Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

Another resource/economy poll

Resources and economy  

104 members have voted

  1. 1. What resource are you lacking most frequently or most lately?

    • Credits
      26
    • XP
      1
    • Free XP
      7
    • Captain XP
      16
    • Doubloons
      4
    • Coal
      1
    • Steel
      36
    • Other exotic material
      3
    • Other
      1
    • Nothing
      9
  2. 2. What resource is most abundant for you at the moment?

    • Credits
      28
    • XP
      12
    • Free XP
      21
    • Captain XP
      7
    • Doubloons
      5
    • Coal
      9
    • Steel
      3
    • Other exotic material
      1
    • Other
      0
    • Nothing
      18
  3. 3. What resource needs adjustment in economy, if any? (increased or decreased)

    • Credits
      23
    • XP
      5
    • Free XP
      2
    • Captain XP
      9
    • Doubloons
      4
    • Coal
      2
    • Steel
      24
    • Other exotic material
      2
    • Other
      0
    • Nothing
      33
  4. 4. Who's voting - Freeloader or P2W + approx how many games:

    • F2P below 3000 games
      10
    • P2W below 3000 games
      16
    • F2P 3001-9000 games
      9
    • P2W 3001-9000 games
      33
    • F2P above 9000 games
      10
    • P2W above 9000 games
      13
    • Other
      13

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[UNICS]
Players
3,724 posts
14,566 battles

A little bit different this time. Just wondering how players' economies are, and what they think about the current economy.

 

To me it seems credits have gone down a lot. Less credit boosts from containers and events. I suspect the abundance of Missouris has some of the blame. Credits income was inflated and WG decreased credits earning from events and crates?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,766 posts
7,580 battles

With "XP" you mean XP sitting around on Premium/Elite ships?

Or XP for grinding ships, i.e. i want to grind a line and i use all flags and i can get like 40k in one match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
740 posts
12,094 battles

There is not really much point in participating in the poll, as it lacks context. I collect ships, so credits is a small issue, but commander xp is a much bigger one. People who sell their ships and move commanders up tiers will encounter different issues.

And freeloader or pay 2 winner players tags are not very useful.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,724 posts
14,566 battles
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

With "XP" you mean XP sitting around on Premium/Elite ships?

Or XP for grinding ships, i.e. i want to grind a line and i use all flags and i can get like 40k in one match?

Depends on if you see either as an issue. Normal XP is a waste at times and a grind to get in other times.

9 minutes ago, Armorin said:

There is not really much point in participating in the poll, as it lacks context. I collect ships, so credits is a small issue, but commander xp is a much bigger one. People who sell their ships and move commanders up tiers will encounter different issues.

And freeloader or pay 2 winner players tags are not very useful.

People have different issues. How is a poll not helpful to find out how big these issues are? Context means quite little here, but feel free to write your reasons for feeling a certain way.

Yea, I know, freeloader and P2W tags will offend some easily offendable people. Depends if you believe either label is true though, or if the labels are in jest.

No. The poll is quite fine, if enough people decide to vote that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
740 posts
12,094 battles

@loppantorkel I can take that the freeloader and p2w tags are made in jest. But seriously, the poll lacks context as people approach this game differently. People who don't want to spend a dime on the game are probably going to lack doubloons unless they are lucky with SC's. People who are not top players in top clans are going to lack steel. Coal was abundant for me until I spent it on Jean Bart, hoping the coupon might get me a decent steel ship before the expiry date. Coal can be grind out for those who play a lot, others might find it hard to come by.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,766 posts
7,580 battles

Just some thought as i voted now:

- Free XP is devaluated imo. You can farm huge amounts with little effort. This creates problems, because people who play a lot are drowning in FreeXP. The only use for it is skipping new lines/upgrading ships or to get Premium ships when WG releases them. At the same time, WG is introducing new lines with means to skip to T8 right away (RN DDs f.e.). So people need even less FreeXP to jump to T10 right away.

Removing FreeXP premium ships at times puts a strain on those people who play less. They dont use their FreeXP for upgrades on their ships, because they are saving it for a Premium ship.

 

- Captain XP: The more 19 pt cptns you have, the easier you will accumulate Captain XP. So it kinda favors longtime players heavily. Thats something im lacking all the time, because i have only a handful of 19 pointers. And i would need to play those ships all the time aswell, to get more Captain XP - but have to play other ships too.... At the same time, you need 10-14 point commanders on most midtier ships too now, because either the ship requires it (CE+IFHE) or you need to stay "competetive" against players who got 19pt captains. 

F.e. played La Gal with 7 pt captain couple of days ago (to get Credits for PEF) in T8 MM - and it kinda sucked. Concealment was garbage and HE deals very little damage because no IFHE.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,724 posts
14,566 battles
9 minutes ago, Armorin said:

But seriously, the poll lacks context as people approach this game differently. People who don't want to spend a dime on the game are probably going to lack doubloons unless they are lucky with SC's. People who are not top players in top clans are going to lack steel. Coal was abundant for me until I spent it on Jean Bart, hoping the coupon might get me a decent steel ship before the expiry date. Coal can be grind out for those who play a lot, others might find it hard to come by.

So...? It's like every poll would be invalid because people could vote differently for different unknown reasons :Smile_ohmy:

Context is interesting, but not always needed when polling. Polls can be done to create a overall picture. This poll is made to get a picture of how a small fraction of the playerbase perceives the current economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
740 posts
12,094 battles

@loppantorkel I'll agree to disagree. I've voted. Still think it's going to be something of a jumbled up mess to a large extent.

 

EDIT: So I voted free xp as most lacking as it is the most useful, with a variety of applications. I've got 922k, but holding out for 1mil on Alaska rumours. I voted xp as the most abundant. Don't want to spend the doubloons to convert it as unfortunately it is not the case that money is no object for me. I've voted for nothing that needs to change, as I'm not a position to need to sink anything into an abyss and progression can be made quite nicely at the moment. I'm a 3000 to 9000 games pay 2 progress player, although I suppose if you include all battles I'm probably lying a bit on that one.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,724 posts
14,566 battles
7 minutes ago, Armorin said:

I'll agree to disagree. I've voted. Still think it's going to be something of a jumbled up mess to a large extent.

Thanks. I'm not saying it won't be a jumbled mess in the end. The poll might still say something if enough people vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
5,013 posts
9,482 battles

So, just voted.

 

Most lacking atm is coal. I got the steel ship I wanted, got the credits and free XP for months to come (even with the Alaska at the door step) so the only thing I constantely need is coal (special modules, ships, etc.)

 

Most abundant: FXP (when you're able to grind out 450k 350k FXP with a few operations something's amiss)

 

Adjustment needed: Credits reduced (mostly in high tiers). I know that's a delicate topic but with the current economy it's far to easy to sustain at high tiers. On top comes that in mid and low tiers it leads to too much credits lying around. And while WG offers some FXP drains here and there, credits are missing such a 'drain'. So instead of creating an artifical drain, how about decreasing credit income overall by ... let's be cautious here ... 3-5%?

 

And by now I think it's safe to say, that I entered the whaling section.... so there's that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,724 posts
14,566 battles
2 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

So, just voted.

 

Most lacking atm is coal. I got the steel ship I wanted, got the credits and free XP for months to come (even with the Alaska at the door step) so the only thing I constantely need is coal (special modules, ships, etc.)

 

Most abundant: FXP (when you're able to grind out 450k FXP with a few operations something's amiss)

That's pretty interesting. I have lots of FreeXP, but only because I haven't spent much. I have know idea how you're able to grind 450k FXP with a few operations and I doubt that anything other than a small fraction of the playerbase games the economy in such a way. In 'normal' mode, I wouldn't say FXP is grinded that easily.

Quote

 

Adjustment needed: Credits reduced (mostly in high tiers). I know that's a delicate topic but with the current economy it's far to easy to sustain at high tiers. On top comes that in mid and low tiers it leads to too much credits lying around. And while WG offers some FXP drains here and there, credits are missing such a 'drain'. So instead of creating an artifical drain, how about decreasing credit income overall by ... let's be cautious here ... 3-5%?

 

And by now I think it's safe to say, that I entered the whaling section.... so there's that.

This is where I think you lack some perspective. There was a period where WG dropped plenty of credits in events and loot crates. I think coal, and in some cases steel, has replaced credit drops to a large degree. I was above 100M at one point (which is nothing at all to some), but now I'm down to 3M. I'm still grinding lines, so I've got plenty of credit sinks. My point is that while the economy (high or low tier) might not have been nerfed, the reduction of extra credit drops have made the credit economy tougher since the introduction of the new resources. I had a good buffer for awhile, but it's gone now, and if I'm correct about the tougher credits economy, plenty of other players should have noticed the decrease of credits too. I think the inflated credits economy is a thing of the past for most players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
5,013 posts
9,482 battles
5 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I have know idea how you're able to grind 450k FXP

Apologies, I suck at math. It was "only" 350k FXP. Basically "Operation Dynamo" + Sims + Premium account + alle the fancy signals and camos that give FXP (like "Spring Sky camo") and I managed to get 20k FXP consistenly per operation run. But I assume you're right that very little players game the economy in that way. On the other hand, WG themselves admitted that the Alaska will cost 1 million mostly as a reaction to the inflation of FXP. There was even a poll in the forums where (I think it was @Leo_Apollo11 ) that ask how long it took players to reach the FXP required for the different FXP ships. And while it was a "hard grind" for the first 750000 for the Missouri, most stated that after that generation of FXP was way easier (although it could be that I misremember the poll).

 

12 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

This is where I think you lack some perspective.

Regarding your second point, I'll answer with a clear: Maybe. I'll need to think a bit more about that. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,720 posts
11,486 battles

Hi all,

 

44 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

There was even a poll in the forums where (I think it was @Leo_Apollo11 ) that ask how long it took players to reach the FXP required for the different FXP ships. And while it was a "hard grind" for the first 750000 for the Missouri, most stated that after that generation of FXP was way easier (although it could be that I misremember the poll). 

 

Yep! :Smile_Default:

 

 

It was posted here:

 

 

and at Reddit:

 

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

 

P.S.

I now have 2.000.000 FreeXP ...:Smile_great:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
5,013 posts
9,482 battles

Thank you!

 

3 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I now have 2.000.000 FreeXP

"Only" 1.760.000 but steadily gaining... :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,321 posts
11,272 battles

Somewhat debatable terms, "lacking" vs "abundant".

 

I have 300k + coal, cause none of those bs ships interested me.

I only have around 10k steel, and I'm doing the eitel missions to go for black, even though I have serious doubts I'll ever take it out once the carriermageddon starts (I already have balansgrad)

I have been short on credits for ages, since I bought most of the tier tens the last months (exceptions being shima & carriers), amplified by rebuying ships for the snowflakes.

Couldn't really care for doubloons (only have a few k remaining, but didn't need any in ages) or freexp (also not a single ship that interests me)

 

So I went with 1. credits 2. coal 3. XP 4. P2W (still in premium time from SC's)

 

I entered XP for number 3 since it has gotten ridiculously easy to grind entire lines. I heard about a guy getting 4 tier tens in less than 1000 games - granted, he wasn't a newbie, but it is still indicative.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
742 posts
8,739 battles
21 hours ago, Saiyko said:

Somewhat debatable terms, "lacking" vs "abundant".

 

I have 300k + coal, cause none of those bs ships interested me.

I only have around 10k steel, and I'm doing the eitel missions to go for black, even though I have serious doubts I'll ever take it out once the carriermageddon starts (I already have balansgrad)

I have been short on credits for ages, since I bought most of the tier tens the last months (exceptions being shima & carriers), amplified by rebuying ships for the snowflakes.

Couldn't really care for doubloons (only have a few k remaining, but didn't need any in ages) or freexp (also not a single ship that interests me)

 

So I went with 1. credits 2. coal 3. XP 4. P2W (still in premium time from SC's)

 

I entered XP for number 3 since it has gotten ridiculously easy to grind entire lines. I heard about a guy getting 4 tier tens in less than 1000 games - granted, he wasn't a newbie, but it is still indicative.

I'm a DD main so I have about 12 of the engine boost modules and all the T3/4 coal ships.

 

Black I really hate. i didn't mind when they were only appearing from ranked by but now I am running into a couple a week. The Nazi DDs with their hydro are fat and slow but Black is a Fletcher, which is the best DD in the game anyway. 

 

And yes I am always short of credits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
4,214 posts
4,800 battles

I think economy is fine, but I always look what I spend and for what.

I still wonder how they get a T10 in 1000 games or so. 

This is how you get potatoes IMO, really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
533 posts
9,203 battles

I'm neither f2p or p2w. I bought 8 Premium ships from the shop and a couple of days Premium account time, but that's a far cry from a wallet whale.

 

I just spent a load of elite xp for my second 19-point captain (RN), but this is rising again nicely.

 

I just spent all my fxp on Kronshtadt, but again this is replenishing at a satisfactory rate.

 

I have the silver credits to purchase my next tech tree ship, but am hoarding it for the moment. With the current event focus on credit grinding by the time I'm finished I'll be able to cover a whole new tranche of tech tree ships.

 

I spent all of my doubloons on discounted port slots before Christmas. Sure I'd like more, but there's nothing I would currently buy so not feeling the lack.

 

Steel? Not realistic. N/A

 

Coal? Currently on 137k, waiting patiently for this to accrue enough for Jean Bart.

 

I think the economy is fine as it is. No complaints.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WCWVE]
Players
921 posts
14,912 battles

Currently sitting on more than 1 million free experience (heard that Alaska will cost 1m so holding to get on day of release)

Had zero coal when Jean Bart was announced and collected all the coal necessary for it with coupon on Christmas Day 

Steel - currently 11119 and with P E F objective 4 that will give me 11619 (enough for the Flint)

Credits less than 2 million with several T9's nearly ready for T10 (just finished Midway (wanted it before carrier nerf))

Elite XP - only 1 captain producing (Assashio) and currently because I have finished both IJN and US credit grinds, none being added 

Ships nearing upgrade - Neptune, Buffalo, Kitakaze, Zao, Roon - so need lots of credits there, plus because I was collecting credits for Midway several ships have not received there upgrades as yet 

Doubloons - 118 - I need more 

Credit grind PEF stats GR 3m FR 2.9m Rus 1m GB 1.3m, IT 1.9m, CW 1.4m Pol 1.4m PanAM 1.4m Panasia 0 - IJN completed US completed 

Port slots 19

Ships in port 267

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
679 posts
7,291 battles

I don't like WG's constantly "moving goalposts" in terms of resources and ships.

 

I've stopped bothering to make any attempt to accumulate resources - not even steel. I'd really, really like a Stalingrad but , by the time I get the steel (no doubt via paying $$$ for some sort of booster content), I expect it'll have been nerfed or power-crept by other OP ships. This is, of course, exactly how WoT strung its playerbase along for years.

 

Already credits, gold, FXP and coal are looking increasingly worthless, and perhaps steel will be also go that way once copper, molybdenum and whatever other new currencies are added to the game. It seems to me that they are simply creating endless additional cash soaks in order to boost their own profits. I personally can't be bothered to be part of the "whale race", and so will probably instead just run down my game assets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,508 posts
245 battles

Is it possible to add an all the above option incase someone happens to be fine in terms for currency or the complete opposite?

 

Creds is fine for me since they are the easiest to earn, doubloons (i refuse to spend on this game did enough of that on world of tanks), xp dont really notice it, captain xp just takes forever to get levels up but at least i have a 13 point captain at tier 8 at least. coal im fine, steel i could careless dont have the time to join a clan anyways, i think guineas could have a new function or be converted into coal or steel. (to get them would be a challenge though).

 

thats it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,724 posts
14,566 battles
3 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Is it possible to add an all the above option incase someone happens to be fine in terms for currency or the complete opposite?

No, I think it's fine the way it is. You've got the 'nothing' and 'other' options also.

3 hours ago, CptBarney said:

 

Creds is fine for me since they are the easiest to earn, doubloons (i refuse to spend on this game did enough of that on world of tanks), xp dont really notice it, captain xp just takes forever to get levels up but at least i have a 13 point captain at tier 8 at least. coal im fine, steel i could careless dont have the time to join a clan anyways, i think guineas could have a new function or be converted into coal or steel. (to get them would be a challenge though).

 

thats it for me.

What are your current creds earning tricks? How much do you have now and how much have you gained the past month or so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,508 posts
245 battles
34 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

No, I think it's fine the way it is. You've got the 'nothing' and 'other' options also.

oh, i just wondering if it was possible.

34 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

What are your current creds earning tricks? How much do you have now and how much have you gained the past month or so?

Dunno only just started playing yesterday again and today so anything i gather is going to be heavily skewed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
853 posts
907 battles

Well, Ioppantorkel, your poll has a big error in it. You get all these responses but there is no way to co-relate/distinguish  the answers given according to the type of player answering.

Right there, all the responses are pretty much meaningless. All you are capturing is the player current opinion (in general).

For reference, I'm a F2P 'Freeloader' w less than 3k battles who answered 'nothing' to all the questions cause how could I answer honestly otherwise.

btw, I, flukily, got a freebie black Mass from a container drop & was gifted an Asashio (by we all know who, lol) so credit earning, my big problem was, essentially, solved.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×