You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wilkinson87

Doube and triple DD div

25 comments in this topic

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
212 posts
5,414 battles

Just a little idea.Its alright that if you are in a division with friends grinding together, and the game puts the div members close to each other at game start, BUT, can WG exclude the dds? I experienced lot of games when 2 or 3 DD divisions stick together and the whole other flank dies because they dont want to split up.this is a little bit of problem...

• Cool 4

[COMFY]
Players
1,079 posts
5,826 battles

And when I play double dd with a firend close together we mostly carry whole matches.

Shocker...

Another biasd topic based on bad experience.

• Cool 2

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
212 posts
5,414 battles
3 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

And when I play double dd with a firend close together we mostly carry whole matches.

Shocker...

Not only 1 game was.Was about 10 now, If me and my mates playing, at lest we split up equaly.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
15 minutes ago, Wilkinson87 said:

2 or 3 DD divisions stick together and the whole other flank dies because they dont want to split up

Player issue not game issue

Skilled players can easily go in multi-DD divs and carry the game by setting up crossfires, cross-torping and expanding their effective spotting area while keeping themselves covered & protected.

Meanwhile bad players fail regardless of their ship selection, the only difference that comes from it is how will they fail. Suicide rushes, fail-blob of DDs, half of your teams BBs scraping the same border... Basically different ship, same story

• Cool 7

[NWP]
Players
4,631 posts
6,363 battles
1 minute ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Shocker...

How are facts biased?

Do DDs not spawn next to each other when they are in a division?

And its more like, your view is biased as the average 3x DD division sucks [edited]. You just feel targeted by that because you are playing that yourself obviously. It can be succesful - noone argueing with that. It can also screw you majorly and its worse than having a stupid CV.

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,476 battles
9 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

5 potato BBs is nearly every game, divisioned or not. 

Has nothing to do with the subject in the OP.

1 minute ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

And when I play double dd with a firend close together with mostly carry whole matches.

Shocker...

Good for you. In which of the 9 games, that you played DD in a 2-man-divi did that happen? btw: Topic is not biased and your comment has nothing to do with the subject in the OP.

@Wilkinson87 you are right about those spawns. Tho I doubt, changing it, would make anything better. A division of 3x the same class usualy tells you: they have no idea wtf they are doing. So if you´d make them spawn each behind one Cap, scttattered, theyll prolly gather first in one place, because "muh friend". You cant force people to play the correct way, as sad as it is. They dont split up in the first place because they dont know whats their job and what a responsibility they took, when selecting 3xDD.

[COMFY]
Players
1,079 posts
5,826 battles

Topic is major generalisation and puts everyone into one bag.

Because certain combos will work better than lets say 3 Akatuki Div for example and sending certain duets on a flank not only to support eachother but also to kill enemy dds and win the cap is beneficial for whole team and sets a foothold for the rest of the game.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles

I don't play in divisions that much, so am not fully informed; however, I wouldn't blame multiple DDs in a division for sticking together - at least that way they are likely to get some support...

Everyone on here knows that WOWS is a team game, and that one should support one's team-mates; I'm reasonably confident that the general bulk of the player-base doesn't.

[NWP]
Players
4,631 posts
6,363 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

I don't play in divisions that much, so am not fully informed; however, I wouldn't blame multiple DDs in a division for sticking together - at least that way they are likely to get some support...

Everyone on here knows that WOWS is a team game, and that one should support one's team-mates; I'm reasonably confident that the general bulk of the player-base doesn't.

Different classes supporting each other is much better than having multiple same class ships trying to support each other.

BB/CA/DD division can carry and support each other much better than other combos.

Ofc there are some DD combos which probably work well together (spot DD + Gunboat DD f.e. on one cap) But if your team has only 3 DDs, and all of em are running to one cap, preferably hugging a cap in there spotting nothing, then you lose whole map control and you are blind.

Players
4,085 posts
6,476 battles
11 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Topic is major generalisation and puts everyone into one bag.

Wut? Are you touchy because you like DDs or what? I cant remember seeing you in any BB-Thread, where everyone is trashing people, that are posting there, directly. Shouldnt you defend BBs there and critizise people posting... generalisations?

Besides: Form a better sentence, describing the problem of 3 DDs, that are in a Division together and spawn in the same place. I take it, you do have an interesting in discusing this subject, after all, it IS the topic here?

[COMFY]
Players
1,079 posts
5,826 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Wut? Are you touchy because you like DDs or what? I cant remember seeing you in any BB-Thread, where everyone is trashing people, that are posting there, directly. Shouldnt you defend BBs there and critizise people posting... generalisations?

Besides: Form a better sentence, describing the problem of 3 DDs, that are in a Division together and spawn in the same place. I take it, you do have an interesting in discusing this subject, after all, it IS the topic here?

I like to play all the classes depending on the mood. And I don't have to be 24/7 on forums being involved in pointless arguments.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Different classes supporting each other is much better than having multiple same class ships trying to support each other.

Oh, I agree absolutely, but again we're talking about people on here versus the general player base.

Perhaps I should have phrased it a bit better: in the context of the general game, the support of an unsuitable division-mate is better than no support at all. That may be enough to encourage such folk to stick together.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
724 posts
4,096 battles

It happens yeah. I was recently in a division and we lost a stupidly amount of games. Reason was basically chit chatting on discord, we all three sailed the same class (BB) and we were sticking together. So we took all the firepower to one side or point. Luckily one of us woke up and pointed that out so we could start winning matches again. 

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

Spawns don't matter if they don't want to split up. They'll just meet up anyway if they're separated at spawn. I've seen that happen, because sometimes they do spawn on different sides.

I've also seen games where all DDs went to one cap and killed all enemy DDs there, after which they continued to dominate other caps. With or without divisions.

It's entirely a player issue. Changing mechanics won't magically make players better. Well, these mechanics.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
216 posts
6,135 battles
1 hour ago, Wilkinson87 said:

Just a little idea.Its alright that if you are in a division with friends grinding together, and the game puts the div members close to each other at game start, BUT, can WG exclude the dds? I experienced lot of games when 2 or 3 DD divisions stick together and the whole other flank dies because they dont want to split up.this is a little bit of problem...

Making people in the same division spawn close together was a great change but I agree that in the case of multiple DD divisions the spawn locations could do with being a bit more nuanced. Maybe DDs should be split and spawned as they normally would be if they weren't in a division but with the consideration that they be placed as close as possible to each other and non-DD division mates. A couple of examples to illustrate:

- A division of 2 DD and 1 BB might spawn a DD and BB opposite C and the other DD opposite B

- A division of 3 DDs in a game that has 4 DD per side might spawn 2 opposite one of the caps and the other opposite an adjacent cap with the fourth non-division DD at the remaining cap

That way the DD still have the option of working together and doubling up if that is what they want but the spawns encourage proper coverage. In a case of a 3 DD division where they are the only DDs on the team they really should be split to cover the full spawn rather than placed together for the benefit of the team. Yes, you can't stop them re-grouping and sticking together all game but at least it isn't actively encouraged by the spawns.

TBH, triple anything  divisions aren't a great idea and I wouldn't mind seeing a restriction to max of 2 of the same class per division but I suspect wargaming wouldn't consider that as it would interfere with people being able to play together freely in whatever they wanted.

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
575 posts
7,334 battles

Yesterday I had a game with div of 3 the same ships. Yet they balanced carried the game.  :cap_haloween: It was nice to just spot for 3 stalins in my DD.

Players
1,107 posts
8,552 battles

You cannot rely on teams in random to be coordinated or smart and so Div DD's will sometimes work together as a team..

One spots, one attacks swapping roles as they move along..One caps and one protects usually the benefit from this is that they react immediately and together.

Many times these players save games and snatch victory because they are playing as one..

I had a game recently in my Scharnhorst with my clan mate also Scharnhorst and between us, on the 1-3 lines from J to A, we sank a Bismarck, Monarch, Cleveland, Kagero and Benson. We combined our fire on visible ships doubling the damage and our combined AA against the enemy CV succeeded in taking out 29 of his planes and we finally capped the enemy base.. I succumbed to an enemy torpedo attack from the CV at the end but my clan mate finished the cap unmolested because there was no one left to contest us..

Players
1,053 posts
7,982 battles

Three-ship divisions can be tricky. If you want to stick together, it's certainly advisable to take a diverse ship setup that can support each other and don't deprive the rest of the team.

Thaaat said... I think you're allowed to have a bit of fun on the Random queue. I've done about 70 games in a 3xNelson division. It's absolutely hilarious. But it takes HARD thinking on Teamspeak about where to put our ships -- if you throw that many of your team's assets in a single place, the place better be tactically useful. 

Also the best 3-destroyer division is. (This is for those late-night games when you no longer care about being useful.)

d0pWv55.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,422 posts
11,318 battles
6 hours ago, Wilkinson87 said:

It's not even about divisions sticking together - the problem is that even if division mates don't actually plan on doing that, they have little choice: if you spawn all on right flank, there's no way in hell you would be in time to contest the opposite flank, even the middle can be problematic.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,422 posts
11,318 battles
5 hours ago, AnotherDuck said:

Spawns don't matter if they don't want to split up. They'll just meet up anyway if they're separated at spawn. I've seen that happen, because sometimes they do spawn on different sides.

I've also seen games where all DDs went to one cap and killed all enemy DDs there, after which they continued to dominate other caps. With or without divisions.

It's entirely a player issue. Changing mechanics won't magically make players better. Well, these mechanics.

Spawns might not matter if the div really wants to stick together, yes, but they can screw over DDivisions that would actually like to try being useful in more than one cap. DDs - more than other classes, despite their speed - have a lot of tactical pressure on getting to the closest caps: they need to be in position fast and going for further caps translates directly to being late. It doesn't always make a difference, but it does matter often enough for most DDs to "automatically" distribute themselves with spawns as the primary reason for picking the specific caps they decide to aim for. Being together can be a serious tactical problem, depending on specific spawns and map (imagine old Okinava with 3 DDs per side - and all friendlies spawn on A because they're a div).

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,092 posts
8,476 battles

Yes. Please forbid people having fun together. Its a complitely valid business point of view, also would make every avarege player happy. :cap_old:

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles

In almost every game I've been in where I've seen a dd division (and no other solo dd's on our team) I have asked them to split up. Most have not, and played for themselves. I've extremely seldom experienced great players doing this. Most have been a couple of guys / gals wanting to have fun.....and all the while ruining the fun of others. There is no point asking WG to separate their spawn points because one will just go to the other, the problem comes in them being allowed to division up as dd's. The format can be effective if the players have brains, but sadly not a lot do.

This be the case, I haven't see it that often, so not sure whether a cap is needed at this point. Just report them if it makes you feel better.

Players
2,681 posts
2,941 battles

3DD divisions are quite effective if you keep 'minimum distance' related to what the detection range is.

So like, if you have 6km detection range, keep 1.5-2x, so 9-12 km distance. 

Yes you can go to the same cap (if there are 4DDs I sure would) but do not chase tails. 

Anything that gets caught in between gets obliterated...