You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

[cv rework] no carrier limit ?

109 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3,320 posts
14,517 battles

I thought the missing limitation of CVs per team on PTS was just for testing reasons. But people say it will go live like this.

Will there really be no limit on the live server @MrConway @Crysantos ?

If there will be no limit:

How is that supposed to look like ?!

A match with 6 ships on each team, getting constantly swarmed by 240 knot planes with multiple drops each and unlimited reserves doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

If there will be a limit:

How many will be allowed ?

Will it be a "soft limit" like the one for DDs ?

Even 3 CVs sounds too much to handle, especially in a division. 

Beta Tester
3,320 posts
14,517 battles
6 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Where does it state this?

That is just what people are saying, because PTS didn't have it. 

Hence I would like to have an official response, if there will be a limit on the live server.

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles

Yeah. They said it initially but i seriously doubt that this will last. More than 4 CVs (2+2) will totally break the match.

This is just one symptom of total 0.8 collapse

[JRM]
Players
6,578 posts
24,823 battles

I woud guess the limits will stay in place as they are now there is no sensible no reason to lift them, quite the contrary

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,281 battles
17 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

That is just what people are saying, because PTS didn't have it. 

Hence I would like to have an official response, if there will be a limit on the live server.

Well the PTS also had 4v4 games, and games where 22/24 players were bots. I wouldnt imagine that will be the case on live either.

We probably wont know until the patch notes,  because I doubt they would commit to confirming info beforehand.

Players
3,130 posts
10,813 battles

Can you picture 2-3 CV players ganging up on a poor DD trying to cap at tier 10? 

It...Is...Going...To...Be....Epic

Gotta be max of 2. 1 is enough but WG will want to push punters into the short lived breast of CV gameplay whilst they can so expect more.

Like they do will most things, get streams of people playing something then nerf it when it's getting played too much. 

Players
10,036 posts
11,833 battles
2 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Can you picture 2-3 CV players ganging up on a poor DD trying to cap at tier 10? 

Gotta be max of 2.

Never underestimate WG powers to make things fail spectacularly

• Cool 8

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
7 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Gotta be max of 2. 1 is enough but WG will want to push punters into the short lived breast of CV gameplay whilst they can so expect more.

Like they do will most things, get streams of people playing something then nerf it when it's getting played too much. 

better for you to try some other games for 2-3 months, cause they will hunt you, and you will cry...and forum can will not be able to take all the crying :)

Players
3,130 posts
10,813 battles

In all my years of playing this game and seeing all the changes like many of you have...I fear 2 things the most and the lasting aftermath it will leave behind:

1) This CV rework

2) Russian Battleships

I hope they have changed the CV's balance since i played it on test servers.  If not then stand by for boring gameplay and death to all. 

Russian bias killed games like WOT and WT (even more, it was comical). 

Didn't even bat an eye lid when radar location came in, smoke and all that jazz, unlike a few who thought it would be the end of the world. :cap_tea:

But If these two forces collide then i WILL be finding another game. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,167 posts
3,608 battles
7 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Russian bias killed games like WOT and WT (even more, it was comical). 

To be fair, there's no Russian bias concerning cruisers or destroyers in World of Warships, or at least that's my opinion anyway. So I don't see any special reason to expect an inordinate amount of balance tilt when Russian battleships are introduced.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
22 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

To be fair, there's no Russian bias concerning cruisers

Azuma and Alaska would like to have a word wth you...

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
1 minute ago, Spithas said:

Actually it was specified that Stalin gets the same fire duration change.

Only after everyone cried out and i also only believe it when i see it.

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
1,711 posts
13,844 battles
6 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Azuma and Alaska would like to have a word wth you...

Supposing that was even true, you can cherry pick examples all day. Everyone of course immediately points to Balansgrad.

The fact is WoWs Soviets are not soaring leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. There's no Rushin bias. 

• Boring 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,281 battles
23 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

To be fair, there's no Russian bias concerning cruisers or destroyers in World of Warships, or at least that's my opinion anyway. So I don't see any special reason to expect an inordinate amount of balance tilt when Russian battleships are introduced.

The russian cruisers got the largest range radar in the game, and when cruisers all got hit with a nerf bat and lost the extra range from AFT they released the MK with a 19km range on its guns and the ability to sit in a smoke cloud while doing it.

The Gremmy spent quite a while as the most OP ship in the game

The russian DD were the fastest, happily able to gun a BB to death without needing torps, can heal, and the khaba can shrug off most HE and bounce Yamato AP.

The Nikolai has guns with no real vertical dispersion (so they hit well), is virtually immune to HE, and they put it at tier 4.

The Okt Rev has a tiny superstructure, and the rest of the ship is covered in armour thick enough to ignore all HE than isnt BB HE. It also has a decent amount of guns, and anyone that puts out 1 fire to immediately get 2more isnt punished because of how hilariously low the CD is on the damage control.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
2,718 posts
16,664 battles

I remember WG stating that they didn't like the current CV balance (too much impact) so they wanted to bring it to more normal levels. Does this also mean that we'll be able to division with multiple CVs? Or will your rework not be succesfull and as such will this limitation still exist.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
9 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Supposing that was even true, you can cherry pick examples all day. Everyone of course immediately points to Balansgrad.

The fact is WoWs Soviets are not soaring leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. There's no Rushin bias. 

Well that is also what i believe most of my career in WoT and WoWS.

Only that renembering what Defender and now IS3A did to WoT (after I left fortunatly) and what it first looked like when Alaska and Azuma changes where announced got me.... worried.

[XTREM]
Players
1,711 posts
13,844 battles
4 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Well that is also what i believe most of my career in WoT and WoWS.

Only that renembering what Defender did to WoT (after I left fortunatly) and what it first looked like when Alaska and Azuma changes where announced got me.... worried.

I agree with you as far as WoT. The game is flooded with Soviet tanks that never existed, many of which make older tanks that were good themselves now look obsolete. 

WoT went to the shitter in this regard. Not gonna lie. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

It's not "no limit", it's a cap of 4 per team. I wonder if it will go past that at low population times after 5+ min in queue, similarly to how it happens with other classes (mainly BBs)

Also enjoy the new "limited spotting ability" by CVs :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
4,490 posts
7,604 battles
2 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

We probably wont know until the patch notes,  because I doubt they would commit to confirming info beforehand.

Probably isn't even decided yet, still a work in progress.

I would be surprised if they allow more than 2, perhaps even stick with the existing limit of one at higher tiers.