts with ("kill 3 ships in one minute").

Then you will spot (in a Leander) the just-spawned-fresh CV. Smoke up, else the IJN CL/DD will attack. 

Then retreat BEHIND your own smoke, note that the CV gets smoked uop too, and the DD/CL attack the convoy. 

Now use hydro and torp the CV, after that go after the DD/CL. 

In New Mex/Arizona you aren't that quick, so the CV will be smoked up when you get there... 

Wait until the DD/CL have left, then go into the smoke and kill the CV. the CL will probably return, kill it too.

If you try this too soon the DD and CL will not have started attacking the convoy  yet and will kill you. 

I tried it in Quen Elizabeth, the CV killing is easy but after that you'll have trouble with the CL (and DD).

12 guns are better than 8... maybe I'll try in Normandie. 

In other cruisers it can be done but at least you'll need torps, Dallas won't cut it. 

The fun of it is, you take away plane-spam and after killing the CV you emerge 'on the wrong side' where you can shoot up lots of ships.

• Cool 1

Players
6,127 posts
10,292 battles
21 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Nah it has stayed as fooked as it was before.

All BBs in Raptor Rescue have Fire Prevention - suspected it yesterday, confirmed today. Was that always the case?

[BABBY]
Players
635 posts
9,865 battles
14 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

All BBs in Raptor Rescue have Fire Prevention - suspected it yesterday, confirmed today. Was that always the case?

Nah, if I recall correctly at the beginning bots has no captain skills at all. After Balans(tm) was applied bots now have skills like last stand, fp and cruisers use defAA. Before that having a carrier on team guaranteed a win.

• Cool 1

Players
1,918 posts
6,510 battles
19 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Nope, it was one of the many changes a while ago when the AI was buffed, captain skills added and spawn locations randomised.

I am continually amazed by the number of players who have played this Op before (they don't get an award for "first play") yet STILL have ZERO idea how to play the bloody Op!

• Cool 2

Players
8,762 posts
58 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

Nah, if I recall correctly at the beginning bots has no captain skills at all. After Balans(tm) was applied bots now have skills like last stand, fp and cruisers use defAA. Before that having a carrier on team guaranteed a win.

Yes, even the Cruiser use last stand. And you would think they use DCP for their broken engine - hell no :cap_fainting:

[L4GG]
Players
2,686 posts
9,881 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

maybe I'll try in Normandie

Don't bother. Normandie AA is...simply...not there.

But it's nimble.

A ship that I'm enjoying is Dallas, did good in Aegis and in this op (I'm just wondering if the AA when complete, would be in the Cleveland's ball park).

[BBMM]
Players
5,530 posts
6,685 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

I dunno... I always played it in BBs and leander, using AP. :Smile_hiding:

So, I'd not notice that... (might explain why Dallas sucks though).

But by 'unchanged' I meant they didn't replace CVs with BBs and added no Narai Phoenix.:Smile_trollface:

Players
6,127 posts
10,292 battles
9 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I dunno... I always played it in BBs and leander, using AP. :Smile_hiding:

So, I'd not notice that...

Yes, thats what I usualy do too (playing Leander or a BB). Because of the 4 mil grind, I actually used other ships now, like Shinonome and Budyonny, and thats how I noticed it.

• Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,530 posts
6,685 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Yes, thats what I usualy do too (playing Leander or a BB). Because of the 4 mil grind, I actually used other ships now, like Shinonome and Budyonny, and thats how I noticed it.

...I don't know if they had it before though. They might have, as Dallas was rather 'MEH'. 

Players
6,127 posts
10,292 battles
2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I don't know if they had it before though. They might have

I know, its possible. I couldnt tell myself, since I never paied attention earlier. But it makes sense, like @BlackYeti said - all the other ships in the other operations got captain skills at some later point.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
855 posts
6,230 battles

On friday evening. I saw how to lose the raptor game at a very early game. When first come minekaze, kuma and Myogi. Minekaze was able to launch her torpedoes before she died and none of us used a hydro. Those torps directly hit to engineer and BOOM. Game over. #Feelsad

[BBMM]
Players
5,530 posts
6,685 battles
52 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

On friday evening. I saw how to lose the raptor game at a very early game. When first come minekaze, kuma and Myogi. Minekaze was able to launch her torpedoes before she died and none of us used a hydro. Those torps directly hit to engineer and BOOM. Game over. #Feelsad

Oh that happens. I have seen it they could not hit the battleship Myogi. 

I had just blasted the cruiser to the bottom, so had to reload. 

And then the BB shot up the engineer... this game also ended very very soon. 

Nobody seemed to have sacrificed even a fly to RNGesus. 

Beta Tester
2,735 posts
6,990 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Nobody seemed to have sacrificed even a fly to RNGesus. 

What!! 

Noone sacrifices anything any more? 

Well shoot, noone told me those are not needed anymore, i ran out of goats, flyes, hell i'm running low on motherinlaws aswell :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
2,686 posts
9,881 battles
4 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

They might have, as Dallas was rather 'MEH'.

If I was you I would take a second look, you might find that ship awesome for operations.

At first I didn't like it, a far cry from Cleveland and I don't use it in random (the game style it's not my thing) but I had a huge fun in Aegis and in raptor, despite all things, Dallas has been my US work horse for the last PEV Mission.

Great for going after the cvs, you will end up with +- 20/25 planes under your belt, can citadel other cruisers very well, and it's very nimble, great for dealing with torps, great firing angles. without relying too much in hard cover crap. 

And my captain have only 8 points.

It's like half a Cleveland .

So, take a second look, it may grow on you.

[BIF]
Players
289 posts
4,153 battles
5 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

...I don't know if they had it before though. They might have, as Dallas was rather 'MEH'. 

Dallas is great for Operations. With full AA setup, she has like 10-11 point less AA rating than old Cleve had ( if i remember right, Cleve had 80+ ). And she can simultaneously equip hydro, DefAA, and Catapult Fighter.

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
371 posts
18,228 battles
7 minutes ago, K82J said:

Dallas is great for Operations. With full AA setup, she has like 10-11 point less AA rating than old Cleve had ( if i remember right, Cleve had 80+ ). And she can simultaneously equip hydro, DefAA, and Catapult Fighter.

Dallas is really not bad - one in team is good for good AA cover, but Leander is IMHO the stongest cruiser in the most scenarios (T6): hydro + heal + smoke + torps + agility + fast firing guns... No other ship offers similar great combo.

leander-41.jpg

leander-42.jpg

Players
2,997 posts

I like the operation but find that BB's are just too slow on reload to be that effective. I have to admit in a BB I tend to stay near the Raptor, this is a classic case where I need someone to team up with and have voice comms, maybe then it would be more enjoyable, not that it isn't already, prefer it to randoms

Players
628 posts
4,949 battles

people in dds and BBssneaking off leaving the team to get that oh so precious and greedy CV kill....cruiser players getting deleted in the first thirty seconds. its really not that hard of an op to play.  yep, it's a WG game.