Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Luisjes_Pluisjes

Battleship against Cruiser or Destroyer

50 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3 posts
2,464 battles

:Smile-angry:

It is ridiculous that a destroyer or cruiser  is almost not hampered  when hit by 5 HE shells of a battleship while the Battleship is in fire immediately after one hit!

In real life a destroyer would be almost out of action after one hit, what would be after five hits. 

The last few days the destroyer wins every time while i hit it several times with HE shells.

This no fun anymore!

  • Funny 10
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,737 posts
7,935 battles

In real life you wouldn't be able to afford BB to start with. And then you would be scared shitless to lose it.

 

And I guess you conveniently missed damage done by 5 HE shells, focusing solely on "fires, fires everywhere". Where I left that BBingo again?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
16,349 posts
11,323 battles
  • using HE on cruisers is usually a bad idea, learn when to use AP
  • NO DD takes 5 HE hits of a BB easily, that REALLY hurts
  • if a fire on your BB bothers you, you are playing the wrong class, a heal can counter nearly two fires, three on some BB
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEEET]
Players
1,213 posts
11,849 battles

Isn't the chance of setting a fire far greater with BB HE than with a DD or CA?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,609 posts
6,356 battles

5 HE hits to a DD -> close to 9k damage as i recall

 

Spoiler

shot-18_11_27_23_27.14-0777.thumb.jpg.c45c9547722ad08530e1e6765d0d7190.jpg

 

8 minutes ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

cruiser  is almost not hampered  when hit by 5 HE shells of a battleship while the Battleship is in fire immediately after one hit!

 

1. If you shoot HE at a Cruiser you are almost guaranteed doing it wrong

2. Thats RNG. Also fires dont hurt DDs/Cruisers as much, the sheer HE alpha damage hurts them much more (good against DDs, still bad against Cruisers compared to AP)

 

10 minutes ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

In real life a destroyer would be almost out of action after one hit, what would be after five hits.  

 

In real life, Battleship almost hits nothing.

 

11 minutes ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

The last few days the destroyer wins every time while i hit it several times with HE shells. 

 

This isnt a 1v1. If that happens often, you are doing it wrong.

Either you are too aggressiv = rushing a DD, then you deserve it anyway

Or you are last one around alive, then you let your team down and deserve it aswell :fish_book:

 

On a sidenote i agree:

Rushing a BB with a DD became too easy after the AP change. It went from one extreme to the other, middleground would be better.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOTS]
Players
846 posts
7,773 battles
12 minutes ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

:Smile-angry:

It is ridiculous that a destroyer or cruiser  is almost not hampered  when hit by 5 HE shells of a battleship while the Battleship is in fire immediately after one hit!

In real life a destroyer would be almost out of action after one hit, what would be after five hits. 

The last few days the destroyer wins every time while i hit it several times with HE shells.

This no fun anymore!

Actually, 5 BB HE shells will deal about 9-10k damage to a destroyer. Thats serious even for T10 DDs. In real life there would be dozens of DDs for every BB in the field. Imagine youre fighting a whole division of DDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,638 posts
2,914 battles
4 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

Isn't the chance of setting a fire far greater with BB HE than with a DD or CA?

Nope, a lot less. BBs have usually ~30% fire chance PER SHELL, and they're not shooting that fast or that many.

Besides that, fires last longer on BBs than they do on CLs and DDs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
219 posts
5,749 battles
20 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

Isn't the chance of setting a fire far greater with BB HE than with a DD or CA?

Yeah, it's only the % chance for one shell. The BB is firing 2 salvos per minute, the CA 13 salvos per minute (Worcester), and the DD 20 salvos per minute (Harugamo).

 

When you think about it the BB HE shell has a huge amount of explosive charge compared to the others so the % chance should be higher to reflect history, and needs to be considerably higher for in-game balance.

 

But in terms of setting fires per minute the BB comes bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,769 posts
7,427 battles
21 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Yeah, it's only the % chance for one shell. The BB is firing 2 salvos per minute, the CA 13 salvos per minute (Worcester), and the DD 20 salvos per minute (Harugamo).

 

But remember that with BB you're mostly talking about 8-12 guns and whilst that's similar to CA with DD it's mostly 4-6 guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,224 posts
2,552 battles
1 hour ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

II real life ....

This is not a simulation.

 

And .. Your BB is on fire. NP let it burn and then use your heal, and you get the HP back.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,638 posts
2,914 battles
7 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

But remember that with BB you're mostly talking about 8-12 guns and whilst that's similar to CA with DD it's mostly 4-6 guns.

Then compare the dispersion and the BB gets halved again against small targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
2,464 battles
53 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

5 HE hits to a DD -> close to 9k damage as i recall

 

  Reveal hidden contents

shot-18_11_27_23_27.14-0777.thumb.jpg.c45c9547722ad08530e1e6765d0d7190.jpg

 

 

1. If you shoot HE at a Cruiser you are almost guaranteed doing it wrong

2. Thats RNG. Also fires dont hurt DDs/Cruisers as much, the sheer HE alpha damage hurts them much more (good against DDs, still bad against Cruisers compared to AP)

 

 

In real life, Battleship almost hits nothing.

 

 

This isnt a 1v1. If that happens often, you are doing it wrong.

Either you are too aggressiv = rushing a DD, then you deserve it anyway

Or you are last one around alive, then you let your team down and deserve it aswell :fish_book:

 

On a sidenote i agree:

Rushing a BB with a DD became too easy after the AP change. It went from one extreme to the other, middleground would be better.

I know what a shell do, AP-HE-Brisant. I worked with all of them. One hit of 12cm HE shell fired from frigate to another frigate caused all lot of damage. I have seen with my own eyes what a HE shell does fired from a Battle ship. What we call a near-miss cause even more damage than a direct hit. The near-miss will hamper all machinery in real life, but in this game nothing. So this game is far from reality. 

What also is called: the invisibility of the destroyers. Really [edited] in this game. In other words the destroyer is far overpowered in comparising the real life.

Shooting with HE on destroyers and cruisers will occur much more damage than AP. AP will fly through the ship and will do almost no damage at all.

Therefore this game is far from reality if you know what shells do in real life!

  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,525 posts
9,851 battles
6 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Then compare the dispersion and the BB gets halved again against small targets.

 

But those targets aren't going to be fitting their ships and skilling their captains against fires.

 

Nor do they have a repair able to most if not fully negate it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,525 posts
9,851 battles
Just now, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

I know what a shell do, AP-HE-Brisant. I worked with all of them. One hit of 12cm HE shell fired from frigate to another frigate caused all lot of damage. I have seen with my own eyes what a HE shell does fired from a Battle ship. What we call a near-miss cause even more damage than a direct hit. The near-miss will hamper all machinery in real life, but in this game nothing. So this game is far from reality. 

What also is called: the invisibility of the destroyers. Really [edited] in this game. In other words the destroyer is far overpowered in comparising the real life.

Shooting with HE on destroyers and cruisers will occur much more damage than AP. AP will fly through the ship and will do almost no damage at all.

Therefore this game is far from reality if you know what shells do in real life!

 

So make it realistic:

 

Every DD player gets 15-20 DDs to use against your single BB.

 

Also, CVs gets to launch ALL of their planes and attack you with them at the same time.

 

Also you don't get a magic button to fix massive holes, or to magicly regenerate burned out parts of the ship.

 

Ie, you're just another "buh buh realism" hypocrite.

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,638 posts
2,914 battles
1 minute ago, AgarwaenME said:

 

But those targets aren't going to be fitting their ships and skilling their captains against fires.

 

Nor do they have a repair able to most if not fully negate it.

AH, but have you reckoned a BB that has used the repair will burn for 60 secs, while a CL/DD will not?

Sure you canspec into it... a DD can, too. It's a matter of choice. 

Granted a DD will not. It burns only 15 ceconds or so, and has faster cooldown on repair.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,525 posts
9,851 battles
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

AH, but have you reckoned a BB that has used the repair will burn for 60 secs, while a CL/DD will not?

Sure you canspec into it... a DD can, too. It's a matter of choice. 

Granted a DD will not. It burns only 15 ceconds or so, and has faster cooldown on repair.

 

 

Sure, but that DD/CL will have a massive detection debuff while burning, and his hp won't be recoverable (with a exceptions).


And survivability rates for ships shows this difference. BBs are in no way in a bad position in this regard.

 

But yes, it's a bit of a stretch to even compare such. That a BB that can just delete a CL in a single AP salvo, can't easily make it permaburn with HE is pretty much a moot point. Better to compare each ships actual chance to carry games while using their ships in a proper way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAIN]
Players
105 posts
10,084 battles

Sitting back and playing the BB bingo on this thread :cap_popcorn:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,580 posts
13,490 battles

"I real life!!" Best argument ppl ever use on the forums. "In real life BB 5 HE would tear a DD apart... REEEEEEE". 

 

Guess what sunshine. Wows is not real life. Its an Arcade video game. Also. In real life your BB's don't exist anymore. Just as museums so they would not hurt a DD at all.. Kek. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,458 battles
17 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

"I real life!!" Best argument ppl ever use on the forums. "In real life BB 5 HE would tear a DD apart... REEEEEEE". 

 

Guess what sunshine. Wows is not real life. Its an Arcade video game. Also. In real life your BB's don't exist anymore. Just as museums so they would not hurt a DD at all.. Kek. 

 

You know what - OPs fantasy doesnt work from any angle. We might aswell tell him, what would happen, if his "reality idea" goes through, it would be something like this:

If BB became so powerful, that it can stomp on every class and they could do nothing - nobody, especially the good players, would play DDs or Cruisers or CVs anymore. So it would be World of BBs, 12vs12 BBs fighting each other. You know what? THATS when the real problem starts for players like @Luisjes_Pluisjes ! So better think about what you wish for...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,920 posts
12,744 battles
1 hour ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

:Smile-angry:

It is ridiculous that a destroyer or cruiser  is almost not hampered  when hit by 5 HE shells of a battleship

Show me a screenshot where you hit a DD with 5 HE shells and didn't hamper him...

1 hour ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

while the Battleship is in fire immediately after one hit!

This is called RNG. It happened once. If you're claiming it happens every time then I'll refer you to "confirmation bias".

1 hour ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

In real life a destroyer would be almost out of action after one hit, what would be after five hits. 

In real life a BB would hardly hit anything.

1 hour ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

The last few days the destroyer wins every time while i hit it several times with HE shells.

This no fun anymore!

For starters, you don't have to go duel with DDs in a BB. Shooting them whenever they pop up is a good practice ( keep it up !) but you don't need to actively go hunt them.

So how a DD "wins" everytime?? Define: "wins".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,554 battles
20 hours ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

I know what a shell do, AP-HE-Brisant. I worked with all of them. One hit of 12cm HE shell fired from frigate to another frigate caused all lot of damage. I have seen with my own eyes what a HE shell does fired from a Battle ship. What we call a near-miss cause even more damage than a direct hit. The near-miss will hamper all machinery in real life, but in this game nothing. So this game is far from reality. 

What also is called: the invisibility of the destroyers. Really [edited] in this game. In other words the destroyer is far overpowered in comparising the real life.

Shooting with HE on destroyers and cruisers will occur much more damage than AP. AP will fly through the ship and will do almost no damage at all.

Therefore this game is far from reality if you know what shells do in real life!

 

You don't understand that this game isn't a simulation!

It's a shooter/arcade game played with ships!

So don't bother us with your "but in real life" phrases!

*Edited

Edited by Scarfy_2018
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to flaming
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,638 posts
2,914 battles
1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

Sure, but that DD/CL will have a massive detection debuff while burning, and his hp won't be recoverable (with a exceptions).

So will a BB... massive detection range when on fire.

But yes HP from fire is recoverable, to a degree. 

 

1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

And survivability rates for ships shows this difference. BBs are in no way in a bad position in this regard.

Nope much better. DDs are the counter for BBs though.

 

1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

But yes, it's a bit of a stretch to even compare such. That a BB that can just delete a CL in a single AP salvo, can't easily make it permaburn with HE is pretty much a moot point. Better to compare each ships actual chance to carry games while using their ships in a proper way.

I'm not comparing... somebody started here to say fire is so damaging to DDs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
16,349 posts
11,323 battles
1 hour ago, Luisjes_Pluisjes said:

 So this game is far from reality.

Really? What was the clue? The repair button on your ship or the 20 minute games where almost all ships get sunk?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×