Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Heavy rain ahead.

20 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,705 posts
6,682 battles

yeap, taking from my own medicine.:Smile_teethhappy:

noob.thumb.png.8443b7a9014d8b991444420155ba72e0.png

Spoiler

noob3.thumb.png.a055b3a9e300625db531e0d0be127c16.png

And this is from Co-op, where things are pretty  much strait forward. I can't even Imagine what will happen in random.:Smile_hiding: ( I don't know yet, when)

I just got the ability to strafe. I just reached my favourite tier... I think.

For now I'm going back for the Japanese, bumping it up from 4 to 6.

Guess, it's better if I fetch my umbrella first.:Smile_hiding:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles

What's the point in learning CVs now when they get full rework in about 2 weeks?

• Cool 2

Players
73 posts
1,265 battles

I'm pretty much committed to play CVs in Coop, because when i go in random, my aircrafts get decimated from the enemy fighters or from the enemy AA when i get uptierd (most of the times). However, since in Coops i don't get a high reward, even when i do decent, how am i supposed ti grind the next ship. 

I hate losing, but not because of the lost itself, but because i can't spent much time into this game, and i'm spending almost all of my free time; and those players who have a job? How much time does WG thinks they can put into the game? I know that you can't always win, but most of the missions (in events, or elsewhere) require you to win to complete them in time.

I liked the Azur Lane event, because it was simple, it didn't require you necessarily to win and i was able to complete it in just 3 days with only tier V ships.

I also don't find this game fun any more, not because of the rework, but in general, Coops is the only gamemode in which i still have fun, not because you basically can't lose, but just because i'm having fun, other gamemodes, i can't have fun. I'll keep playing the game because i like ships, but i think WG should think, instead for reworks or new branches, how to make this game fun again, because this is a game, it's supposed to be played mainly to have fun.  

[-CC-]
Beta Tester, Players
1,415 posts
4,327 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

What's the point in learning CVs now when they get full rework in about 2 weeks?

It's obvious. So he can place educated complaints, once the rework hits live.

You're doing God's work, @Butterdoll

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[L4GG]
Players
1,705 posts
6,682 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Well, for a couple of reasons.

it was a thing long overdue.

If you can't beat them, join them (i'm curious about the new cv thing and about the near old cv thing)

I'm not heading towards anything in particular, so I started two more lines just for fun. Three lines.

I wanted to see how was the American BBs, well, so far very different from German bbs.

The IJN BBs I just free xp through them to get to the cvs.

2 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

However, since in Coops i don't get a high reward, even when i do decent, how am i supposed ti grind the next ship. 

Special camos, with bonus, economic signals and those special signals. Use some or use them all.

Spoiler

bogue3.1.thumb.png.284edf1564bac9d493e53bfd13ff7e29.png

It's up to you if you want something more balanced and last longer or something faster.

[L4GG]
Players
1,705 posts
6,682 battles
2 hours ago, Blixies said:

It's obvious. So he can place educated complaints, once the rework hits live.

You're doing God's work, @Butterdoll

No just having fun, and going for something new between the PEV missions, and so far I'm liking it.

• Cool 1

Players
138 posts
13,517 battles

No harm in trying the old RTS CV while it's still available, but yeh you will always find even in CO-OP there are plenty of salty people when it comes to CVs no matter if your great or awful in them. 

But hope you have fun trying them out 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I completely stopped playing CVs when the rework was confirmed.

Was really no point developing my CV abilities when WG are pulling the plug... :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Was really no point developing my CV abilities when WG are pulling the plug... :Smile_unsure:

Quite similar in my case:

• Finished the grind towards Essex (no spare XP left on Lex)
  • Finished the grind towards Taiho (no spare XP left on Shokek)
  • Got the CV snowflakes
  • Done with it

[H_FAN]
Players
2,049 posts
24,937 battles

well have grinded more or less only in coop from the summer and ar now at Midway and Taiho so we are a few. No other ship lines to grind, have even used some FreeXP will do it for the Hakuryu so I get 100 Steel.

[HOO]
Players
1,224 posts
2,557 battles
14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

^THIS^

Unless people are playing CV's to farm XP via the rework

[SCRUB]
Players
5,451 posts
9,467 battles
49 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

^THIS^

Unless people are playing CV's to farm XP via the rework

Or maybe to skip the horrible low tier experience after the rework...

[L4GG]
Players
1,705 posts
6,682 battles
12 hours ago, Negativvv said:

10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Done with it

Why?

Even if you both for whatever reason will not play the new cvs and if you both enjoy the current cv gameplay. Why don't you play it now?

Listen, just before Cleveland  was bumped up to t8, I for a month, didn't play anything but Cleveland, specially after the first CC videos featuring Columbia, I was aware of the massive "nerf" (meaning, it would not be in t8 what it was in t6) that Cleveland would receive.

So, I did my farewell to that t6 and I didn't regretted.

Even if you have something to grind, you can do it later.

Enjoy while you can.

46 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Or maybe to skip the horrible low tier experience after the rework...

?

Well, it's true I play co-op for now, but what low tier experience? i Do not expect a big different in random if you don't take the human factor into account.

Langley it's awesome, I would say OP, very easy ship to fight against and non existent AA. very strait forward.

Bogue same thing but one have to be more careful with AA , but in Random it would change a lot, a very difficult ship to be in this MM

I didn't had, so far, t7s but I had games where I didn't know what ships to go after.

Independence my first very taste of area denial, I just couldn't go for it. 

Independence it's the ship where cv "work" really starts, where it makes or breaks a player.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Why?

Even if you both for whatever reason will not play the new cvs and if you both enjoy the current cv gameplay. Why don't you play it now?

I enjoy the current CV gameplay, I despise the ridiculous amount of bugs that comes with it.

Previously there always was "fingers crossed this gets fixed in the future", now it's just "this is as good as it's going to get". Point to bother with it? None

[NWP]
Players
4,637 posts
6,366 battles

I feel that Bot CVs are usually harder to deal with than Human CVs :cap_haloween:

They constantly start their planes and attack immediately (so strafing isnt as good usually). Strafing Fighters is even worse, as you have to strafe head on. If you play IJN CV, the bot might run AS, which has more fighters than you, then it gets even worse because of low ammo on IJN fighters.

The Bot CV WILL get strikes through - unless you play AS setup, which is totaly retarded imo.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,705 posts
6,682 battles
16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I feel that Bot CVs are usually harder to deal with than Human CVs :cap_haloween:

They constantly start their planes and attack immediately (so strafing isnt as good usually). Strafing Fighters is even worse, as you have to strafe head on. If you play IJN CV, the bot might run AS, which has more fighters than you, then it gets even worse because of low ammo on IJN fighters.

The Bot CV WILL get strikes through - unless you play AS setup, which is totaly retarded imo.

This is why I'm not ready for random yet. My tactics are so bot oriented

It's so easy to counter the bots.

When myy strike force is about to take off, my fighters are already spotting and searching for their fighters,  engage them (sometimes you can go for the torp bombers) and block them.

Make your strike, meanwhile, go after the red striking force.

finish the second wave of fighters, then finish the red strike force while you are striking.

the game ends shortly after.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
2 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Why?

Listen, just before Cleveland  was bumped up to t8, I for a month, didn't play anything but Cleveland, specially after the first CC videos featuring Columbia, I was aware of the massive "nerf" (meaning, it would not be in t8 what it was in t6) that Cleveland would receive.

So, I did my farewell to that t6 and I didn't regretted.

Even if you have something to grind, you can do it later.

Enjoy while you can.

?

Well, it's true I play co-op for now, but what low tier experience? i Do not expect a big different in random if you don't take the human factor into account.

Langley it's awesome, I would say OP, very easy ship to fight against and non existent AA. very strait forward.

Bogue same thing but one have to be more careful with AA , but in Random it would change a lot, a very difficult ship to be in this MM

I didn't had, so far, t7s but I had games where I didn't know what ships to go after.

Independence my first very taste of area denial, I just couldn't go for it. 

Independence it's the ship where cv "work" really starts, where it makes or breaks a player.

For me it's because my gaming time is very short these days with work and a family. I'd rather play something I can learn and take something from. 

I paid a fair bit of money for Kaga, Big E and Saipan with the hope of learning to CV properly one day and now it's a WoWP rip off.

At least the rework looks pretty :cap_happy:

[IRON7]
Players
837 posts
568 battles
17 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Was really no point developing my CV abilities when WG are pulling the plug

I random what ship I play so if a CV comes up - I play it (on my NA account where I have CVs).

I do enjoy current RTS CV play and which I will miss. I should play them more as they are, sadly, leaving. The CVs I have are where I want them tier-wise tho all require more Cpt skills.

I'm selling all my CVs when the FARCE happens so I guess I will have a lot of extra exp kicking around, lots of extra credits & even some doubloons(?) for my prem CV?

Those CV Cpts will get respecced/retrained to DD Cpts since my plan will be to hunt & sink the new reworked CV FARCES.

When WG reverses course and re-instates RTS CV play, then I will rebuild/replace my CVs. If WG does not return RTS CV play, well, I, sadly, will not be playing CVs again.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 hours ago, antean said:

I random what ship I play so if a CV comes up - I play it (on my NA account where I have CVs).

I do enjoy current RTS CV play and which I will miss. I should play them more as they are, sadly, leaving. The CVs I have are where I want them tier-wise tho all require more Cpt skills.

I'm selling all my CVs when the FARCE happens so I guess I will have a lot of extra exp kicking around, lots of extra credits & even some doubloons(?) for my prem CV?

Those CV Cpts will get respecced/retrained to DD Cpts since my plan will be to hunt & sink the new reworked CV FARCES.

When WG reverses course and re-instates RTS CV play, then I will rebuild/replace my CVs. If WG does not return RTS CV play, well, I, sadly, will not be playing CVs again.

It is a shame yes as RTS CV has a lot of depth unlike the rework which I found shallow after 3 games on the PT...

[JRM]
Players
1,551 posts
15,086 battles

Well skipping might not be a good idea, it takes time to learn new mechanic properly, should they refund the lines as freexp (seems the logical way) I for one will keep one od the lines unlocked up to tier 10 (probabbly us but I ll decide when I see how they make them in final iteration) to keep access and grind out the rest to learn new gameplay from scratch

Sign in to follow this