You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Acaxochitl

CV rework and premium game time

51 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4 posts
11,032 battles

My premium game time expires today and i'm wondering if i should buy more or not. Because now i am paying for a game that i enjoy, and i'm not so sure if i will when the CV rework is live.

So the question is, will we get some compensation for this? Considering that we'll be more or less Guinea pigs for the next month or so...

Players
7,109 posts
245 battles

wait untill the rework comes out then you can decide whether to leave or not.

at least then you can get a grasp as to whether you like the meta shift or not.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

If you are CV main - leave this game

If you are not CV main - nothing drastically will change for you

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
4,948 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

Yhea ......   about that .......

I have a feeling we will see a 'slight' increase in planes and CV players when the patch hits.

As in : maximum numbers every game.

Lets just say that my Arkansas beta is not going to see much play after the patch hits. (the Arkansas beta is a tier 4 battleship with no AA whatsoever)

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Hummus said:

Yhea ......   about that .......

I have a feeling we will see a 'slight' increase in planes and CV players when the patch hits.

As in : maximum numbers every game.

Lets just say that my Arkansas beta is not going to see much play after the patch hits. (the Arkansas beta is a tier 4 battleship with no AA whatsoever)

yes, as with every new line we will see "rush" for 1 month, but after that CV population will be as it is right now. Why?

it still will be hard for average WOWs player, it will give supbair dmg and influence in game

Beta Tester
4 posts
11,032 battles

I can wait untill after the rework, no problem, but i'm sure there are people who bought 6 months or even a year of premium before the CV rework going live was announced.

• Bad 1

Players
2,595 posts
12,952 battles

I won 30 days premium in a SC both in november and december. Ending in a few weeks.

Perfect timing. At least sometimes WG does smt right.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

Players
3,130 posts
10,836 battles

Why do you think WG was selling a year premium for much less. 

Nothing to do with the CV rework at all and keeping players in the game to wither the CV S***storm.

That shows worried uncertainly with a slight lack of confidence in the system rework.  Read between the lines. 

• Cool 4

Players
3,130 posts
10,836 battles
13 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

I won 30 days premium in a SC both in november and december. Ending in a few weeks.

Perfect timing. At least sometimes WG does smt right.

Ended up with 42 days premium for doing nothing but opening free creates, free missions and clans matches. 

Cant complain about that. 

[KAKE]
Players
2,577 posts
6,213 battles

If it hadn't been for the CV rework, I probably would have bought a year of premium time half off.

As it is... the chance that the CV rework is going to kill off this game for me is so high that I just don't think it's worth it. Too many of the ships I genuinely enjoy playing seem like they're just going to get :etc_swear:ed by the new CVs.

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
6,014 posts
7,705 battles
11 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

If it hadn't been for the CV rework, I probably would have bought a year of premium time half off.

As it is... the chance that the CV rework is going to kill off this game for me is so high that I just don't think it's worth it. Too many of the ships I genuinely enjoy playing seem like they're just going to get :etc_swear:ed by the new CVs.

Same here. I will try it, and probably just game as usual if I like it or if it is a 'minor inconvenience'....

But if it is the $h!tstorm that it seems to be / a lot of people say it will be, might take a time off.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,619 posts
13,904 battles

Apart from some that I won, I'm not touching the WOWS premium time with a ten-foot barge-pole (although it's a bit moot, as I had plenty of premium time when the 'matched WOWS premium' thing happened) - with standard premium, one can at least jump back into WOT if the initial phases (or all phases) of the CV rework suck the proverbial moose balls.

Spent a happy half an hour fettling the cammo on a bunch of premium tanks last night, in readiness... 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
3 hours ago, veslingr said:

If you are CV main - leave this game

How wrong can one person be?

CVs will have far more power than they do now, and surface ships AA is effectively non-existant.

People like this one are the true supporters of this rework - "I'm clueless as to what changes and how it changes, but just change it! I clueless and blindly trust you!". Time for you to wake up :fish_palm:

3 hours ago, Hummus said:

the Arkansas beta is a tier 4 battleship with no AA whatsoever

Honestly with he reworked AA it's not like that matters. Noone will have AA. Not if you can drop (multiple times mind you) a Wooster through his DefAA while there are multiple ships of his team around him. Just ask El2aZeR for an example

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

How wrong can one person be?

CVs will have far more power than they do now, and surface ships AA is effectively non-existant.

People like this one are the true supporters of this rework - "I'm clueless as to what changes and how it changes, but just change it! I clueless and blindly trust you!". Time for you to wake up :fish_palm:

Honestly with he reworked AA it's not like that matters. Noone will have AA. Not if you can drop (multiple times mind you) a Wooster through his DefAA while there are multiple ships of his team around him. Just ask El2aZeR for an example

mate, everybody knows you have no idae of this game, dont embares yourself

• Bad 2

Beta Tester
127 posts
29,549 battles

A more interesting question is:

will WG allow us to have our premium time back for this period of "testing" on live server, it is a major change to the game and they themselves say it will totally bugger up the balance etc for potentially months to come.

Im thinking something similar to when the servers go down and they credit us with an extra day to make up for the loss

its not an unreasonable ask in my opinion, or the other option is to do the sensible thing and just remove the bloody things from the game totally, its not like they are required for a good game or for the game to work.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, HMS_Britannia said:

A more interesting question is:

will WG allow us to have our premium time back for this period of "testing" on live server, it is a major change to the game and they themselves say it will totally bugger up the balance etc for potentially months to come.

they will not for sure

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
12,352 battles

I guess if the CV rework is really bad for DDs (or others) then there is always scenarios (sometimes), ranked or clan wars left.

Some of the clips I've seen (the USA rocket armed planes taking out DDs left, right and centre) it does not look good for a DD player.  Mind you even now a CV player can make the game very bad for a DD by simply spotting them until the DD is taken out by team mates.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
30 minutes ago, veslingr said:

mate, everybody knows you have no idae of this game, dont embares yourself

I'm wondering why did you write a TL;DR for what I wrote to you? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, wilkatis_LV said:

I'm wondering why did you write a TL;DR for what I wrote to you? :cap_hmm:

i know many things confuse you, you will learn

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
4 minutes ago, veslingr said:

i know many things confuse you, you will learn

@El2aZeR can you post the vid of killing Wooster through DefAA and such? I've found another one who believes that this will nerf CVs

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,925 posts
19,752 battles
Spoiler

May as well throw a DM in for good measure.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

@El2aZeR can you post the vid of killing Wooster through DefAA and such? I've found another one who believes that this will nerf CVs

i played it in test phase (got lucky with pick), i played it in test server and i know what CV can do and can not....it is massive nerf to existing CV and DMG potential of hugely hampered. hitting stationary bots shows nothing of CV gameplay

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,925 posts
19,752 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

hitting stationary bots

You do realize bots move around much more than players in the current bow/island camping meta ever will?

Aka bots actually present a much more challenging target than your average player.

As for your inability to make reworked CVs perform, congrats! You have just proven that the skill gap is worse than with current CVs.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

You do realize bots move around much more than players in the current bow/island camping meta ever will?

Aka bots actually present a much more challenging target than your average player.

As for your inability to make reworked CVs perform, congrats! You have just proven that the skill gap is worse than with current CVs.

you will see low dmg when it hits live...than we will be back to this topic

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

you will see low dmg when it hits live...than we will be back to this topic

Yes, we will see low damage from potatoes who manage to be mindbogglingly bad at this. And then everyone else will just dominate every Air vs Surface engagement

You being a potato who can't make these CVs work speaks more about your absolute lack of skill / basic game understanding rather than anything else...