Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BALLISTIC_DESTROYER6

Removing ships that are owned by players

8 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
1,147 battles

I am confused at this one and any help would be great. What happens to ships from the tech tree (not premiums) that are removed from the game but are owned by a player and in their port? Does the player get to keep the ship? Do they receive compensation for it?

Players
599 posts

If anything like WOT when they replace certain tanks with another one, but you already have the one replaced. They give you both, but the latter one removed you get to keep as a special one. I would imagine they'd do the same in WOWS also.

As an example they replaced the tier 10 FV (183 gun) destroyer tank with the Badger when I had it, I got both tanks when they replaced it, but the FV 183 became a special tank then.

Not saying that would happen in WOWS, but that is what they have done in WOT.

Players
4,576 posts
5,698 battles

If a tech tree ship gets replaced, you typically get the replacement. Say, WG think Roon is a terrible design and they come up with a new design, let's call it the Seeckt, to be the new T9 German cruiser, they'd just switch it out and give you the new one researched and if you own it, they give it in your port.

If a tech tree ship gets moved, due to for example line-split, then you get the new ship and if the ship you had exists in the new line, you get the new ship too. For example Cleveland was the T6 USN cruiser, but got moved to T8. Pensacola, New Orleans and Baltimore got moved down. People who had the USN line up to Baltimore would get all the new ships in the heavy cruiser line up to the new Buffalo, as well as Cleveland at T8. They'd not get anything on ships like Dallas or Helena, which were new.

If a premium ship gets removed, it usually gets refunded. This is very rare though. Usually WG just remove it from shop, not from account and pretent the ship doesn't exist. For example, Kitakami and Graf Zeppelin in its first version got removed and for Graf Zeppelin WG offered refunds to people who did no longer want the ship and wouldn't want to bet on the reworked version being useful. Kitakami got removed and never was intented to come back and is the sole premium I remember that ever got such radical treatment. Most ships just get removed from shop or tech tree, like Belfast, Kutuzov, Missouri, Musashi, Kronshtadt, etc. These ship continue to exist on accounts that owwn them.

[4_0_4]
Players
5,039 posts
11,210 battles
19 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Seeckt,

:cap_wander::cap_wander_2::cap_haloween:

Good name for a chinese copy cruiser tree :Smile_trollface:

Players
4,576 posts
5,698 battles
4 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

:cap_wander::cap_wander_2::cap_haloween:

Good name for a chinese copy cruiser tree :Smile_trollface:

Honestly, I just went through German military commanders that..

• had some prominence
  • had no more important ship named after them that would cause confusion if the actual ship was implemented
  • were dead by the time WWII happened

Seeckt fulfilled all three criteria.

[4_0_4]
Players
5,039 posts
11,210 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

Honestly, I just went through German military commanders that..

• had some prominence
  • had no more important ship named after them that would cause confusion if the actual ship was implemented
  • were dead by the time WWII happened

Seeckt fulfilled all three criteria.

I see. Just funny that it was Seeckt, since not people know about him at all.

Players
599 posts
21 hours ago, Riselotte said:

If a tech tree ship gets replaced, you typically get the replacement. Say, WG think Roon is a terrible design and they come up with a new design, let's call it the Seeckt, to be the new T9 German cruiser, they'd just switch it out and give you the new one researched and if you own it, they give it in your port.

That happened in WOT with the UK tech tree. They replaced the FV215b (183) TD with the Badger at T10. They also replaced the T10 Heavy tank with Super Conq in same Brit tree ages ago (both swapped out at same time). I had both T10 tanks, and because of the tank swap out for new models I got both the new tank replacements (+ kept both old ones as special tanks). So they do, well at least in WOT give you both tanks even when they only swap out one tank for another.

Players
1,506 posts
3,969 battles
On 1/6/2019 at 2:28 AM, Seiranko said:

Kitakami got removed and never was intented to come back and is the sole premium I remember that ever got such radical treatment.

If I remember correctly, Kitakami got replaced by Atago. Which is why Atago is so good, as WG didn't want anyone to complain about losing Kitakami.

Although, personally I would have still complained as Kitakami is a meme worth keeping for the lols.

Sign in to follow this