Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shungite_Merchant

cv rework balance

16 comments in this topic

Players
340 posts
14,953 battles

ive played the PTS alot, im worried about ships and defending them selves AA buffs are need to not resort to fighter consumable, i'm also worried about aircraft launching fast to scout before any plans can be made by teams, maybe a timer for aircraft to be launched should be added, rockets with 50mm pen... maybe the magic number of 50mm pen should only be reached with IFHE commander perk, so its costly if they spec into that,, also can radar detect aircraft one thing i havn't been able to check out, radar was invented to detect aircraft, would it increase damage on aircraft once activated, i mean using radar on planes or a dd that is a choice? with over 95% the player base playing ships and less than 5% playing cv, should the rework be brought it live in a very weakened state to keep the 95% happy and buff when needed on cv's? and not the way it seems nerf when needed

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,912 posts
19,734 battles
54 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

i mean using radar on planes or a dd that is a choice?

Radar can't spot planes.

With the exception of IJN TBs (which have 7.5km base concealment) all planes are detected from 10km anyway. Using radar would therefore be either impossible or useless. All you'd be doing is ringing the dinnerbell as planes now can see whether they're detected or not too.

54 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

with over 95% the player base playing ships and less than 5% playing cv, should the rework be brought it live in a very weakened state to keep the 95% happy and buff when needed on cv's?

The rework aims to make CVs more popular so more than 5% of all players play them.

The easiest way to achieve that is to make it broken as :etc_swear:.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles

Slightly off topic, but there are enough threads out already: Does anyone know if, and how, the function of the fighter/spotter plane consumable will be affected by the CV rework?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,912 posts
19,734 battles
2 hours ago, Procrastes said:

the function of the fighter/spotter plane consumable will be affected by the CV rework?

Spotter didn't get any changes afaik.

You launch a squad of fighters now (yes, this looks exactly as silly as it sounds), duration is only 30 seconds but cd is also fairly short. These will however only shoot down one plane per fighter and, like all fighters, can be cheesed.

Still considering the state of AA guns catapult fighters are currently your best means of defense.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,281 battles
2 hours ago, Procrastes said:

Slightly off topic, but there are enough threads out already: Does anyone know if, and how, the function of the fighter/spotter plane consumable will be affected by the CV rework?

The fighter plane now acts like the summoned fighter squad that CV use.

Its launched from your ship, flies around in a smallish area (usually 3km). Any enemy planes that enter the area it attacks. Unlike the previous fighter (which mostly just annoyed enemy planes), it kills planes that it locks onto very quickly.

When it has killed a plane per fighter it then leaves (so a squad of 2 will leave after 2 kills).

The active time is much lower - 30 seconds.

Ships launch a larger number of fighter planes than before. The kuma (tier 4) launches a single fighter. The pensacola (tier 6) launches 2. The Des Moines (tier X) launches a squad of 6.

The tier 1 skill catapult fighter control gives +1 fighterplane and -40% flight time (so becomes active for 18 seconds)

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles

...I always so much realy HATED those T8..T9...T10 vastly overpowered CV's!!!!...I always did!...why? cuz they killed entertaining battles for some 50% of my battles played. I HATE them! I mean presents state!....I hate present state T8/T9/T10 op CV's!!!...reworks are OK!!!...that will give us back our great game, finally!!!

...but present state OP CV'S...the braindead can play & easy win!!!....those cowards can not be shot at !!!....cowards!!!!, while at same time putting hundreds of planes in sky (every square metre ocean detected) & they can torp manually a goldfish up-close in the Ocean....people playing those CV's are ruining our great game!!!....how many players just logg=out after having seen such???...they simply decide to go doing something else.....low-mindset-people playing those (present state) vastly overpowered CV...guess why??...in rl they are close to nothing...& here...well here they can "pretend to be GODLIKE"...destroying all others!...comes with a cost....a price-tag...

re-works of CV's will bring GOOD change!!!!...so this crap will be finished once & for all....after re-works we will get our great game back!!! that's my opinion!...re-works are necessary & great!!!...= OK!!!

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
17 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

...I always so much realy HATED those T8..T9...T10 vastly overpowered CV's!!!!...I always did!...why? cuz they killed entertaining battles for some 50% of my battles played. I HATE them! I mean presents state!....I hate present state T8/T9/T10 op CV's!!!...reworks are OK!!!...that will give us back our great game, finally!!!

...but present state OP CV'S...the braindead can play & easy win!!!....those cowards can not be shot at !!!....cowards!!!!, while at same time putting hundreds of planes in sky (every square metre ocean detected) & they can torp manually a goldfish up-close in the Ocean....people playing those CV's are ruining our great game!!!....how many players just logg=out after having seen such???...they simply decide to go doing something else.....low-mindset-people playing those (present state) vastly overpowered CV...guess why??...in rl they are close to nothing...& here...well here they can "pretend to be GODLIKE"...destroying all others!...comes with a cost....a price-tag...

re-works of CV's will bring GOOD change!!!!...so this crap will be finished once & for all....after re-works we will get our great game back!!! that's my opinion!...re-works are necessary & great!!!...= OK!!!

Oh dear god - you have no idea what's coming, do you?

If you think CVs are broken in their current state and that the rework makes them somehow more balanced then you have such a shock coming.

• Funny 1

Players
4,487 posts
7,604 battles
13 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

My poor first baby steps into random with the T10 (okay mostly bots, but T10 bots)

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.2b274fcfd8cb4cfec9c90d8fb14ba72f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.52890aebda8a55b872f22ca75bc8468b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c4a51454aa28e9557f64b5bfbf712bd8.jpeg

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles
1 hour ago, Xevious_Red said:

The fighter plane now acts like the summoned fighter squad that CV use.

Its launched from your ship, flies around in a smallish area (usually 3km). Any enemy planes that enter the area it attacks. Unlike the previous fighter (which mostly just annoyed enemy planes), it kills planes that it locks onto very quickly.

When it has killed a plane per fighter it then leaves (so a squad of 2 will leave after 2 kills).

The active time is much lower - 30 seconds.

Ships launch a larger number of fighter planes than before. The kuma (tier 4) launches a single fighter. The pensacola (tier 6) launches 2. The Des Moines (tier X) launches a squad of 6.

The tier 1 skill catapult fighter control gives +1 fighterplane and -40% flight time (so becomes active for 18 seconds)

So the days when I could have my little fighter fly around for a couple of minutes, peeking over islands and spotting torpedoes and DD:s, are gone, now? Even in cruisers?

Awww...:Smile_sad:

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
46 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

If you think CVs are broken in their current state and that the rework makes them somehow more balanced then you have such a shock coming.

.....I only realy hated T8 + T9 + T10 overpowered CV's.....lower tiers actually fitt in quite nicely (=realy ok)...so it is only the high tiers CV's I HATE. And to make this objective view: it was not what they did to me...no (yes, they destroyed some 50% of my battles, but ok), no,....I saw what they did to my teammates....left me with only 1x opinion after 2 years playing: CV's high tiers realy hurt (= severally stagnate) our great game)....I often wondered, seeing what they did to enthousiastic teammate BB's...totally ruining them (so easily...ehhh????)....BB's having NO defence at all....totally crippled + using damage control...to save some lousy 10K health...but np for OP high tiers CV's...they just send another 10x torp-planes...GODLIKE???...yeah...I realy guess they feel like that....being close to nothing in RL they now got the GODLIKE-POWERS TO DESTROY FUN AND ENTERTAINING BATTLES FOR 22x other players!!!...this has price tag...comes at high costs....stagnates game!!!...WG is always striving for WIN-WIN-Solutions...so now WG comes in action and they will give us playerbase the better....we are entitled to such & at same time makes WG happy!! (= WIN-WIN!!!!...ALL will benefit!).

No doubt in my mind re-works WILL give us back our game & will represent an immense improvement!...so yeah...I CHEERS such!...for us ALL!!

Besides the above: I very, very much like the planes (&actions taken, so graphically brilliant so unique!...I so much like the planes!!...so great & such an important ingredient for such an incredibly great game...we keep the planes!!!...awesome...unique, so great to watch!!)

...besides that...I have seen + read things...developments regarding re-works....must say: I like it!!...makes me realy enthousiastic!!!...I was always T8/T9/T10 OP CV HATER...ohh, yes...for sure...but after re-works....must say the high-tiers CV-hater (=me) might very well possible going playing CV'S myself!...that says all, aint it...me thinking about future self-CV-playing (=after re-works)....says it all...has all to do with the great re-works of CV's.....GREAT!!

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles
1 hour ago, Xevious_Red said:

So, you get less duration with a skill point invested... great. :Smile_sceptic:

Is the DCFCA skill still worth it?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,912 posts
19,734 battles
1 minute ago, Procrastes said:

Is the DCFCA skill still worth it?

Imo no. Quite frankly with only 18 seconds up time a CV can theoretically just boost away from your fighters until they inevitably run out.

Also it doesn't affect spotters anymore.

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles
34 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Imo no. Quite frankly with only 18 seconds up time a CV can theoretically just boost away from your fighters until they inevitably run out.

Also it doesn't affect spotters anymore.

Call me Respecca, then... Respecca Skillbuild. And there was much wailing, and passage of time... :cap_fainting:

And why did they have to remove the effect of an extra spotter plane? It is so neat to have that extra spotter plane...

• Funny 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,281 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

They're also frequently lazy.

You summon them. They take a bit of time to arrive, but thats eating into the 18 seconds already.

Then once they're down...... they don't attack something, they just start a lazy patrol, looking for something.

Then they finally realise they might have to attack something, and start speeding towards it........ when the 18 seconds runs out so they just leave.

Beta Tester
58 posts
4,794 battles
28 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

For something that even braindead can play, your 24 battles in CV wasn't really impressive...

Sign in to follow this