Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Minos_of_Creta

armor penetration of Warspite

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
44 posts
5,861 battles

I take Warspite from SC parcels. I go to play now and I see that armor penetration of HE is 63mm! Is a bag or reality?   :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,206 posts
7,925 battles

63.33333 to be exact - 380/6. So yes, correct. The Grand Old Lady comes from a day and age where Royal Navy Battleships weren't stupid didnt get improved HE pen yet.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,381 posts
18,949 battles

warspite, hood: "ap-boats"

everything else in higher tiers brit bb line: "he-boats"

 

thumbrule 4 me wrx just fine :Smile_great:...even more when u can convince the opponent that u gonna spam one ammotype, so they might get uncautious and let u taste that sweet broad from a silverplate ;).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
44 posts
5,861 battles

So, is another peculiarity of a premium ship.

As a new BB player I cant say if it is good or bad. I still play BBs and Cruisers in Coop!!!:fish_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,609 posts
6,356 battles
2 minutes ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

So, is another peculiarity of a premium ship.

 

Actually it doesnt really matter.

Queen Elizabeth has the same guns and you are better of using AP in her aswell, despite having better HE penetration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,381 posts
18,949 battles
1 minute ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

So, is another peculiarity of a premium ship.

As a new BB player I cant say if it is good or bad. I still play BBs and Cruisers in Coop!!!:fish_happy:

it rather became so when the brit bb's were chosen to be the bb firestarterline. warspite been there before, just as hood as well i think (that one rather close to introduction of line).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,737 posts
7,935 battles
23 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

63.33333 to be exact - 380/6. So yes, correct. The Grand Old Lady comes from a day and age where Royal Navy Battleships weren't stupid didnt get improved HE pen yet.

Also she doesn't have shortened fuse time, so she is more likely to citadel BBs (if available in first place) and overpen broadside cruisers up close.

 

Just now, MrWastee said:

it rather became so when the brit bb's were chosen to be the bb firestarterline. warspite been there before, just as hood as well i think (that one rather close to introduction of line).

Hood AFAIK gets USN ricochet angles instead HE pen. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,207 posts
9,592 battles
6 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

age where Royal Navy Battleships weren't stupid didnt get improved HE pen yet.

 

Good old (or ancient) era of superdreadnoughts :cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,054 posts
24 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

63.33333 to be exact - 380/6. So yes, correct. The Grand Old Lady comes from a day and age where Royal Navy Battleships weren't stupid didnt get improved HE pen yet.

Aaah yes, the days that nobody really knew what the :etc_swear: was going on.

The days that the US BB line didn't exist and we all thought Warspite had stupidly short range :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Good times, those good old days :cap_old:

 

 

Edit:

Omg look at this Jingles video from when Warspite was released! Just look at the state of the game at that time :cap_fainting:

Nostalgia everywhere :fish_cute_2:

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NSVE]
Players
150 posts
8,627 battles
50 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

63.33333 to be exact - 380/6. So yes, correct. The Grand Old Lady comes from a day and age where Royal Navy Battleships weren't stupid didnt get improved HE pen yet.

Actually WG has conned the us as 15" guns are 381mm not 380mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,206 posts
7,925 battles
Just now, iFax said:

Actually WG has conned the us as 15" guns are 381mm not 380mm.

that was just me being a derp - and doesnt make a shred of difference for the HE pen anyway considering the lack of specifically 64mm thick armour plates...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
56 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and doesnt make a shred of difference for the HE pen anyway

Practically it doesn't because no plating (afaik) fits the bill, but on paper it actually does

 

380 / 6 = 63.333 = 63 -> 62mm  pen

381 / 6 = 63.5 = 64 -> 63mm pen

 

Never forget the "normal rounding, then take 1mm off" part

 

Similar as to Mogami vs other CLs:

 

152 / 6 = 25.333 = 25 -> 24mm pen

155 / 6 = 25.833 = 26 -> 25mm pen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,858 posts
5,449 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Never forget the "normal rounding, then take 1mm off" part

 

You mean that the calculated armour value needed to shatter HE shells is 1 mm higher than the HE penetration of said shells? How magical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,962 posts
14,653 battles
4 hours ago, Bellegar said:

Omg look at this Jingles video from when Warspite was released! Just look at the state of the game at that time :cap_fainting:

Nostalgia everywhere :fish_cute_2:

 

Dude... did he take that video from some PC with an old EGA 16 colours graphic card? I don't remember my display showing the action that foggy except when in smoke...

 

And an enemyship ~6 km away and secondaries not firing at it??? That can't be a Warspite... ^^

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,054 posts
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:51 PM, Deckeru_Maiku said:

 

Dude... did he take that video from some PC with an old EGA 16 colours graphic card? I don't remember my display showing the action that foggy except when in smoke...

 

And an enemyship ~6 km away and secondaries not firing at it??? That can't be a Warspite... ^^

Yeah I also used full secondary build in the early days on Warpspite.

 

But maybe Jingles did some timetravel and took manual secondaries with him from the future.... but just forgot to click on the ship to start firing :cap_yes:

 

I dunno, I don't have any other sensible explanation :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×