Sign in to follow this  
RADM_Eclipsenight

DCing in each battle

27 comments in this topic

Players
23 posts
146 battles

So it has been a while since I last played this game on my desktop (or at all for that matter).

Last year if not even 2 years ago, I went through a three-month bullcr*p with the Helpdesk of this game which yielded no result so I won't even bother to contact them again.

The issue back then was that I always DCd in every match I played in, whether it was on my laptop or my desktop. It has been 2 years and I retried the game again. So far, no issues

on my laptop. So I figured, hey, maybe it works on the desktop now as well. Nope.

First game I immediately get a DC after +- 5 mins. Second match same result. So the issue is at least on my desktop. I shall provide the 'stats'' (whatever they are called and hope someone here is technical enough to perhaps give me an insight why the game (and only this game) DCs everytime on the desktop. I can safely say that it is not my internet. I am on a wire, and we got a 12 MS ping, 300mbps download and 41mbps upload. 

Here are my PC stats:

OP System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001MHz, 4 core('s), 8 logical processors

RAM: 16GB

Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

If I need to list anything more let me know. I am honestly at a loss on how to fix this. I re-installed the game, I am not using any mods. I don't get an error code either. The game acts as if the Internet shut off. For a second or three, the ships no longer move and I can only move my guns, then the screen jumps to the log-in screen of the game.

Players
23 posts
146 battles
4 minutes ago, siramra said:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/all-in-ones-349502--1/envy-27-all-in-one-349515--1#!&tab=vao

Like this.

Reason for me asking is u didn't provide GPU type. And all in one desktops aren't good platforms for gaming.

I would assume you mean this: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
The PC is custom build though I doubt that has anything to do with it.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
681 posts
26 minutes ago, RADM_Eclipsenight said:

I would assume you mean this: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
The PC is custom build though I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Must be blind since I didn't see that. My bad. Lol

I however had this crashing going on 2 patches ago. That was a bug.

I do however have many microcrashes loading into a battle in this patch.

And others have had DCs and microcrashes from patches to patches.

The weird part is that u have issues on your pc but not laptop, but still.....I had an issue a few years ago with Armored Warfare were I just got DCs for no reason.

Reinstalled game, sent "stats" to support. Installed logging so they could check etc etc. And it turned out to be my router. Router firewalled the game.

So I ended up with port forwarding AW and problem was solved.

Players
23 posts
146 battles
2 minutes ago, siramra said:

Must be blind since I didn't see that. My bad. Lol

I however had this crashing going on 2 patches ago. That was a bug.

I do however have many microcrashes loading into a battle in this patch.

And others have had DCs and microcrashes from patches to patches.

Grapichs etc are up to date? Mods?

The weird part is that u have issues on your pc but not laptop, but still.....I had an issue a few years ago with Armored Warfare were I just got DCs for no reason.

Reinstalled game, sent "stats" to support. Installed logging so they could check etc etc. And it turned out to be my router. Router firewalled the game.

So I ended up with port forwarding AW and problem was solved.

How do you port forward AW? I am not really technical so I have no idea what you mean x3

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
681 posts
5 minutes ago, RADM_Eclipsenight said:

How do you port forward AW? I am not really technical so I have no idea what you mean x3

U have to contact support and get them to give u the ports they use and then u have to manually put it in.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&q=how+to+port+forward

I'm not saying this is the reason. But it's worth trying.

Players
23 posts
146 battles
Just now, siramra said:

U have to contact support and get them to give u the ports they use and then u have to manually put it in.

This looks familiar, I think we already did that in the time I first contacted them. Didn't work in this case. We have been dealing with my issue for 3 months before I gave up, their incompetence was just slowly putting me in an asylum. Also because I always got a different person helping me instead of just 1

Players
23 posts
146 battles
2 hours ago, siramra said:

I'm not saying this is the reason. But it's worth trying.

Well, I did what you mentioned and I still have the same issue sadly. So I know it has nothing to do with firewall or ports or whatever.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles
35 minutes ago, RADM_Eclipsenight said:

Well, I did what you mentioned and I still have the same issue sadly. So I know it has nothing to do with firewall or ports or whatever.

Do you use WLAN? Maybe there are some issues

Players
23 posts
146 battles
12 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Do you use WLAN? Maybe there are some issues

Nope, no issues there. I am connected via cable and as mentioned before, in terms of Connection there are no issues.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles

You could try to start in the safe mode of Warships. There is an arrow at the play button  in the download client to switch the mode. Not sure if this can reveal anything.

Otherwise, did you wrote the technical support?

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles
2 hours ago, RADM_Eclipsenight said:

Nope, no issues there. I am connected via cable and as mentioned before, in terms of Connection there are no issues.

I found this for checking the connection, while gaming, I would try it

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10252/

Players
23 posts
146 battles
12 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

You could try to start in the safe mode of Warships. There is an arrow at the play button  in the download client to switch the mode. Not sure if this can reveal anything.

Otherwise, did you wrote the technical support?

1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I found this for checking the connection, while gaming, I would try it

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10252/

I did write them two years ago, but if you ever want to see a more perfect example of a company hiring people who have 0 ideas what they are doing at a helpdesk, then Wargaming is your client. When I came to them the first time with this issue, it was a (and I am really not exaggerating) 3 months rollercoaster of troubleshooting and literally doing 15 times the same thing we already tried and for some idiotic reason, they thought doing the same thing over and over again would solve the issue. I will try safe mode tomorrow, but I am very certain that won't help either since it didn't help back then as well. The same goes for the Pingplotter, I think I gave them about 10 times the result of it.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles
1 minute ago, RADM_Eclipsenight said:

I did write them two years ago, but if you ever want to see a more perfect example of a company hiring people who have 0 ideas what they are doing at a helpdesk, then Wargaming is your client. When I came to them the first time with this issue, it was a (and I am really not exaggerating) 3 months rollercoaster of troubleshooting and literally doing 15 times the same thing we already tried and for some idiotic reason, they thought doing the same thing over and over again would solve the issue. I will try safe mode tomorrow, but I am very certain that won't help either since it didn't help back then as well. The same goes for the Pingplotter, I think I gave them about 10 times the result of it.

Ah, well. Maybe you should ust try to consult the support again, maybe it changed the years over? ;)

And maybe describe the issues and what you tryed with ping plotter and so on already, otherwise they will recommend to do the same stuff again. Guess when you tell them that, they have to think about other solution from the beginning.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles

Also open the task manager while gaming and check your CPU usage!

Players
23 posts
146 battles
15 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Also open the task manager while gaming and check your CPU usage!

Safe mode didn't work and according to the task manager, the Processor works for 20%, Memory for 41%, Disk C 1% (where the game is installed) and GPU 52%

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles
34 minutes ago, RADM_Eclipsenight said:

Safe mode didn't work and according to the task manager, the Processor works for 20%, Memory for 41%, Disk C 1% (where the game is installed) and GPU 52%

Hmm, I actually think it's something with the connecntion or a virus.

What about the drivers?

Players
23 posts
146 battles
2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Hmm, I actually think it's something with the connecntion or a virus.

What about the drivers?

Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with the connection. PC is virus-clean. It would be very odd that after 2 years the same virus would have remained and none of my virus-scanners finds any anomalies. The drivers are fine as well, they are barely three years old. And updated.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles

How about port forwarding for the router?

Otherwise I would write everything up, what you did and tell that the support. Write it well, short and easy to read, so they can really focus on the issue, like

Short description of the issue like that you get disconnects after starting a match, then a checklist like that:

• I contacted the support a while a go, but they couldn't solve the issue
  • I updated my drivers
  • I checked my PC for virus
  • I started the game in the safe mode of the game
  • I re-installed the game
  • I checked the CPU and GPU Usage (x% is low etc)
  • I tryed it on desktop PC and laptop (Did I read that correctly, you tryed it on two different clients?)
  • I used the pingplotter and sent the results to the support at the last time
  • I contacted the forum for help

Just write up every point, guess that would help the support a lot and reduces also a lot time to figure it out

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles

TCP-Gameports: 80, 443, 20020, 32800-32811

UDP-Gameports: 20013, 20014, 20018, 20020, 32800-32816

Source is Wargaming support site

Players
23 posts
146 battles
2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

How about port forwarding for the router?

Otherwise I would write everything up, what you did and tell that the support. Write it well, short and easy to read, so they can really focus on the issue, like

Just write up every point, guess that would help the support a lot and reduces also a lot time to figure it out

We did the ports already, and I am really, REALLY not going to poke the support any time soon. Those people have no idea what they are doing. What you listed I had done before, but those braindead hamsters have no idea what they are doing. So I would rather first ask the community itself and if they don't manage to help me find a solution I will not bother with my desktop anymore and just won't play the game anymore on it. Hence my laptop at least works. You know what's the real screamer? The parts that I got for this desktop were all sponsored by Wargaming. And then to think it isn't even working properly on their own game!

So yea, long story short, I will not go to customer support, I already got the flu going on, I don't need that tumour along with it.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles
2 minutes ago, RADM_Eclipsenight said:

We did the ports already, and I am really, REALLY not going to poke the support any time soon. Those people have no idea what they are doing. What you listed I had done before, but those braindead hamsters have no idea what they are doing. So I would rather first ask the community itself and if they don't manage to help me find a solution I will not bother with my desktop anymore and just won't play the game anymore on it. Hence my laptop at least works. You know what's the real screamer? The parts that I got for this desktop were all sponsored by Wargaming. And then to think it isn't even working properly on their own game!

So yea, long story short, I will not go to customer support, I already got the flu going on, I don't need that tumour along with it.

Well, can give you only the two advices:

You search with google if someone have the same issue

or

You just waste the 2 minutes of the time to contact the support. If they can't help, it doesn't matter, but if there is one guy, who now your issue, that it would be worth to waste those 2 minutes? I mean it can't harm you and is just an additional chance to solve the problem

Guess it's not about the hardware

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles

I found this:

I just posted this in another topic but here are a few things you can try. First,  is a cold shutdown.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:33 PM, SnipeySnipes said:

I would do a cold shutdown and restart. I have had to do this a few times both due to the new version of the game and Windows 10 1803. I have seen quite a few memory leak issues. With that said, in order to a true shutdown with Windows 10, you'll need to go to Settings > System > Power and Sleep > Click on Additional Power Settings > Choose What the power buttons do and UNcheck Turn on Fast Startup. NOW your computer will actually shut down and you can clear bugged things out of memory.

Second, if you haven't already, do a reboot of your Modem & or Router - full power cycle - Unplug, count to 5 and plug it back in.

Third, flush your DNS cache. Do this by running Command Prompt as Administrator (in Windows 10, press your windows key, type in CMD and right click on the result (should be Command Prompt) > Run as Administrator. Next, type in ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter. Type in exit and enter or just close the window once it's complete.

Sign in to follow this