British_Imperialist

Tosa-class Battleship Kaga

5 comments in this topic

[SCRG]
Players
202 posts
2,546 battles

Model_of_battleship_Kaga_port_view_-_cle

Tier 7 Premium Japanese Battleship Kaga. If a player owns the Aircraft Carrier version of Kaga, they should be able to switch between the two at will. However, if you only buy Kaga as a Battleship, you cannot equip the hull module to make her an Aircraft Carrier.

Stats:

HP - 48 000

Top Speed - 26.5kt

Rudder shift - 14s

Sigma: 1.9

HE Shell: 41cm HE Type0 

AP Shell: 41cm AP/APC Type91

Initial Shell velocity: 795m/s

Firing Range: 19.5km

HE Fire Chance: 26%

Torpedo Protection: 20%

Armament:

5 × twin 41 cm guns

20 × single 14 cm guns

4 × single 76 mm AA guns

8 × 61 cm (24 in) torpedo tubes

Armor:

Waterline belt: 280 mm (11.0 in)

Deck: 102 mm (4.0 in)

Barbettes: 305–229 mm (12.0–9.0 in)

Conning tower: 356 mm (14.0 in)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Why? Tosa would be a case of "worst of 2 worlds"

Ashitakas turning ability and turrets with Nagatos armour and speed.

That's gaining 30...50mm thicker main belt and 2 more barrels for losing 4...5 kts speed and 100m turning radius

Nagato class is great, Amagi class is great, Tosa sounds like that awkward middlepoint where you sort of get something from both but end up without any advantages.

Would I like to see a Tosa (WG wouldn't put another Kaga in, at least not in tiers where it can meet the other Kaga)? Sure. But she doesn't sound like the most exciting ship.

• Cool 1

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
9 hours ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

Stats:

HP - 48 000

That's terrible for T6 even. That'd be basically T5 hp. Kaga as a CV sits at 51k even and the CV conversion resulted in lighter ships than planned originally. Ashitaka sits at 59k, Nagato at 65k at T7.

I'd like to see a Tosa ingame, but I don't know if it really would be T7. The Ashitaka already shows how much it costs to get 10 41 cm guns into that tier and even if Tosa was slower, it shouldn't just be flat out better than Ashitaka or Nagato by getting added perks. Maybe at T8 it works better. It'd be slower than Amagi, so you can make it a bit stronger in other niches.

• Cool 1

Players
234 posts
1,188 battles

Except that Kaga is going to be tiered up to 8 from what I heard.

Which means it would have to compete with both the Amagi and the Kii for uniqueness.

[NKK2]
Players
1,118 posts
4,610 battles

Modernized Tosa is a perfect tier 8 slow BB, whereas the Amagi would go to the fast BB/BC tree A 28kts upgraded speed, Amagi TDS and maybe 7km base range for secondary guns; if you go for shipbuckey layout, it would still have less AA and the speed of the BC, so it creates a perfect link between Nagato and Izumo.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this