Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BJEagleDK

Multiple accounts vs selections - REQUEST

8 comments in this topic

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
79 posts
10,616 battles

My son just started playing with his own WG account and I've set up a separate Windows 10 account for him as well.

The issue is that game selections such as ship filtering and more importantly game mode is saved "globally" in game settings and not under specific WG/windows accounts. This means that each of us usually have to mess around with game mode and ship filters each time we start the game.

So this request is simply to put what should be individual settings under WG/windows account and not save them in "global" game settings - thanks :)

EDIT: Also harbour selection would be nice have individually - and have it revert to player selection after premium time expires instead of the first available - thanks :)

• Cool 5

[PONY]
[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,508 posts
7,577 battles

Just install "his game" in a seperate Folder, Problem solved for now. But i know this cant be a solution for a longtime since some player allready think WoWs needs alot of Place on de SSD/HDD. So saving the settings for for each WG Account would be a good thing.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 minute ago, Igarigen said:

But i know this cant be a solution for a longtime since some player allready think WoWs needs alot of Place on de SSD/HDD.

Think is the wrong word, they perceive it, and its not too big.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,601 battles

Oh come on, you can't expect them to make an actually working UI and Player Profile.

Elitists... /s

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
471 posts
1,719 battles

I had an interesting one the other day, when I lost power to my PC while the game was open (entirely my own fault, but thankfully in port rather than in battle). When I got the game restarted, it turned out all the preferences had been reset to default, so I had to spend the time getting myself a sensible UI again.

Not much time wasted in the grand scheme of things but 1) OP is absolutely right that such preferences should be linked to one's account 2) things like 'alternative interface' and last known position markers and ship names on the minimap really should be the defaults.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
841 posts
19,146 battles
51 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

things like 'alternative interface' and last known position markers and ship names on the minimap really should be the defaults.

This. But i understand that all these things would be confusing to WG-s sailing sim customers as target group.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 hours ago, 10ThousandThings said:

I had an interesting one the other day, when I lost power to my PC while the game was open (entirely my own fault, but thankfully in port rather than in battle). When I got the game restarted, it turned out all the preferences had been reset to default, so I had to spend the time getting myself a sensible UI again.

Not much time wasted in the grand scheme of things but 1) OP is absolutely right that such preferences should be linked to one's account 2) things like 'alternative interface' and last known position markers and ship names on the minimap really should be the defaults.

Happened to me too, something about force shutting the process is not of its liking.

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
79 posts
10,616 battles
20 hours ago, Juanx said:

Think is the wrong word, they perceive it, and its not too big. 

Not too big?
So for "saving a setting" which could be in an individual 5KB (?) setting file I should install the same game twice. With all the updates to come that is an utterly waste of bandwidth and time updating, and for the NvME SSD (used in my computer) 40GB space its an additional cost of approxmately 20 euro. It might not matter to a game dev who has his computer paid for by his employer and updates available over LAN, but I would rather use that time and storage for something else than redundant data...

Not sure who's oppinion it is you voice, but in my opinion it is utterly BS - and I don't mean BattleShip :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this