What to do with my doubloons?

25 comments in this topic

Question

[W-C]
Players
421 posts
1,775 battles

So...

As a F2P player, doubloons are a rare resource for me. Over time (after spending some on various things, including discounted captain respecs), thanks to various container drops etc. I have a balance of just over 3,000.

I have a number of lines (mostly US) that I am currently grinding, and my eyes are on many more! My two main issues (as others no doubt have) is credit generation (I am returning pitifully small profits at t8 when running prem consumables, so there is an element of git gud!) and captain retraining. FXP is a pitifully slow grind - It took me over a year to get enough for the Nelson, and I'm now back at just over 50k. I don't use it on anything!

The question: Considering my two 'economy issues' (aside from my poor quality gameplay), what is the optimal use of my 3k doubloons?

If you want more blurb and context... the current background to my lines are:

Spoiler

USN: I have currently got up to Baltimore (researched Buffalo but not enough credits yet) and North Carolina. I have Alexander Ovechkin in reserve who I want to use on the DD line when I get round to grinding it (also have a free ghoul perma cammo for Benson in my inventory). I've also got Cleveland from the line split but at the moment am not intending on grinding that line (keeping it for Cherry Blossom tho - I have a perma cammo). I bought the Charleston for coal as soon as it came out because any prem I can get to help with captain retraining is a plus. This is the only prem I have for this line and [the lack of a high tier one] is a bugbear. My two most senior captains are here too - 14pt BB captain and 15pt CA captain meaning I am still a long way from being able to generate my own elite captain xp. Salem seems too far away for me to plan on getting for coal, although it would be nice to have!

KM: I have got as far as Gaede on DD's (this was my first DD line I started to grind) and will hopefully resume the grind at some point. Started then paused BB's with a mid-term view to getting to Gneis for some secondary lulz (having just got a 10pt captain from azur lane this grind might be soon!). Also interested in trying out their cruiser line. It would be nice to have a prem for this line, but I'm not planning on grinding to the high tiers so it's not critical.

IJN: I recently got Musashi for coal for credit grinding and as a captain trainer - I want to grind all their lines (DD's just the torp line planned for now). This will probably be the next cruiser line I grind after the USN CA's. I also got the Tachi Lima from a free code promo so that will help a bit with captain retraining but mostly for lulz. Might also get the Yubari for coal just to help max out commanders - and then will one day get the Shinonome when I complete the Honourable Service campaign. So, plenty of Prems already sorted on that line.

RN: I bought Nelson from FXP for Credits and captain retraining (I still need to figure out how to play it well!), but don't have any plans for grinding the BB line. Have got the Lightning (only need to grind to it from the Jervis) and nearly unlocked Leander - I do want to grind out the CL line, but not sure if I will get Jutland/Daring yet.

RU: I got the Leningrad from a SC... and I cant play it! I have started the DD line (probably going kaba route but only at Izyaslav) and am also interested in the cruiser line. No idea what to do about the pending BB line but I've got enough on my plate!

FR: I want to try their cruiser line, and am mildly interested in their BB line. If i need a prem I could probably get Aigle for coal but for non-dd captains it's probably not an ideal captain trainer/re-trainer.

PA: Yes, i want to try this DD line but it's low on the list at the moment.

Sorry if this is too ambiguous a question (at lot of it comes down to personal preference I suppose) but any suggestions would be appreciated.

24 answers to this question

Beta Tester
881 posts
7,062 battles

Hey Rusty, I strongly support @ColonelPete and @Commander_Cornflakes proposal. Imo the best You can do.

3000 gold is nice but not nice enough to acquire some real good premium ships, so You better spare it.

If it were my gold, I would use it exclusively on module removing and captain retraining (which is quite expensive with 500 each time).

Comments on Your shiplines:

US - seems ok so far for me. I cannot recommend Salem if You intend to get it for income reasons. Its a premium but the income is not much better than my Kutuzov with all flags - really. 

KM - Seems You got that Hipper-AzurLane-Lady. I definitely would try to push her to 14pts if You intend to go for a secondary build. So maybe put her on something that will push her forward

IJN - honestly I cant comply with Musashi as a trainer for IJN cruisers ... really. The necessary skills are worlds apart. If Musashi is Your trainer, I would rather see You going the BB line. Thats a fit. Yubari is more fitting as cruisertrainer.

RN - same as Japan: optimal skills for RN BB are worlds apart from the best skilling for cruisers/DD. Your Nelson will bring You credits and free xp, but is a poor captain trainer for RN Cruisers.

RU - I know Your problem :Smile_smile: I gifted a Lenin to my daughter and she cant handle it, too. You can play the Lenin as a fast cruiser with good torps and smoke. Go for the cruiser line, the russ DDs are horrible to play at lower tiers

FR - is pretty fine in cruisers and BB. BB become a bit ... special at higher tiers. I like the cruisers very much. Got the Henri at last a few days ago and its just amazing

PA - very special ... not more to say about that ... special but fun

Hope You dont mind my comments, just a personal point of view.

Good luck mate :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
61 posts
3,826 battles

Yep, premium time is wholeheartedly best option. Just try to buy premium for those days you are sure you have time to play a alot and / or that have some +100XP / +200XP first victory bonus. Then stack economic flags on Musashi (your best ship for credits, Nelson doesn´t come close) and grind XP, captain XP, free XP and those precious credits.

I myself as a free to play-player am struggling mostly with credits (as you too) so I recommend to play high tier premiums with premium time with economic flags to reap the best economic benefits. Some may argue that grinding normal lines is better with premium but I have never found XP a problem (except playing Ibuki 2-3years ago holy hell) but credits are always a problem as you need to pay with them everything, every module, every consumable, almost every ship, repair costs from every battle.

I had myself accumulated 5000 doubloons just a while ago and spent it on Zao permacamo. Perhaps not the wisest choice but at least I got a tier10 premium now to play. My chances to play the game are sporadic at best so buying premium time is mostly a waste. That´s is why I prefer premium camo and premium ships for myself. You may have more time to play than I do and then spending doubloons for premium time is the best choice by far.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,661 posts
10,873 battles
  • Port Slots, when needed
  • Removing Upgrades from ships that you sell
  • Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,435 posts
11,419 battles

If you want more credits and XP (which will result in more free XP), premium time sounds like the best investment as you get 50% more of both. (65% more XP with Warships only premium)

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
421 posts
1,775 battles

Thanks for the replies all.

@TohtoriP I tend to play sporadically too, so I may just keep hoarding and fingers crossed for a discount on TX prem cammo's (has there ever been one?) when I get to DM and/or Monty!!!! If i am able to play a lot on a given day, I might just get a day of prem time - it's amazing how much difference +50% can have on credits... as you've noted, XP isn't really an issue (although FXP is!) - especially when I need time to learn the ship too!

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
61 posts
3,826 battles
1 hour ago, Rusty_9 said:

Thanks for the replies all.

@TohtoriP I tend to play sporadically too, so I may just keep hoarding and fingers crossed for a discount on TX prem cammo's (has there ever been one?) when I get to DM and/or Monty!!!! If i am able to play a lot on a given day, I might just get a day of prem time - it's amazing how much difference +50% can have on credits... as you've noted, XP isn't really an issue (although FXP is!) - especially when I need time to learn the ship too!

I have never seen a tier 10 premium camo discount. Only premium camo discounts occasionally up to tier 9 and that premium camo is not at all as profitable as tier 10 premium camo. Also if you wait and grind for DM to get a premium camo on it you might just as well get the Salem for coal as it comes with the premium camo installed.

When thinking about premium time advantage, +50% credits gross income is a lot more in net income than standard account after you calculate the ship maintenance cost and ammo cost that needs to paid after each battle. When grinding / hoarding credits nobody cares about gross income but net income. Net income with premium time is a lot more than just "+50% credits" would suggest. :Smile_coin:

[W-C]
Players
421 posts
1,775 battles
18 minutes ago, TohtoriP said:

When thinking about premium time advantage, +50% credits gross income is a lot more in net income than standard account after you calculate the ship maintenance cost and ammo cost that needs to paid after each battle. When grinding / hoarding credits nobody cares about gross income but net income. Net income with premium time is a lot more than just "+50% credits" would suggest. :Smile_coin:

Basically, assuming I'm not losing money when not on a prem account, all of that +50% Gross 'profit' translates to Net 'profit' - so could be a massive % difference for an average game!

This was a decent game in my Musashi yesterday whilst running prem account from the daily shipments... now if only I had more than just the standard cammo and the +20% credits flag!

image.png.5cf3156165b90561f182ed90146209f3.png

image.png.c774b9fe70a1db0f760a428890ab7149.png

[SM0KE]
Players
2,068 posts
5,838 battles
5 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

what is the optimal use of my 3k doubloons?

Assuming it's still on, get as many port slots under the current cheapness as you think you'll need for maybe the next year (75 doubloons is as cheap as I've seen them - 'offer' price is normally 150).

Other than that, premium time is perhaps the most useful thing you can get for doubloons, as the benefits apply to all ships, rather than just one (as permacammo etc. would). Unless there is a heroic cheapness on large lumps of premium time, only get premium time when you can play for the majority of the time that it's active for (don't get a weekend's worth, if you can only play for a couple of hours on Saturday, for example); that said, the smaller the length of time the premium is active for, the less good value the price is (generally).

I'd also suggest keeping a couple of hundred in reserve for de-mounting equipment etc.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,068 posts
5,838 battles
2 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

I may just keep hoarding and fingers crossed for a discount on TX prem cammo's (has there ever been one?)

I haven't seen a cheapness on T10 permacammo, but freebies occasionally crop up - there were a couple available via the recent(ish) Sharks/Eagles event, for example - I think I have a Worcester cammo lurking in my inventory, should I ever get that line to T10, for example.

Keep an eye out for that sort of thing - I'd be surprised if WG don't revisit the general mechanic at some point.

• Cool 1

Players
262 posts
12 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

So...

As a F2P player, doubloons are a rare resource for me. Over time (after spending some on various things, including discounted captain respecs), thanks to various container drops etc. I have a balance of just over 3,000.

I have a number of lines (mostly US) that I am currently grinding, and my eyes are on many more! My two main issues (as others no doubt have) is credit generation (I am returning pitifully small profits at t8 when running prem consumables, so there is an element of git gud!) and captain retraining. FXP is a pitifully slow grind - It took me over a year to get enough for the Nelson, and I'm now back at just over 50k. I don't use it on anything!

The question: Considering my two 'economy issues' (aside from my poor quality gameplay), what is the optimal use of my 3k doubloons?

If you want more blurb and context... the current background to my lines are:

Reveal hidden contents

USN: I have currently got up to Baltimore (researched Buffalo but not enough credits yet) and North Carolina. I have Alexander Ovechkin in reserve who I want to use on the DD line when I get round to grinding it (also have a free ghoul perma cammo for Benson in my inventory). I've also got Cleveland from the line split but at the moment am not intending on grinding that line (keeping it for Cherry Blossom tho - I have a perma cammo). I bought the Charleston for coal as soon as it came out because any prem I can get to help with captain retraining is a plus. This is the only prem I have for this line and [the lack of a high tier one] is a bugbear. My two most senior captains are here too - 14pt BB captain and 15pt CA captain meaning I am still a long way from being able to generate my own elite captain xp. Salem seems too far away for me to plan on getting for coal, although it would be nice to have!

KM: I have got as far as Gaede on DD's (this was my first DD line I started to grind) and will hopefully resume the grind at some point. Started then paused BB's with a mid-term view to getting to Gneis for some secondary lulz (having just got a 10pt captain from azur lane this grind might be soon!). Also interested in trying out their cruiser line. It would be nice to have a prem for this line, but I'm not planning on grinding to the high tiers so it's not critical.

IJN: I recently got Musashi for coal for credit grinding and as a captain trainer - I want to grind all their lines (DD's just the torp line planned for now). This will probably be the next cruiser line I grind after the USN CA's. I also got the Tachi Lima from a free code promo so that will help a bit with captain retraining but mostly for lulz. Might also get the Yubari for coal just to help max out commanders - and then will one day get the Shinonome when I complete the Honourable Service campaign. So, plenty of Prems already sorted on that line.

RN: I bought Nelson from FXP for Credits and captain retraining (I still need to figure out how to play it well!), but don't have any plans for grinding the BB line. Have got the Lightning (only need to grind to it from the Jervis) and nearly unlocked Leander - I do want to grind out the CL line, but not sure if I will get Jutland/Daring yet.

RU: I got the Leningrad from a SC... and I cant play it! I have started the DD line (probably going kaba route but only at Izyaslav) and am also interested in the cruiser line. No idea what to do about the pending BB line but I've got enough on my plate!

FR: I want to try their cruiser line, and am mildly interested in their BB line. If i need a prem I could probably get Aigle for coal but for non-dd captains it's probably not an ideal captain trainer/re-trainer.

PA: Yes, i want to try this DD line but it's low on the list at the moment.

Sorry if this is too ambiguous a question (at lot of it comes down to personal preference I suppose) but any suggestions would be appreciated.

You will struggle to make any money playing T8 "stock ships", unless it's a premium T8? Even then it's best to avoid using any premium consumables on it if you want to grind credits. The credits made will more or less get eaten up by the premium consumables used most of the time. So if you want to make credits at T8, you need a premium ship and avoid using any premium items on it while trying to grind credits.

• Cool 1

[M_OB]
Players
10 posts
3,030 battles

Another viable option is saving the doubloons for those perm camo's on Tier X's, think they are 5,000 doubloons? but without them you will always take a hard hit on your post services

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
421 posts
1,775 battles
20 hours ago, The_Pillager said:

Hope You dont mind my comments, just a personal point of view.

Good luck mate :Smile_honoring:

Nope, that's good. Thanks for the feedback.

I totally get your comments on the skill pools being vastly different for cruiser/DD captains on Nelson/Mushi, but basically I was just looking for any prem for the line I could get :Smile_trollface:. Also, I suppose I have this little bee telling me that BB's are the least skill reliant class so it's not as crippling as it could be with putting, for example, a secondary spec'd BB captain in a DD! And a T9 ship has more potential (if played well *cough*) net you a chunk more xp than a T4 and give you decent credits at the same time. I have a captain (9pts) on Mushi at the moment that I am grinding for the BB line - I do want to grind the line!

I probably will get Yubari for coal because of it's more appropriate for the IJN DD/CA line and then figure out the rest later as it comes :Smile_honoring:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,068 posts
5,838 battles
3 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

I probably will get Yubari for coal because of it's more appropriate for the IJN DD/CA line and then figure out the rest later as it comes :Smile_honoring:

Good shout - I rather like Yubari: she's a lot better than many people think if you put a decent captain in her (I'm a bad person and use my 19-point Akizuki/Harakaze captain in her - LS is useful, as you tend to get your engine/propeller/rudder shot off quite often)...

• Cool 1

Players
1,155 posts
9,034 battles
Am 8.1.2019 um 10:11, Rusty_9 sagte:

You want to save it for retraining of your top commanders after re-assigning them to freshly ground ships.

Specifically those of them that are maxed out. It's not a big issue in the lower ranks but once you get into those last few points... Besides the benefit of having the top commmander on the highest tier ship in the respective line, they also generate more Elite Commander XP since you're of course more inclined to put the best power camos and special signals on these ships for the new grind, especially while they are not yet fully upgraded.

If you put a maxed-out commander on a new ship and use credits for retraining instead of doubloons, he doesn't generate any Elite Commander XP during retraining. So you lose 125,000 ECXP. That is almost enough to upgrade a 6-pt captain to 10 points, aka not having to play that 6-pointer's ship without concealment expert. The fewer maxed-out commanders you have, the more sorely you miss them during retraining.

As an F2P player, you might also want to spend some doubloons occasionally on demounting upgrade modules in the high tiers. Three million credits for a 6th slot module still take some grinding without premium time. Also for demounting special modules bought for coal in the Arsenal, in order to move them to higher-tier ships.

Another good investment imho are port slots, you don't need to be a 'collector' to want some 50 or more ships in your port. The best time for that has only just passed though, with the 75-percent discount over the Holidays you could have gotten four times as many slots for the money. If you missed it, definitely wait for the next discount which is sure to come sooner or later.

You should definitely not use them to buy Free XP and level commanders because that is much too expensive and you get very little bang for the buck.

Regarding Yubari, I'm repeating myself here but it's a waste to blow coal on such a ship when you can get it for less than a fiver in the shop while the coal buys you things you can not get for money, like the 'performance' signal flags, which you definitely want in Clan Battles and Ranked, just to avoid letting your side down. It's a nice little ship and all, but do better buy it for money, it's less than a pack of fags these days. The only reason to use coal would be maybe if you live in Turkey or some other country where that actually is a lot of money.

Very few premium ships you could conceivable get for that small amount of doubloons are worth it imho. Okhotnik perhaps, borderline. But since you already have the Leningrad, that's half of the utility gone, so it would be a blatant and foolish waste in your situation. They might put T-61 into the Tech Tree for purchase one of these days but she'll probably be around 4,500 gold even if they do that. (Or they might pull her completely.)

• Cool 1

Players
1,155 posts
9,034 battles

Also btw, I don't think spending doubloons on a few premium days at a time is a particularly good deal, and if you didn't even buy them but accumulated them over a long period of time as a F2P player, frankly it is a quite terrible idea.

I added a little section to my "Gold in WoWs" spreadsheet down at the bottom of the sheet called "Gold by purchase".

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GdW79l1hAu7cDeP6R-zKDkR6F6M2Jjv0YJLdUULC-hE/edit#gid=1719828417

These give you the converted money values in Euros if you bought the doubloons outright in a medium or large chest from the premium store.

Now the individual values like 86 cents for a day don't sound like much. And it's certainly a lot less than 80.39 Euros which is the standard price of 360 days of WoWs premium in the shop.

But last Christmas, they had a discount flogging the 360 days for 60 Euros. This year, it was 39,99. And in the weeks leading up to it, they had a few doubloon discount promos, and if you made use of those, and then spent those doubloons on premium time, someone calculated the price was I think less than 28 Euros for those 360 days. Those are far smaller sums and the price for one day becomes something like eight to eleven Cents.

And now consider all the things you did to get those doubloons in the game, without paying money for them. The hours you put in, grinding, and possibly not enjoying yourself very much in the process.

You never get those hours back. And I think it is worthwhile to ask yourself now and then if it doesn't make more sense to spend a little money, that you maybe didn't spend quite as much time earning, and possibly even enjoyed earning, in order to save yourself some grinding in the game.

• Cool 2

Players
1,155 posts
9,034 battles

Here's another idea:

I just remembered some premium commanders are now 'for hire' in the Arsenal for doubloons.

That might also be a worthwhile investment, especially if you can use them on ships you like to play a lot or on several premium ships besides their specialization.

However, I'd first get all the coal ones.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,756 posts
6,230 battles

My advice is, if you're about to buy something, just think 1 or 2 days about it, watch videos about the products, before you buy it.

• Cool 1

Players
262 posts

I'd be tempted to wait a while now. With the removal of the Musashi and it being the start of a New Year, there might be some new coal ships added later on not mentioned yet. That's if the Bart doesn't appeal to you and you're not really interested in the Musashi as a collectors ship when gone from shop.

[W-C]
Players
421 posts
1,775 battles

Thanks @MRGTB - thankfully I had enough coal to get Musashi last month, and am glad I did - she's a great little credit earner, even without prem time. That does mean it will be a while before I have enough coal for another higher tier ship (currently got c. 30k thanks to a SC)

Players
3 posts
161 battles

Let me start with saying that I am still a newbie to WOWS so you should take my advice with a grain of salt. I however used to play WOT which has a very similar economic model.

Instead of going into the details in WOWS - which I naturally have only limited experience with I will offer you general economic advice that is true for both real life and most games out there:

• One time investments often end up being much much cheaper than subscription which have to be renewed. The reason why so many companies go into subscription business model is that over time people tend to pay far more then they would in a one time investment.

For example... subscribing to Office 365 from MS may seem cheap at first... but over the years you will end up spending several times more than one time buying of a classic license.

I know people who spent hundreds of euros on WOT Premium.... yet playing only occasionaly. Speak about wasted money.

I would general advise against subscriptions, but if you really have to do it make sure that you use the time to the fullest extent possible. If you cant or are not sure if you really will do 8 hours of WOWS every day the next entire year you are probably better of with buying a one time investment like a premium ship.

• As a free to play users... doubloons are the single most valueable thing you have. As such I would strongly advise against spending them on mitigating credit losses. Demounting equipment turns an irreplace ressource (Doubloons) into a replaceable one (Credits). I would estimate that to be a bad deal for people willing to spend hundreds of euros a year on this game.... but for a F2P player which only gets doubloons exceedingly rare if at all.... it is just plain wasteful.

You can always replace credits. But you cannot replace doubloons wasted. Also consider that you do get 50 % of the items value on a sale.... so for example if you demount an equipment costing 500000 credits you are not getting 500000 for you doubloons.... you are only getting 250000. Terrible value for real life money.

• If you play for a long time.... you will most likey run out of port space. This as such would be a worthy one time investment.... one that does also save a ton of credits because you otherwise would be forced to sell ships and rebuy them again. Wait for discounts and then buy them.

I dont know if this trick works in WOWS but in WOT buying garage/port slots also doubled as a way to store crew/captains. Basically you bought a garage place... bought a dirt cheap tier 1 tank and then just put the crew in it. Just to reduce the amount of needed barrack space... and of course you never used or retrained the crew on that tank... you just abused the garage space and the tank as crew quarters... with the added benefit of having one more garage space for the tank you later bought and then put the crew back in.

• Cheap buyers often buy twice: If you want to buy a premium vehicle.... make sure to buy the highly proftitable ones. In WOT that meant Tier 8 Premiums because those generated the most credits per match. Dont make my mistake of buying several low tier premium tanks which while nice... are not particular good credit earners in comparsion. You will just be frustrated and end up buying a tier 8 premium anyway for even more real life cash. I dont know if this is true for WOWS, too, but if yes.... then only buy a premium ship if

- it makes a ton of credits
    - or you REALLY REALLY REALLY want it for fun.

Dont make my mistake.... I ended up spending so much money on low tier WOT premium tanks that I could have buyed 3 Tier 8 Premiums for it. Instead I paid a fortune of money for still having a pretty crappy credit grinder in comparsion. Dont do it.

If that means that your teammates will scream at you because you lack the experience to command such a tank/ship with sufficient proficiency.... that is regrettable.... but at the end of the day... you are in for the PAYCHECK.... not the pleasing of your teammates which honestly are more often than not of dubious value in the first place.

• Always do the math. Yes.. seriously. Dont listen to empty marketing texts about the best offer ever... do the math... and then decide after understanding the real value.

• A final global advice.... dont spend when new to a game. You will most likely regret it and you will also help to keep crappy business models alive. When you are new to a game... everything seems wonderful.... and so your wallet feels very generous..... it takes some playtime to learn about a game shortcomings and issues..... and a lot of people seriously regret spending so generously mere weeks later. You should only consider spending money once you are established in the game. This also helps you to understand what offers are good and which are not. It also motivates developers to care about their crap when it starts to hurt sales.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
421 posts
1,775 battles

Thanks @Subtle_Shift_In_Emphasis

I haven't played WOT and don't intend to, but welcome to WOWS and thanks for the tips - newbie or not, they make a lot of sense to me... seems like there is a lot of parallels between the two (although from what I've heard, WOWS economy is not as harsh as WOT)!

Beta Tester
881 posts
7,062 battles

This is an interesting post, I would say ... let me add a few thoughts, having over 30000 battles in Wot ...

19 hours ago, Subtle_Shift_In_Emphasis said:
    I would general advise against subscriptions, but if you really have to do it make sure that you use the time to the fullest extent possible. If you cant or are not sure if you really will do 8 hours of WOWS every day the next entire year you are probably better of with buying a one time investment like a premium ship.
    Basically not wrong, but a little bit too pointed, imo. You dont need to play 8 hours every day to use a premium account properly, but true, for an occasional player, a ship can be better

• As a free to play users... doubloons are the single most valueable thing you have. As such I would strongly advise against spending them on mitigating credit losses. .....
    The logic in Your wording is correct, but if You dont dismount modules for gold, You want to keep every ship and buy the modules for the next one anew ? That will cost You even more credits. A Slot 6 module for a T9 ship is 3 mio credits ...so if You want/have to save credits, YOu will have to play without the modules.

• If you play for a long time.... you will most likey run out of port space. This as such would be a worthy one time investment....
    Absolutely agreed

I dont know if this trick works in WOWS but in WOT buying garage/port slots also doubled as a way to store crew/captains....
    Works in WoWs as well and is  a good advice

• Cheap buyers often buy twice: If you want to buy a premium vehicle.... make sure to buy the highly proftitable ones.....
    Basically correct, but You miss the problem of the matchmaking at hightiers, You find more of the very experienced veterans who wipe the ocean floors with newcomers in shniy new T8 premiums. I always liked my midtier premiums, in WoT as well as in WoWs. I hardly used any T8 premium or higher for the Mighty Prince campaign these days. Did it all with T5 - T7 premiums with flags and all stuff. Had a 500000 credits battle in Ochotnik last night ...
    But You are right: T2/T3 premiums are not effective, T5 premiums are debatable too, T6 and T7 premiums are the most favourable imo. 

• Always do the math. Yes.. seriously. Dont listen to empty marketing texts about the best offer ever... do the math... and then decide after understanding the real value.
    Definitely an absolutely correct advice !

• A final global advice.... dont spend when new to a game. ....
    I am a bit torn here ... so Yes ... and No ...
    Especially when You are still new, a solid T5 premium for example can be very useful for learning. As a newbie You will struggle to do damage and without damage you dont get credits. And without credits You progress very slow and this is frustrating. A premium ship is a bit more forgiving in this regard, you still get out with a positive income even after a bad battle.
    But it depends very much on the playstyle. I found Murmansk an extremly useful and forgiving trainer for beginners. Battleshipwise I would gift a Texas to a newbie, if asked, or the Cesare of course, if she is available.

I hope my comments are readable ... the original text was so long, I felt the need to shorten it.

My comments arise from my recent experinece with my Kohai, my daughter is driving with me in warships occasionally.

She isnt doing more than 30-40 battles month and and has reached T7 in two techtrees now after 850 battles. She is doing fine up to now.

I gifted her a Murmansk, a DeGrasse and a Indianapolis over the time, but Indy was a bad pick, as I had to notice. Too early and not her style. So yes, pick your ships wisely.

:Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
881 posts
7,062 battles
54 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

I haven't played WOT and don't intend to, but welcome to WOWS and thanks for the tips - newbie or not, they make a lot of sense to me... seems like there is a lot of parallels between the two (although from what I've heard, WOWS economy is not as harsh as WOT)!

WoWs is superior to WoT in EVERY aspect ... having started in WoT in early 2013 i can tell You that ...

There are lots of similarities, but WoWs already learned from some things in WoT and WoT is struggling hard to improve.

I am still playing tanks, nevertheless. Sometimes I just cant stand the ships and need to play something more active and reactive and Wot is on its way to a more shooter-orientated game.

All the good ideas however come from the WoWs designers and developers.

the ranked battles e.g.

the daily loot containers

the szenarios

coop mode

And most off all, WoWs is way less toxic in chat and forum than WoT. really ...

• Cool 1