Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ajb13

Lock guns on bearing?

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
660 posts
12,465 battles

Was just about to engage a DD in my cruiser when somehow I locked my guns on a bearing! Desperately went into the control menu to find the keystrokes to unlock it but it doesn't appear to be listed. In the end I finished him off by angling my ship to aim the guns ( a lot of TD games in WoT helped there :Smile_Default:) but needed a big hit on him from an ally to do it. What did I do to lock the guns, and why the hell isn't it listed in the game controls?

Players
787 posts
14,889 battles

ctr + X was it? Or shift + X. can't remember :cap_yes:

You break it by pressing X

[SM0KE]
Players
3,576 posts
9,222 battles
47 minutes ago, quickr said:

ctr + X was it? Or shift + X. can't remember

I think both do something similar - from memory, one locks the guns on a bearing relative to the ship, whilst the other points them at a patch of scenery (or something like that)...?

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,653 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I think both do something similar - from memory, one locks the guns on a bearing relative to the ship, whilst the other points them at a patch of scenery (or something like that)...?

It's like that, "Ctrl+X" lock guns on a fixed position relative to the ship (so the guns doesn't move when you change course) and "Shift+X" lock guns to the point you were aiming (so guns rotate when you change course). I usually use the first one as I want to make a 180º turn and want to have guns on the other side as soon as possible while maneuvering.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this