Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

[cv rework] planes can find DDs with RPF now ?

151 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3,318 posts
14,508 battles

Apparently the new CVs will be able to use RPF on the planes, as seen for example in Faras new video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm13J5aLFCs

So not only are the new planes twice as fast now, they can also locate the nearest DD with RPF ?

How are non-AA DDs going to deal with this ?

Smoke up and hope the CV doesn't come back when it runs out ? Considering the airspeed and the RPF on the planes, it sounds quite attractive to quickly come back for that DD.

Maybe someone can explain to me why these crazy fast planes should have RPF in the first place.

Players
2,831 posts
19,471 battles
8 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Maybe someone can explain to me why these crazy fast planes should have RPF in the first place.

beacuse the people making the mechanics have less F****** clue how the game works than the average player......and how much that is we see by the "need" for automatic consumeables on Cv's

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

Players
4,483 posts
7,604 battles

Doubt RPF makes that big a difference on CV really, there are better 4 point skills and frankly the planes are fast enough you don't need to bother with it anyway.

20 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

How are non-AA DDs going to deal with this ?

Smoke up and hope the CV doesn't come back when it runs out ? Considering the airspeed and the RPF on the planes, it sounds quite attractive to quickly come back for that DD.

Same way as the full AA spec ones, i.e. not at all.  Smoke up, hide, the CV'll strike something else then be back for you in 90 seconds with another complete wave of attack planes and it isn't too hard to do 5k damage per attack run.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Players
611 posts
12,011 battles

It's there to grossly inflate the skillcap between potatos and unicums.

• Funny 1

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
12,027 battles

look also at his total damage and think about he's still learning how to use it  ,  cv will be way more powerfull , dd will be way more harrassed by them  and the level of rage in chat will reach the stars also by the speed of the planes and the concealment of jpn tb noone can feel safe sitting back behind islands or  still bow on with bb's

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Honestly with that speed do you even need RPF? Yeah, late game to find those last couple hiding ships - but for hunting DDs? You know the general area where they'll be, you go and just straight up :etc_swear: them anyway

And after your 1st squad's depleted... Not like those DDs will get far away from that last known place in the time it takes your planes to perform a hyperspace jump back there

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
4,483 posts
7,604 battles
24 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

look also at his total damage and think about he's still learning how to use it  ,  cv will be way more powerfull , dd will be way more harrassed by them  and the level of rage in chat will reach the stars also by the speed of the planes and the concealment of jpn tb noone can feel safe sitting back behind islands or  still bow on with bb's

My average in Midway was a bit over 150k, but once I'd got the hang of the handling it was more like 200k.

And I'm a potato.

• Funny 1

Players
853 posts
907 battles

It appears the potatoes will be running RPF just to be more OP than the OPs.

SNAFU & FUBAR

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Concidering the speed of the squad in the start to spot DD's as is, me thinks wg need to change theyr vodka supplier. :Smile_smile:

I supose in a pro division it can be a usefull setup, but for the average joe its a waste of points, for the potatoes, well, it will be used to point them to the DD they could just as well spot by logic and minimap, but yeahh... :Smile_bajan2:

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,664 battles

It's a massive misuse of 4 skill points comparable to a Des Moines using IFHE but yes, planes could use RDF to find destroyers.  In the one in one hundred games where it would actually be useful. Honestly, you fly at 300 knots. Just find them the hard way, it's not like destroyers can ambush you like surface ships can.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,281 posts
10,664 battles
9 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

My average in Midway was a bit over 150k, but once I'd got the hang of the handling it was more like 200k.

And I'm a potato.

Total damage isn't saying that much. DDs have generally a less average damage than a bb. That doesn't mean, that dds are weak or bbs op. Same for cruisers vs bbs. Some ship types will always have the highest average damage.

Beside that the total damage will be lower on live version anyways because of aa buff, player skill and not bots, no stock ships, captain skills, modules.

[GURKA]
Players
5,281 posts
10,664 battles
2 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

It's a massive misuse of 4 skill points comparable to a Des Moines using IFHE but yes, planes could use RDF to find destroyers.  In the one in one hundred games where it would actually be useful. Honestly, you fly at 300 knots. Just find them the hard way, it's not like destroyers can ambush you like surface ships can.

300 knots? Guess that is not the actual speed.

Players
4,483 posts
7,604 battles
5 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Total damage isn't saying that much. DDs have generally a less average damage than a bb.

I spent most of my time going after DD with rockets.

[GURKA]
Players
5,281 posts
10,664 battles
2 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

I spent most of my time going after DD with rockets.

Sounds like a legit strategy, especially with the US CVs

Beta Tester
3,318 posts
14,508 battles
36 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Honestly, you fly at 300 knots. Just find them the hard way, it's not like destroyers can ambush you like surface ships can.

With AA support around, you don't want to be loitering over the cap for too long. 

RPF allows you to speed in at 300 knots - straight at the DD - and launch your attack immediately. 

My impression of the rework is, that you have to start your attack before you actually spot the DD. So you either have to spot him first and then come back, or you just gotta have RPF. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,905 posts
19,732 battles

Here is how DDs deal with reworked CVs:

Spoiler

Tl;dr: They don't. Enjoy being free farm for CVs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Hide contents

JUICY REWORK! Yo mon just made me to luv it. XD  hahahaha

• Funny 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,281 posts
10,664 battles
18 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

RPF allows you to speed in at 300 knots - straight at the DD - and launch your attack immediately. 

Would like to see the 300 knot planes :-|

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,905 posts
19,732 battles
3 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Would like to see the 300 knot planes :-|

Aren't the IJN rocket planes still almost 300kn with full speed build?

Barely played IJN CVs on PTS so I don't really remember.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

How fast are the TX going with speedboost? 

A tad too fast. 

[GURKA]
Players
5,281 posts
10,664 battles
14 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Aren't the IJN rocket planes still almost 300kn with full speed build?

14 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

How fast are the TX going with speedboost? 

something around 220-240

ps.: from when is that video? Didn't know that the attack planes of US are 260 knots fast

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,318 posts
14,508 battles
17 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Hide contents

If it will actually be an easy turkey shoot like that on release, this whale is going to head for some other waters sooner or later. And I will not be the only one @Ev1n. Not going to spend my time as a punching bag. 

• Cool 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,905 posts
19,732 battles
2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

something around 220-240

Ah, yeah, nevermind. Just checked the table Darth provided. Completely forgot that in high tiers IJN planes are actually slower than USN ones.

So the max speed a plane currently can have is 261kn without AR (AR makes planes go faster with HP loss, but that usually does you more harm than good).

Sign in to follow this