You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Seargent_Nigel

Concealment - this cant be right???

31 comments in this topic

Players
132 posts
13,588 battles

In the last few days I have noticed that my Des Moines with a concealment of 62 is being spotted really easily by all types of ships with a poorer concealment than myself eg - just been in a game where I am sailing in plain water nothing showing then all of a sudden Amagi with a concealment of 30 pops up and blows me away? - on this occasion how come I couldn't see him first? - this is becoming a more regular occurrence especially with Battleships.

Beta Tester
4,835 posts
20,226 battles

Please ignore those 1 to 100 ratings when comparing ships' abilities... they are utter ox feces.

Ship data with the proper visibility values in km and the descriptions of all items/skills that can influence them can be found here

• Cool 4

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
948 posts

Or u get DD spotted. And an Amagi with cammo, CE and Concealsystem 1 has more than 30 concealment points.

And funny enough, my DM has 63 points. :cap_cool:

But most likely u got spotted by enemy DDs or planes.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,820 posts
8,982 battles

The number doesnt say anything - only real concealment in km is what counts.

You should be using Concealment Module in 4th slot and Concealment Expert captain skill (4 pts). That will bring your concealment down to 10,6km with the DM.

Amagi can not have a better concealment than ~13km (think its 12,9). So if both of you are running full concealment build, you will ALWAYS outspot the amagi if you are in open water. If there is an island blocking your vision, then he can ofc be undetected and pop right into your face. If that happens, you want better map awareness.exe :cat_cool:

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

the simple fact that you're driving a Des Moines and still refer to those "concealment scores" shown in port tells me that you really really REALLY need to educate yourself about how Concealment (and probably a lot of other mechanics in this game) work... WG's own How It Works series on Youtube is a good place to start, give that a watch and then feel free to throw any questions you might have our way.

• Cool 14
  • Funny 1

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,387 posts
9,857 battles

You probably got spotted by a stealth DDt3614.gif

Players
132 posts
13,588 battles

I hear what you 'all' are saying - but this being 'noticed' if you want to call it that has only really come on in the last few days, before that I had no problem with my concealment in the game?

While I may not be a total 100% brain box on the whole mechanics of WG I know when something has changed - and something has definitely changed.

Just for information - I am using concealment Module in 4th slot and Concealment Expert

Players
6,433 posts
10,728 battles
4 minutes ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

While I may not be a total 100% brain box on the whole mechanics of WG I know when something has changed - and something has definitely changed.

Nothing has changed... Please educate yourself about concealment and how it works. I also now begin to wonder, if you are ever using your mainbattery guns...

[OGHF]
Players
1,133 posts
20,257 battles

Hate to say it, but you will always spot an Amagi before he spots you. 

Unless, you have been firing in the last 20 seconds or you are being spotted by a plane or a DD, not being funny but if your driving a DM you should surley know how the spotting mechanics work?????

Players
132 posts
13,588 battles
3 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Hate to say it, but you will always spot an Amagi before he spots you. 

Unless, you have been firing in the last 20 seconds or you are being spotted by a plane or a DD, not being funny but if your driving a DM you should surley know how the spotting mechanics work?????

I do - and that's the problem - cant understand why anything could have changed? - and judging by the answers nothing has?? - guess I'll put it down as a mystery

Thanks for suggestion though.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
18 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

concealment of 62

Stop looking at those ratings, they are about as shaving foam to a Wookiee.

The extent of their usefulness goes to "another player in the exact same ship - you MAY (still not guaranteed) be able to check if your builds are similar".

Nothing more than that

Amagi with a concealment of 30 pops up and blows me away?

Clearly unlike you Amagis player was smart enough to run concealment in 5th slot and on his captain. Presumably he also used camo, which sounds like you could have skipped.

17 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

something has definitely changed.

You went from "absolutely clueless" to "still pretty damn clueless". Improvement, at least. The thing that changed was you finally noticing something you paid no attention to previously

Just for information - I am using concealment Module in 4th slot and Concealment Expert

This means that the Amagi didn't outspot you. Someone stealthier was spotting you, Amagi fired from past his detection range. This is why adding that Amagis range from you would have been rather useful

I do - and that's the problem - cant understand why anything could have changed?

No you don't, and NOTHING changed :fish_palm:

Everyone has last 30 replays saved by default now. Post yours, we'll tell you *Edited

Players
132 posts
13,588 battles

As a final note from me - some of the answers given were quite instructive thank you to those, while others were made by egotistical know all's who quite frankly spoil a topic by trying to make the poster seem diminutive.

To those I'll say - 'I would try to alter your attitude in life as you clearly don have a pleasant and successful existence and all you can achieve in anyway is being a supposed 'clever know all'  - and you know what people think of those! - or perhaps you don't.

Good evening.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
47 minutes ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

As a final note from me - some of the answers given were quite instructive thank you to those, while others were made by egotistical know all's who quite frankly spoil a topic by trying to make the poster seem diminutive.

To those I'll say - 'I would try to alter your attitude in life as you clearly don have a pleasant and successful existence and all you can achieve in anyway is being a supposed 'clever know all'  - and you know what people think of those! - or perhaps you don't.

Good evening.

So then... no replay?

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,498 battles

*Edited

16 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

Good evening.

*Edited

*Edited

• Cool 1

Players
2,594 posts
12,952 battles
15 hours ago, Juanx said:

In WoWs, this can be translated as: dont post anything too dumb if you cant take the truth of your ignorance... 

*Edited

• Boring 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

What else I am about to see on these forums...

Player 1: Hey whats ur conc?

Player 2: Score 63, yours?

Wtf this is wrong on so many levels XD

• Funny 5

Players
6,433 posts
10,728 battles
1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

What else I am about to see on these forums...

Player 1: Hey whats ur conc?

Player 2: Score 63, yours?

Wtf this is wrong on so many levels XD 

Ive seen a guy in an Alabama literally complaining, that there is nothing he can do against a Shimakaze. Because Shimakaze has 99 Torpedos. - no joke -

• Funny 7

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

Ive seen a guy in an Alabama literally complaining, that there is nothing he can do against a Shimakaze. Because Shimakaze has 99 Torpedos. - no joke -

:cap_wander::cap_fainting:

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles
6 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

I hear what you 'all' are saying - but this being 'noticed' if you want to call it that has only really come on in the last few days, before that I had no problem with my concealment in the game?

6 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

I do - and that's the problem - cant understand why anything could have changed? - and judging by the answers nothing has?? - guess I'll put it down as a mystery

Thanks for suggestion though.

4 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

Good evening.

So i think YOU should alter your attitude!

You came to forum because you wanted an answer to a problem you had.

And the you refuse the answers and say: "...something has definitely changed...." when in fact nothing has changed!

Why you come to forum when you don't accept an answer and stay at your point?

And at the end you even insult the others who answered, sorry next time i hope nobody answer any of your questions!

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,894 posts
10,520 battles
9 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

In the last few days I have noticed that my Des Moines with a concealment of 62

All of the responders up there!

All of you! You should have stopped reading after this..

That was your mistake!

• Cool 1

[FLYD]
Players
1,415 posts
13,220 battles

Good Good...

Still doesn't mean that the Amagi that blapped you gave a daman about your Concealment Score because he surely wasn't the point of Reference for the Comparasion.

What you describe was a Situation where you have been in a position where a second ship with a much higher concealment score could spot you and than relayed that information to Amagi that then chose to simply blapp you. 

You should start to expect that you do not play one versus one battles in this game. 

Players
63 posts
12,470 battles

You are right something changed, but not game. Now DDs are not going for the cap anymore bcs who caps gets usually killed with so many radar ships, now they are going arround map border and spotting those USN radar island camping DD killing cruisers. Gameplay changed not the game mechanics.

Thats my recent observation.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,350 posts
20,568 battles

First time i got NC , i was so happy about my 100 aa rating only to get dev strike by a Taiho :cap_book:

• Funny 7

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,138 battles

@Seargent_Nigel other explanation is that you do not have smoke rings option turned on. In some cases smoke is not displayed but it happens randomly and can be only at one angle, or for couple of seconds. So Amagi could sit in smoke and you noted him when he shoot. When you have rings visible you will always know if smoke was deployed, even if smoke will be not visible.

If it was bug replay would be very helpfull, if something strange occured, replay would be very helpful, if you need exact answers replay is neccesary, we can only guess.