You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Apophisos

Stalin nerf?

61 comments in this topic

[-KNM-]
Players
34 posts
12,677 battles

If you are nerfing this HUGE brick, i want my steel back asap. SAD.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 13
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

Dream on lol. Only fair to give it the same fire duration as the other "supercruisers"

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
826 posts
7,787 battles

Did you refuse to play Cruisers back when they burned for 60 seconds?

Battlecruisers can handle it.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
456 posts
11,457 battles

They are not nerfing Stalin, rather changing game mechanic for Battle cruisers. WG would never directly nerf a released premium ship :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 8
  • Boring 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles

And we have a winner for 1st potato complaining about Stalingrad being too weak! Congratulations, you're a proud owner of a badge that would get me banned if I posted it here

Also it's WiP, so nothing is final and / or changed right now

• Cool 7
  • Funny 9

Beta Tester
106 posts
20,301 battles

I don't agree with OP, however I do think that if they are going to give the kronny 60sec duration they need to do something either about the 25mms plating everywhere or improve the dispersion to match the rest of the supercruisers 

Edited by HMS_Britannia
Spelling
  • Cool 5

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles

Better question is - Graf Spee wasn't mentioned but it kinda qualifies. Will it or no?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
476 posts

In my opinion:

Let WG adjust every ship, also premiums.

That would allow a better and more balanced game.

The idea of premiums being slightly better, or just different from the main line ship, is ok, but brokenly overpowered, nope.

Premiums are already being adjusted, just not directly, they’re being powercrept and noone complains about that??

Now, hit me with your dislikes :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

[GW_KR]
Players
190 posts
15,369 battles

I paid money for a certain product and now that product is being changed, I want my money back...simple customer rights.

But, our dear OP didn't pay any ACTUAL money for his ship, so nerf away with abaddon.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,066 battles
8 minutes ago, nooberg said:

[...], so nerf away with abaddon.

abaddon-chaos-beetter.jpg

• Funny 2

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,964 posts
3,877 battles
4 hours ago, Apophisos said:

Ohno Stalingrad has 60 seconds fire.
This ship that you have 5-10% higher WR and 16k higher average damage than you have with your highest tier 10 cruiser is now totally unplayable.

• Funny 5

[-CC-]
Beta Tester, Players
1,415 posts
4,327 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Britannia said:

I don't agree with OP, however I do think that if they are going to give the kronny 60sec duration they need to do something either about the 25mms plating everywhere or improve the dispersion to match the rest of the supercruisers 

Do they? The Kron has more AP dpm than Stalingrad. If it had the same, or similar dispersion... That is gonna be a yikes from me.
Even if it burns for two full unmitigated fires (each taking away 18% of Kron's HP), it still as healthy as an untouched Buffalo.

Kron: 72 450 -  26 082 (36%, two full fires) = 46 368 HP

Buffalo:  47 800 HP

Beta Tester
106 posts
20,301 battles

I don't necessarily think it should have the same as stalin but the same as Alaska and Azuma yes, not forgetting that it doesn't have the same bounce angles as stalin or even Alaska nor the hard hitting HE of azuma

[NWP]
Players
1,048 posts
9,878 battles

You didn’t buy it... spend money on it... so, you’re point?

[RO-RN]
Players
442 posts
5,937 battles

they will nerf it when every ship in the game will be able to counter each other! so that means never!

[BFS]
Beta Tester
476 posts
3 hours ago, nooberg said:

I paid money for a certain product and now that product is being changed, I want my money back...simple customer rights.

Okay, what if they buff ALL OTHER SHIPS? Would you want your money back too?

Even putting more ships out there that are more OP’ed that your OP ship, would be an direct nerf of your ship, would you want your money back then?

Just let WG do what needs to be done, so the game gets better...

[KENS]
[KENS]
Players
51 posts
9,245 battles
8 hours ago, Apophisos said:

Good luck with that! Let me know how it goes 😂😂

[COTNS]
Players
173 posts
3,260 battles

by no means is this ship weak, but it has a noticeable citadel and is quite punishing for presenting broadside as generally ships should be.  As strong as its firepower is, caught in a crossfire they are as vulnerable as any other CL 

stalin ss.png

• Boring 3

Beta Tester
2,461 posts
9,589 battles
27 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

by no means is this ship weak, but it has a noticeable citadel and is quite punishing for presenting broadside as generally ships should be.  As strong as its firepower is, caught in a crossfire they are as vulnerable as any other CL 

stalin ss.png

It is even more vulnerable than other cruisers, because it turns slower than a BB and doesn't have concealment. 

We have been telling the whiners all along and now we finally get to farm them ourselves...

Beta Tester
1,130 posts
20,478 battles
2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

It is even more vulnerable than other cruisers, because it turns slower than a BB and doesn't have concealment. 

We have been telling the whiners all along and now we finally get to farm them ourselves...

this

love the broadsiding stalins in randoms now

they give so much free damage

Beta Tester
170 posts
6,486 battles
21 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Better question is - Graf Spee wasn't mentioned but it kinda qualifies. Will it or no?

spee burns for 45 seconds wich i think is fair considering the guns it has (number and caliber)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
4 hours ago, SgtTincan said:

spee burns for 45 seconds wich i think is fair considering the guns it has (number and caliber)

Same as Kron and Stalin, same as would-be Alaska and Azuma. 4 of those 5 are proposed to be changed from 45 to 60s, Spee is the 5th, and it fits the description completely.

Not that it needs another nerf after already having its AP slaughtered vs DDs

Players
1,856 posts
6,935 battles

19 hours ago, kingzy2013 said:

stalin ss.png

Now have a Zao, Des, Moskva, Hindy ect in the same place as that ship in that picture.....It would be out right dead! Hummm.

The fact that the Grad is still sailing speaks in volumes. Plus how many Grads do you see in Open water that like plum unless he had no choice? Precisely. 

I welcome the new 60's.  We can't keep Battlecrusiers cherry picking what they want like they do now.  They can't have the callaber and HP of Battleships and the versatility of a cruiser. It's too much at the moment. Kron, Stalin, Alaska and Azuma all fit that bill.

Having a longer fire duration makes total sense if you ask me :cap_tea:

This is from someone who is looking forward to the Alaska.

Fair play WG, this is a good change IMHO.:Smile_great:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1