Lumik8

Science of Victory mission 2 task 8 bug?

4 comments in this topic

Question

[B--S]
Players
1 post
775 battles

Hi, I would like to ask for advice regarding a problem with Science of Victory campaign - mission 2 task 8, which requires to earn Arsonist achievement. Problem is that I earned it very early with low tier ship, but it says you can get it only once. So how can I get this task done when I can´t earn that achievement again and the game cannot detect I already have it? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,841 battles

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There are two achievements with similar names:

- Naval Warfare: Arson, Destroy an enemy ship by setting her on fire. Can be obtained only once.

- Arsonist, Set an enemy ship on fire and destroy it. Damage caused by fire must exceed 40% of the destroyed ship's normal HP. Can be obtained multiple times per battle.

The one you probably have is the first one, but the one you need for this task is the second one.

Good luck and fair seas:cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles

Just adding to the previous 2 answers - the "can be earned once" also might have been the part you remember from a longer quote - "Reward can be earned once per day" - which usually comes with these achievements

I don't know of any back-tracking campaign tasks in WoWS, all of them need to be done after you accept the task :cap_like:

[SSA]
Players
778 posts
17,027 battles
Don't worry, there is no problem, you can get more than one. If you want evidence either note the following:
Spoiler
Icon_achievement_ARSONIST.png

Arsonist

Set an enemy ship on fire and destroy it. Damage caused by fire must exceed 40% of the destroyed ship's normal HP. Can be obtained multiple times per battle.

from the official wiki (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Achievements)

Or look up the achievements of any random bloke on the forum with more than say 1-2k battles on the WoWs website.

[edit: lel. was beaten by 11 minutes and Cornflakes' post didn't even show up when i came here]