You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Torped1ne

do we need roket fighters?

31 comments in this topic

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
11,995 battles

So we need them? The american ones look like too powerfull the jpn one not that relevant,their main porpouse is to hurt dd and light armoured ship but especially dd's  which are more important for win the game.

Now we need cv to be so efficent against dd? I think not so why do not remove them and make instead dive bombers more accurate and less rng depedant so that cv can counter bb's and cl/ca but hardly dd's.

I would like to know your opinions

Players
3,130 posts
10,768 battles
5 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Yes we do.

As CV main I approve.

Cheers.

I Second this.

Is this another CV moan?  Coming in thick and fast now. 

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
11,995 battles
Just now, Redcap375 said:

I Second this.

Is this another CV moan?  Coming in thick and fast now. 

No im a cv main myself ,is just think about be a dd in the new rework times ,that suck ! ,i'd like the game to be somehow balanced ,to win too easily is not fun , you still can spot dd's then if team does not kill him or let it pass trought well is missplay from the team and should be punished by losing the cv , i would still have manual control of the cv anyway just to don't make that too easy for him too

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,671 posts
13,790 battles

What are you talking about?

Tiny Tim spreads nothing but joy and happiness from the sky onto the sad ships below

It's like rainbows. 

• Funny 6

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

I only do British lines and from thst perspective, rockets are very inportant as it was a big part of the  British aerial ewuipment and strategy.

FAA even put rockets on Swordfish

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,768 battles
24 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

No im a cv main myself ,is just think about be a dd in the new rework times ,that suck ! ,i'd like the game to be somehow balanced ,to win too easily is not fun , you still can spot dd's then if team does not kill him or let it pass trought well is missplay from the team and should be punished by losing the cv , i would still have manual control of the cv anyway just to don't make that too easy for him too

Don't know what you want us to say mate?

I have always thought about all lines in this game as i play them all too.  However, WG has not listened to a word any CV player has said....Period, never. 

A combination of CV haters, bluffers and WG own agenda (console ready) rework has created this abomination of CV gameplay.

There is so much that needs to be done to this rework you could get a PHD in getting your S*** sorted.

But regarding rockets and DD's then no.  Rockets are required to area blast and DD's are one of those kinda targets.  Trying to dive bomb a DD would be very hard for the majority of players and increase skill gap.

Anyway rockets isnt the issue.  It's the planes hovering over the DD the whole game that should be more concering.

On the old system, if you missed with Bombers/Torps then bad luck. Got back and try again (or hover with unloaded planes). 

In the rework you just pummel him until hes dead. :cap_haloween:

Anyway, any ship is gonna suck in the rework.  Like all those people that brought the Mashu with coal, poor sods. 

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
6,535 battles

Rockets should be removed in my eyes. It is such a brain dead mechanic that you will always damage the DD. Those few k's of damage might not be much for the old skool unicum carrier player, but is still alot of damage for DDs (especially the frequency it will happen on).
To make it even easier for carrier players they added RPF on planes. 

Wish they kept it just with DBs and TBs. =/

[JRM]
Players
6,537 posts
24,701 battles

Rocket FIGHTERS? Oh by all means, but what armament to choose? Say phoenix missiles for us? I mean they have what, something like 180km range? Ergo the new cv patrolling fighters can launch across the map and hey presto cv aa role restored...

• Funny 1

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
11,995 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Rocket FIGHTERS? Oh by all means, but what armament to choose? Say phoenix missiles for us? I mean they have what, something like 180km range? Ergo the new cv patrolling fighters can launch across the map and hey presto cv aa role restored...

Forgive my little mistake i just hope to had not gave an hint for russian cv's

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,242 battles

simple fact is DDs cannot be immune to CVs and without rocket they would be. unless the dd was so bad he couldnt dodge torps coming from 1 side. we need a way to deal with good DD players and rockets are that way.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,937 battles
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

I only do British lines and from thst perspective, rockets are very inportant as it was a big part of the  British aerial ewuipment and strategy.

FAA even put rockets on Swordfish

You only do RN lines? That certainly explains a lot about some of your posting. You should definitely try all lines, because as good as the RN ships are (and I'm a RN 'fan'), there's fun to be had with everything else, too. You'll also gain a better understanding of the game.

Onto the topic at hand, I agree with the OP regardless of the historical significance of rocket armed aircraft in naval battles. Rockets, from what I've seen, are just too damn easy to use and will make DD play (which is a hugely important for the team) too difficult.

Why not split the difference and have the third plane class as 'fighters' with machine gun and cannon strafing, doing much less overall damage to all ships (but still external module damage) depending on the gun size and armour pen capability of the bullets. The 'fighter' class could also have had a reworked role against enemy planes, somehow. Maybe it could be a form of strafing of enemy formations with limited activations (like how bombs and torps work with splitting the squadron).

Beta Tester
158 posts
8,409 battles
52 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

simple fact is DDs cannot be immune to CVs and without rocket they would be. unless the dd was so bad he couldnt dodge torps coming from 1 side. we need a way to deal with good DD players and rockets are that way.

Not 100%. A skilled CV can hit a DD with divebombers. He is with the rework much more skill dependend than rng. IJN Cvs arent that much of a threat because of their AP bombs, but US ones are.

But instead of every nation getting rockets, I wished they had choosen other weapons. For example some small bombs dropped in level flight (so just rockets with more damage but shorter "range") or anti-tank weapons (Ju-87 Stuka with 37mm cannons). I know, not realistic but come on, who cares? Would give every nation a unique flavour.

Players
10,017 posts
11,798 battles

I'd remove unguided rockets from IJN planes and replace them with bombs, AFAIK nippons did not used them. Also would help with "national flavor" and whatnot

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles

Rockets or not, we need player controlled fighters. Just imagine that suffering when planes will be constantly lurking around, multistriking and there will be nothing to stop them. How could this pass through?

• Cool 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,394 posts
7,276 battles

The rockets are an interesting one - I think the lower level IJN rocket planes are actually just about right.

You dont get very many per plane (e.g. at tier 4 the attack run is 2x2 rockets). They're not hugely damaging. Their accuracy is actually pin point, which means if you dont aim exactly right they all splash into the water instead.

The problems arise at the higher tiers, particularly with the US. The Midway has HVAR's which launch a wave of 36 rockets (nerfed down from earlier PTS where it had 48!), each with 2k alpha, each with 33mm pen. It doesnt need to be accurate, it just saturates the area. The pen means it always pens any DD it hits apart from a small section of the khaba.

Similarly its other option is Tiny Tims, which "only" launch 9 rockets, but each one has 5400 alpha with 68mm pen. These also make short work of DD.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,169 posts
13,714 battles

We need more rockets. Ships with rockets. Submarines with rockets. Rockets with rockets! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[BANCV]
Players
887 posts
12,777 battles
24 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

We need more rockets. Ships with rockets. Submarines with rockets. Rockets with rockets! :Smile_izmena:

Red Rockets!

• Funny 2

[SERBS]
Players
465 posts
14,058 battles

yessss, great idea , i think japan carriers should get kamikaze consumable so that fighters would slam into big enemy ships and do allot of damage 50-90% + flooding + 5 fires. that would be AWESOME and improve balance.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
5 hours ago, Torped1ne said:

So we need them? The american ones look like too powerfull the jpn one not that relevant,their main porpouse is to hurt dd and light armoured ship but especially dd's  which are more important for win the game.

Now we need cv to be so efficent against dd? I think not so why do not remove them and make instead dive bombers more accurate and less rng depedant so that cv can counter bb's and cl/ca but hardly dd's.

I would like to know your opinions

We do not need roket fighters, but we need roket bombers....CV must rule, it was most powerful ship in ww2. and tears of crying noobs about cv are so delicious. so more cry=more fun....so yeah..bring buthurt to the rest of ships...especially BBs and DDs.

and my true opinion is that your place is in WOT and not in this game...there you can whine about arty

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
11,995 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

We do not need roket fighters, but we need roket bombers....CV must rule, it was most powerful ship in ww2. and tears of crying noobs about cv are so delicious. so more cry=more fun....so yeah..bring buthurt to the rest of ships...especially BBs and DDs.

and my true opinion is that your place is in WOT and not in this game...there you can whine about arty

To read a discussion before answering let you avoid to give so silly answers that only put shame on you

Players
1,245 posts
9,379 battles

I think they're essential in that they give the CV player a new thing to do. Really the core issue with the CV rework is how repetitive the gameplay is. Having three attack plane types helps that, at least a little bit.

[LADA]
Players
562 posts
8,733 battles
7 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Meanwhile... on planet Earth.

A DD is dealt with quite capably by being spotted for all the team to see by those flying eyes in the sky, that is if the plentiful amount of radar knocking around doesn't do it first. That is enough of a hard counter without some imbecile brainlessly rolling his/her face across the keyboard and just rocketing anything that takes his/her fancy. I use that phrasing intentionally. The new rework CVs really are simple enough that you could train household pets to play them and still get decent damage numbers. 

Stick a competent player in a rework CV and they can quite capably lock down a DD entirely. Far more so than an RTS CV can at the moment - due to greater time/persistence over a target, more accurate and multiple attack runs, weak AA and lack of counters to the CV itself.  

So in answer to the OP question. No - the game really doesn't need rocket planes as they are currently being implemented. I suspect they will be dialled down considerably unless WG wants the DD population to go the way of the RTS CV. I think most of the rework CVs will need dialling down; it is just a matter of how and when WG actually do something about it.