Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Animalul2012

After you remove Kronshtadt can we improve the AP pen angles and dispersion?

56 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,948 battles

Before reading this if you are not owner of a kronstadt then you better not reply if you really are please tell your opinion about this! Thank you!

Kronstadt is a t9 premium soviet cruiser. During its testing many people made fun of kronstadt about how OP it is because it is soviet! Well things changed when it came live.

The armor is underwhelming= 25 mm of armor all around the ship you need about a 376mm gun in order to overmatch it, the only bbs that will not do it are lyon and schanhorst and king george. The citadel is very exposed and very wide, show broadside and you are dead! But it is really a problem? Well not really most t9 cruisers have 25mm of armor all around and big citadel so it is alright.

The guns: the guns are HORRIBLE. your gunners are blind or suffer from PTSD. 2.0 sigma is only on paper it doesnt fell like 2.0 at all, dispersion is all over the place you will have no problems hitting the sea or the sky.You do not get improved angles most targets just need to angle a little bit and you will get only bounces. They also overpen a lot, however the only good thing about them is the velocity but what good at if you cant hit your targets and do proper damage? Forget about the HE shells they are most of the time useless and you need to be very lucky to start fires with them. 

AA:the aa is garbage nothing here, you need worcester aa to shot down planes otherwise say good bye.

Maneuverability: for a cruiser so big i found it to be good, rudder shift is alright and turning circle is acceptable and the speed is nice.

Concealment:12.4 is okay when you got a 11.7 radar you know so that the destroyers can stand a chance.

Refrigerator:spotter plane-meh good to hit thinks in smoke i guess or you can switch it for defensive aa fire but you are not des moines or worcester.you get a heal and a 11.7km radar that can last up to 30sec.

My point:this ship is garbage. you have no armor so every battleship will focus you and every salvo will deal 10k damage or even more. the guns are horrible you just cant hit with them and do proper damage what this means: a ship with no guns is a bad ship simple as that.Give this ship the same pen angles as stalingrad, improve its dispersion and sigma and you can increase the reload by 1 or 2 sec. This ship needs consistent guns to work.

And now my kronstadt players think how much worse this ship was in the first phase of the testing. 

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,948 battles
Just now, gopher31 said:

Don’t forget tactical nukes...

im not joking and you should stop with all this russian bias [edited] it doesnt exist it wows not yet! 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,603 posts
11,635 battles

I would love a dispersion buff but what are we  balancing this ship against?

 

When the Alaska comes out we'll see how they compare by the most recent reviews the Kronstadt looks stronger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,948 battles
3 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I would love a dispersion buff but what are we  balancing this ship against?

 

When the Alaska comes out we'll see how they compare by the most recent reviews the Kronstadt looks stronger.

increase reload and alaska looks stronger to me. american ap angles that can citadel most cruisers even if they angle. better concealment and better armor:27mm of bow armor any 380mm battleships will not be able to overmatch you and a 36mm deck. the velocity and the pen are a problem but alaska is a cruiser hunter kronstadt cant hunt bbs and neither cruisers.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
22 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

Before reading this if you are not owner of a kronstadt then you better not reply if you really are please tell your opinion about this! Thank you!

Kronstadt is a t9 premium soviet cruiser. During its testing many people made fun of kronstadt about how OP it is because it is soviet! Well things changed when it came live.

The armor is underwhelming= 25 mm of armor all around the ship you need about a 376mm gun in order to overmatch it, the only bbs that will not do it are lyon and schanhorst and king george. The citadel is very exposed and very wide, show broadside and you are dead! But it is really a problem? Well not really most t9 cruisers have 25mm of armor all around and big citadel so it is alright.

The guns: the guns are HORRIBLE. your gunners are blind or suffer from PTSD. 2.0 sigma is only on paper it doesnt fell like 2.0 at all, dispersion is all over the place you will have no problems hitting the sea or the sky.You do not get improved angles most targets just need to angle a little bit and you will get only bounces. They also overpen a lot, however the only good thing about them is the velocity but what good at if you cant hit your targets and do proper damage? Forget about the HE shells they are most of the time useless and you need to be very lucky to start fires with them. 

AA:the aa is garbage nothing here, you need worcester aa to shot down planes otherwise say good bye.

Maneuverability: for a cruiser so big i found it to be good, rudder shift is alright and turning circle is acceptable and the speed is nice.

Concealment:12.4 is okay when you got a 11.7 radar you know so that the destroyers can stand a chance.

Refrigerator:spotter plane-meh good to hit thinks in smoke i guess or you can switch it for defensive aa fire but you are not des moines or worcester.you get a heal and a 11.7km radar that can last up to 30sec.

My point:this ship is garbage. you have no armor so every battleship will focus you and every salvo will deal 10k damage or even more. the guns are horrible you just cant hit with them and do proper damage what this means: a ship with no guns is a bad ship simple as that.Give this ship the same pen angles as stalingrad, improve its dispersion and sigma and you can increase the reload by 1 or 2 sec. This ship needs consistent guns to work.

And now my kronstadt players think how much worse this ship was in the first phase of the testing. 

 

Kron is strongest t9 ship in game, it is ship that with ease play in t10 and is equaly good fighting Cruisers and BBs....citadeling BBs on 20 kn is not rear sight

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SEN]
Players
795 posts

I own one, and I found a bit of "meh", the ship do not excel at all, its very vulnerable at HE spam, the RoF its terrible ( an worcester will make fun of you in less then a minute...) and the dispersion its almost BB level, so good luck to hit an dancing destroyer at 10 k.... 

The only pro its the great HP pool and relatively ok.ish maneuverability... No torps on her for close range, AA is meh, indeed, so nothing especial, just a mediocre T9, BUT, since its premium, its still printing some decent credits...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,869 posts
9,001 battles
49 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

The guns: the guns are HORRIBLE. your gunners are blind or suffer from PTSD. 2.0 sigma is only on paper it doesnt fell like 2.0 at all, dispersion is all over the place you will have no problems hitting the sea or the sky.You do not get improved

 

Sigma isnt everything.

Kron uses UK/US/RU BB dispersion elipse, thats why it has such a bad dispersion. Sigma only groups shells together to the center.

 

Personaly: I dont like Kronshtadt either that much. Dispersion is just so meh for a Cruiser. As for being easily citadelled i disagree. The citadel is imo well protected with weakspots infront of the turrets. And i guess Repub/Yamato guns will citadel your broadside easier as the CItadel deck armor is 30mm (=overmatch).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
26 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

I own one, and I found a bit of "meh", the ship do not excel at all, its very vulnerable at HE spam, the RoF its terrible ( an worcester will make fun of you in less then a minute...) and the dispersion its almost BB level, so good luck to hit an dancing destroyer at 10 k.... 

The only pro its the great HP pool and relatively ok.ish maneuverability... No torps on her for close range, AA is meh, indeed, so nothing especial, just a mediocre T9, BUT, since its premium, its still printing some decent credits...

so guns that citadels BBs on 20 k regularly are meh guns...good to know :)

when you get Stalin you will define him also as Meh ship i see :)

 

p.s.

RU Cruisers newer were DD killer cause their ROF is low, but long range radar makes them great support ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,603 posts
11,635 battles
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Sigma isnt everything.

Kron uses UK/US/RU BB dispersion elipse, thats why it has such a bad dispersion. Sigma only groups shells together to the center.

 

Personaly: I dont like Kronshtadt either that much. Dispersion is just so meh for a Cruiser. As for being easily citadelled i disagree. The citadel is imo well protected with weakspots infront of the turrets. And i guess Repub/Yamato guns will citadel your broadside easier as the CItadel deck armor is 30mm (=overmatch).

 

If you come from battleships the Kronstadts dispersion seems good, mostly due to the 2.05 sigma.

If you come form a cruiser the dispersion feels bad this is the way it should be.

If WG would adjust dispersion to be equal to  the Alaska (approx 241m to 200m at 18km)

to compensate for the 60 sec fires I would be a very happy owner!

It doesn't need the  ricochet angles though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,869 posts
9,001 battles
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

If you come from battleships the Kronstadts dispersion seems good, mostly due to the 2.05 sigma.

If you come form a cruiser the dispersion feels bad this is the way it should be.

If WG would adjust dispersion to be equal to  the Alaska (approx 241m to 200m at 18km)

to compensate for the 60 sec fires I would be a very happy owner!

It doesn't need the  ricochet angles though. 

 

Maybe they should give it 0,2 sec AP Fuse delay (instead of 0,33) so it wont overpen Cruisers as much :cap_hmm: Stalingrad has it aswell...

Then i could live with the worse dispersion. But its so [edited]retarded that you only get overpens because shells are so fast. Broadsides should get punished more - not less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,583 posts
24,842 battles

Krons guns are fine, what it needs IMO is exactly what Alaska gets - 30-ish mm of deck armour so it eats plunging AP only from few bbs it faces instead of pretty much any bb in its spread, it will still eat IFHE pens and burn (and thats ok since its HP) but it wont melt in 2 bb salvoes like it does now even when well angeled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
20 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

I just got an idea.



TINY TIM ON KRONS! BRILLIANT! MUHAHHAHA

*Tiny Ivans

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,948 battles
1 hour ago, veslingr said:

so guns that citadels BBs on 20 k regularly are meh guns...good to know :)

when you get Stalin you will define him also as Meh ship i see :)

  

p.s.

RU Cruisers newer were DD killer cause their ROF is low, but long range radar makes them great support ship

only STALINGRAD can do that i never citadeled bbs from 20km neither hit them for proper damage. Krosntadts is a piece of s**t. stalin is op and you know why? simple: armor that can bounce any bb when angled proper. and GUNS that can kill anything. stalingrad is the ship thats uses the counter aspect from wot= every tank is able to counter each other so stalin can counter every ship in the game.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
6 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

only STALINGRAD can do that i never citadeled bbs from 20km neither hit them for proper damage. Krosntadts is a piece of s**t. stalin is op and you know why? simple: armor that can bounce any bb when angled proper. and GUNS that can kill anything. stalingrad is the ship thats uses the counter aspect from wot= every tank is able to counter each other so stalin can counter every ship in the game.

no...Kron does that without problem

 

and it is number one by stats t9 cruiser

 

i fear that problem is in you not the ship

 

Capture.PNG

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TVO]
Players
57 posts
14,694 battles

Well there's my stats for kronshtadt and yep I agree It needs buff, why not? :Smile-_tongue::cap_like:

Screenshot (364).png

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
1,351 posts
20,731 battles

 a little accuracy buff , a little tiny one please. guns to unreliable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,603 posts
11,635 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Maybe they should give it 0,2 sec AP Fuse delay (instead of 0,33) so it wont overpen Cruisers as much :cap_hmm: Stalingrad has it aswell...

Then i could live with the worse dispersion. But its so [edited]retarded that you only get overpens because shells are so fast. Broadsides should get punished more - not less.

I would go further and give it the Scharnhorst 0.1 fuse. Getting nothing but overpens on cruisers 17km away is so common.

I had an angled Keanbart at5km so aimed for the upper belt, overpens. Aim for the belt and I got a citadel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T_D_G]
Players
389 posts
9,410 battles
3 hours ago, Animalul2012 said:

increase reload and alaska looks stronger to me. american ap angles that can citadel most cruisers even if they angle. better concealment and better armor:27mm of bow armor any 380mm battleships will not be able to overmatch you and a 36mm deck. the velocity and the pen are a problem but alaska is a cruiser hunter kronstadt cant hunt bbs and neither cruisers.

Dude, you have Rail guns on Kronshtat, just be more careful at shooting and pick your targets right. I use AP 99% or the time and have around 91K average damage after 215+ battles and around 60% WR, check my stats in it. If they improve the sigma, the ship will be completely OP in capable hands, and will be OK in hands of less experienced players.

 

What happens is that people missuse the ship and then looks for the errors in the ship itself or other players but oneself, which is a huge step backwards on improving.

 

Kronshtadt tanks like a BB, i've been able to eat 2 torps, heal, eat another 2 and survive, killing players and getting dreadnaught with it. Idk where people find it so inconsistent.

 

Sometimes i get angry at getting all the times overpens but look the damage counter at the end of the game and feel satisfied with it.

 

Edit: i have citadelled all the tier10 BBs out there with Kronshtadt, and punished almost all the bad moves of cruisers (the ones i didnt was cause them being full broadide at point blank and me getting overpens) , DDs also fear me cause of radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,869 posts
9,001 battles
3 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I had an angled Keanbart at5km so aimed for the upper belt, overpens. Aim for the belt and I got a citadel.

 

Probably not enough armor to fuse the shell?

Kronshtadt should need 51mm of armor to fuse the shell, JB upper belt is 32mm? When its full broadside, i guess it doesnt fuse at all :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
127 posts
29,549 battles
9 hours ago, gopher31 said:

If you come from battleships the Kronstadts dispersion seems good, mostly due to the 2.05 sigma.

If you come form a cruiser the dispersion feels bad this is the way it should be.

If WG would adjust dispersion to be equal to  the Alaska (approx 241m to 200m at 18km)

to compensate for the 60 sec fires I would be a very happy owner!

It doesn't need the  ricochet angles though. 

This, exactly this. Give it the same dispersion as Alaska and Azuma and it’s totally fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
8,257 battles

The ship is fine as it is. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×