You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Negativvv

Prem CV Rework??

40 comments in this topic

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Yes it's yet another CV rework topic but I'm hearing almost nothing about the various Prem CVs that are part of the rework. Saipan, Kaga, Enterprise and GZ.

Stats for them, planes etc etc?

Surely something that's literally weeks away from a release should have a bit more information?

Do WG actually have anything in mind or will they just make something up last min? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 7

[BYOB]
Players
3,467 posts
12,395 battles
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Thanks bro, although bearing in mind that someone who owns those CVs has invested a lot of money in them I'm thinking shouldn't WG have had more information on their news or even sent owners of the ships emails?

Like I'm on the forums etc but I had stillno idea what was in store for my Prems...

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
Players
3,467 posts
12,395 battles
1 minute ago, Negativvv said:

Thanks bro, although bearing in mind that someone who owns those CVs has invested a lot of money in them I'm thinking shouldn't WG have had more information on their news or even sent owners of the ships emails?

Like I'm on the forums etc but I had stillno idea what was in store for my Prems...

You are preaching to the choir here. WG has an atrocious customer relations department and they just can't communicate in a way that is professional. It's sad but true.

The only way to be certain about things is to constantly look for them and remain vigilant. Because crumbs of information fall everywhere, instead of being delivered directly.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

They are clearly not ready at all for 0.8.0

Should be put back to Spring atleast if not later to iron out all the issues they're coming across.

Like Long Range AA being weak, the Automatic DCP for simpletons and probably loads of other things I can't think to mention now :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
1,910 posts
6,248 battles

All i know for the prem cvs is sapian and kaga are going up a tier, but i havent done my research on the matter to be fair. 

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,724 posts
14,669 battles

The torp damage given on the blog is way excessive, so I'm not sure how reliable these stats are. They don't follow the format of the other CVs posted either.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

The torp damage given on the blog is way excessive, so I'm not sure how reliable these stats are. They don't follow the format of the other CVs posted either.

Thing is it's fairly common knowledge that WG don't like to mess around with Prems that much.

So anything they decide on for the Prem CVs might be final, which would make things interesting when you look at the state of the rework.

Or they'll announce months long GZ style owners only test groups for every Prem Carrier:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[WGB]
Players
2,096 posts
26,584 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

None confirmed stats are never reliable, the stats on the blog are API stats from gamemodels3d and changes will obviously be made when ST's get their hands on the ships.

All I have done is show the "latest" stats from gm3d as stated in the headline to look more presentable for us common folk. 

• Cool 4

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,551 posts
6,887 battles

Kage gets HE bombs? :Smile_sad:

I like the AP bombs :(

And what's really weird: Tier 6 B7A, but T7 D1A??? How can be D1A a higher tier than B7A xD

Hope they will change the Dive bomber

Also the alpha damage of the Kaga is low compared to the other CVs?

[WGB]
Players
2,096 posts
26,584 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

You are preaching to the choir here. WG has an atrocious customer relations department and they just can't communicate in a way that is professional. It's sad but true.

The only way to be certain about things is to constantly look for them and remain vigilant. Because crumbs of information fall everywhere, instead of being delivered directly.

100% agree, WG never ever give it's player-base enough time to prepare, they dribble little bits of info to keep us amused, Info on these massive changes should be published daily, either on the Devs FB Page or here on the forums, but instead we get watered down rubbish like Waterline, yet nothing daily on Devs Blog.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,841 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Pikkozoikum sagte:

Kage gets HE bombs? :Smile_sad:

I like the AP bombs :(

Kaga always had HE bombs. Are you confusing something?

• Cool 1

[PORT]
Modder
1,588 posts
11,603 battles

Thanks for sharing.

Now I'm curious about the drop-pattern of the Torpedobombers and the ellipse/circle of the Dropbombers. :fish_cute_2:

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

Seems a bit odd with biplane divebombers on KAGA vs the Douglas AD-2 Skyraider on Saipan to be honest

[RAIN]
Players
105 posts
10,084 battles

I hope the refund for the premiumn cv’s is going to last long enough so that I can test the new Cv’s first and after that make up my mind on keeping them or not, I didn’t really follow the information about that yet.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,551 posts
6,887 battles
8 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Kaga always had HE bombs. Are you confusing something?

Japanese have AP bombs as national trait with the rework

Players
1,053 posts
7,988 battles
51 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Seems a bit odd with biplane divebombers on KAGA vs the Douglas AD-2 Skyraider on Saipan to be honest

Yup, the Saipan is a very good fit for Tier 8 considering she was really a post-WW2 CV with modern planes. But it's odd to me they're using an obsolete biplane DB on the Kaga -- while the TB's and rocket planes are late-war models and fitting Tier 8.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,551 posts
6,887 battles
1 minute ago, jss78 said:

Yup, the Saipan is a very good fit for Tier 8 considering she was really a post-WW2 CV with modern planes. But it's odd to me they're using an obsolete biplane DB on the Kaga -- while the TB's and rocket planes are late-war models and fitting Tier 8.

Dunno why they don't take the D3A, would fit perfectly

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
19 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Dunno why they don't take the D3A, would fit perfectly

However it could be a typo in the stats. Probably is-

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,551 posts
6,887 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

However it could be a typo in the stats. Probably is-

Mmh, hope so. But the D3A is the stock plane for T6, which I also don't like. They should change the D1 as stock plane for T6

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,356 posts
12,566 battles

Nice topic, was wondering about the fate of the "uneven" T7 CV's too...

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

Would be nice if those who actually have these ships could get a chance to test them on the test server.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,551 posts
6,887 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

Would be nice if those who actually have these ships could get a chance to test them on the test server.

As long as I know: You will be able to test them on the live server and still be able to refund them. So there is some time. I also hope that the prem CVs will be avaiable in test round 2

[WGB]
Players
2,096 posts
26,584 battles
34 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

As long as I know: You will be able to test them on the live server and still be able to refund them. So there is some time. I also hope that the prem CVs will be avaiable in test round 2

I presume we will get until 0.8.1 to request a refund, no matter how many times you test your Re-Worked CV's in port.

• Cool 1