Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dolph_fin

Weekend warriors

6 comments in this topic

[XMTS]
Players
6 posts
13,821 battles

I see a lot of mentions of weekend warriors (vastly biased to complaints about the own team) in the in-game chat. While it might be true in some instances that the team is constructed of a significantly higher proportion of less experienced players in comparison to the opposing team it is equally true that the enemy team has a similar obstacle equally as often (statistically) as the own team. To me this means that blaming too much on "weekend warriors" is a moot point in the long run since one would win as much as loose due to the same factor. "Weekend warriors", in the used sense, would/could (would = statistically and could = randomly) actually increase the chances of a better player to comparatively perform better and actually increase their chance of winning and getting more credits/XP/whatever since their skill would/could contribute a relatively larger benefit to their own teams overall skill than it would without "weekend warriors". If a better player is unable to adapt to a to them already known cycle in the environment (in this case weekend) then maybe that should be the next target for their personal in-game development instead of blaming it on others.

Those are my thoughts. What are your thoughts?

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

There used to be a noticable dip in gameplay quality over weekends in previous times when the overall skill average of the playerbase was higher closer to the games release, but these days I see no difference between weekends and during the week. Enough badies around to fill all days of the week.

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
18 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

There used to be a noticable dip in gameplay quality over weekends in previous times when the overall skill average of the playerbase was higher closer to the games release, but these days I see no difference between weekends and during the week. Enough badies around to fill all days of the week.

....do  not agree with you there: weekends i always loose some 95% on my battles...have to make good for that on other days. but then again...look at the bigger picture here: what does "unbalanced-teams" actually mean? ...it means lots of influx new players, still having to learn some things (but they will, in time, for sure)...means if during weekends we would face balanced teams (=battles), same time that would mean NO INFLUX(!).....so...I have no problems with unbalanced-teams...not at all...influx i prefer, afterall this is an excellent great game

Sign in to follow this