Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GBDarkAngel

Is it now time to claw back all our cash?

21 comments in this topic

[ANV]
Players
315 posts
3,690 battles

Stopped reading at "90% on its arse" 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,498 posts
Just now, Lord0 said:

Stopped reading at "90% on its arse" 

You managed to read that far?

I already stopped at the title, as it is pretty much enough nonsense already.

• Funny 3

[NED]
Players
4,379 posts
12,066 battles

I recommend reading through the OP. It's one of the most hilarious rants I've seen in a long time. Together with his/ her 1300 matches....

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
3,536 posts
9,182 battles
27 minutes ago, GBDarkAngel said:

Seeing that the game is pretty much 90% on its arse just now with no real direction in the future is it maybe time we started clawing back all our money?

I'll be the first to admit I'm not exactly positive about the upcoming CV rework ("not exactly positive" being defined as the approximate feeling one might have after being smothered in delicious barbeque sauce and thrown into a zoo enclosure full of hungry Kodiak bears), but even I don't think the game is irretrievably boned.

WG aren't (generally) complete idiots, so I'm fairly confident that even if the CV rework turns out to be as pleasant as removing one's strides and dunking one's Joy Department in Candiru-infested water, it'll get fixed in fairly short order (or removed altogether) for the simple reason that WG's income from the game will plummet if they don't.

I'm working on the basis that, if the CV changes blow goats (and they may not in the final instance), we can just play Coop/Ops/T9 Ranked/Tanks/other games entirely until it gets sorted out; hey, it's winter here - I could even get out in the fresh air and play in the snow! Other than CVs, we get the odd silly and/or contentious change, but nothing so disastrous that the game can be described as seriously in trouble. Not yet, anyway.

• Funny 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
46 minutes ago, GBDarkAngel said:

the fact that the game is still Beta

Beta ended well over 3 years ago, mid-September 2015 :fish_palm:

and still has a number of bugs

Game constantly being developed gaining new bugs, what a surprise. Totally doesn't happen in any other game that gets new updates :fish_palm:

Also not all old bugs are easy to catch / important enough to pay much attention to them

Aimbots

Aimbots are useful if you are extremely bad at aiming and you are shooting at people who are extremely bad at controlling their ship. If even 1 of those sides goes above "extremely bad" in their skill - aimbot becomes completely useless

It can't predict anything like a human would, and it can be dodged just like any other salvo :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
50 minutes ago, GBDarkAngel said:

Seeing that the game is pretty much 90% on its arse just now with no real direction in the future is it maybe time we started clawing back all our money?

Depending on how you have paid the fact that the game is still Beta and still has a number of bugs then you can claim your money back.

I must confess i have thought about this seriously over the past few weeks as I dont see anything coming in the future to change the game.

oh please do share your "serious thoughts" about this... I'm curious...

Players
1,565 posts
10,242 battles

This isn't trolling, this is some disorder.

Can't be sarcastic either, simply can't. No one is that good.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,548 posts
7,017 battles

Damn...just missed it

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,130 posts
27,984 battles
1 minute ago, domen3 said:

Damn...just missed it

As did I. :etc_red_button:

Players
547 posts
2,019 battles
33 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

one's Joy Department

I really should learn not to read your comments while drinking (only water, in this case) :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
817 posts
47 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

we can just play Coop

Yeah, you have fun playing COOP all the time against bots. But you do know CV's are in COOP also? Bot CV's sending 1000's of planes in COOP because they are unlimited. :Smile_facepalm:

[SM0KE]
Players
3,536 posts
9,182 battles
7 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Yeah, you have fun playing COOP all the time against bots. But you do know CV's are in COOP also? Bot CV's sending 1000's of planes in COOP because they are unlimited. :Smile_facepalm:

It's not my favoured option, but it's still an option. I have to admit, I'm expecting to avoid coop too, once I've completed my assessment of the new CVs (if they suck)...

Edit: it's a time thing; if CVs sucked and were permanent, then I'd probably leave the game - WG simply won't let both happen though, so we just have to survive a month or three.

Players
817 posts

COOP games is okay for learning a new ship, or playing when new at first to WOWS. But it offers no challenge to a seasoned player, too easy and becomes boring with all the bot ships, you win virtually every game because of it.

• Boring 1

[_OPC_]
Players
442 posts
13,114 battles
11 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Me 3 

I always miss the good ones :Smile_sceptic:

Damn me too :(

@Nebiros_1 can we have the OP post back? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
552 posts
10,078 battles

Let me up my post count by making irrelevant post in the soon to be closed thread.

Makes me wonder how in coop CV is to send 1000 planes as it can send one squad at a time and game time is short.

But hey what do I know, I play coop quite rarely.

I do believe that CV rework will be a disaster but for completely different reasons that everyone assumes.