You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
antean

CV player Poll

CV play Poll  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play RTS (current) CVs?

2. 2. If a RTS (current) CV player will you play the reworked CVs?

3. 3. If a RTS (current) CV player will you quit WoWS due to the reworked CVs being placed in the game?

4. 4. Do you think the new reworked CVs will harm or improve WoWS?

5. 5. Will you play the new reworked CVs?

23 comments in this topic

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles

This poll is intended to give player feedback to WoWS regarding opinions on CV play.

I attempted to phrase all questions without bias. Please vote once on all questions.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles

My answers: Y, N, N, Harm & N - does this make me N? (for negative? I don't think so). These are my specific opinions on these questions.

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles

I can't really answer this. At question 1: I díd play the RTS CVs occasionally. I would definitely play them more often if not for the rework that was announced already quite a while ago.

Also: you forgot the word FARCE

• Funny 1

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles
2 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

I can't really answer this

… but you did, lol. You have partially played RTS CVs so you can answer Y there. What I find odd, Robber_Baron, is you think the rework will harm the game but you will play them. Why?

Nice try, lol, to induce me to use my current favourite CAPPED word.

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles
13 minutes ago, antean said:

What I find odd, Robber_Baron, is you think the rework will harm the game but you will play them. Why?

I tested them a bit. I hope they will be further balanced*, if WG wants to keep at least most of their playerbase, and depending on how that goes, and what the CVs will be like at that point, will decide if I will play the new CVs, stay with conventional ships, or quit the game in total.

*I wouldn't mind if WG decided to fix the RTS instead though, I am only afraid that chance is almost non-existent.

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles
2 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

tested them a bit.

So did I. My conclusion is to never play them. I'd have to agree with you on all your other points tho I may not quit the game entirely (tho, maybe, I should like you say you might).

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles

2 & 5 lack the option "will try them", as that's the most chance I plan to give them

3 lacks the option "probably not" which leans more towards "no" than "unsure" without completely excluding it

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

2 & 5 lack the option "will try them", as that's the most chance I plan to give them

3 lacks the option "probably not" which leans more towards "no" than "unsure" without completely excluding it

It is difficult to note/notice all the nuances for proper responses & TY for your input.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,680 battles

Personally, I'll give them a try as soon as the patch goes live; my longer term reaction will depend on how it goes.

• I've played RTS a bit - only 6 battles in randoms, but somewhat more in PvE - it was very obvious very quickly that I was a complete liability against real people.
  • I'll try the new CVs as soon as they're live; if they're utterly catastrophic, I'll switch to PvE (a bit), but mainly tanks, until it seems that significant improvements have happened - however long that takes.
  • If they're anywhere in the meh-good range, I'll probably try and get the hang of them; I like the idea of CVs - the only reason I don't play them currently is the skill gap between me and everyone else (and the importance to match results of that gap).
  • If the new CVs are terrible, but don't impact the other classes, then I'll carry on playing (probably an unlikely outcome).

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,732 posts
7,670 battles

I think we need to calm the feck down is what I think.

• Cool 1

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,554 battles
52 minutes ago, antean said:

This poll is intended to give player feedback to WoWS regarding opinions on CV play.

I attempted to phrase all questions without bias. Please vote once on all questions.

I have seen your post in another thread:

3 minutes ago, antean said:

Unfortunately, OP, the CV FARCE rework is being forced into WoWS.

Say good-bye to RTS CV gameplay that one actually had to 'learn' to be good at.

Say hello to 'bottom feeder player' CV FARCE rework that even a Chimpanzee could handle (in fact, due to excellent motor skills, the Chimp would be better, lol)

And you will tell you are not biased when you tell players which like this change are like apes?

The currend cv play is a farce as it don't fit into the game at all, so it's good it will be changed.

If someone think he will stop playing then don't bother me, who will go should do it!

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,537 posts
6,883 battles
7 minutes ago, Arakus said:

I have seen your post in another thread:

And you will tell you are not biased when you tell players which like this change are like apes?

The currend cv play is a farce as it don't fit into the game at all, so it's good it will be changed.

If someone think he will stop playing then don't bother me, who will go should do it!

giphy.gif

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,381 posts
18,949 battles

<-- doesn't like public polls!

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,695 posts
14,617 battles
28 minutes ago, Arakus said:

Regardless of the OPs personal opinion, is the poll biased?

If not, then what are you even yammering about?

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Players
2,096 posts
26,566 battles

Question 3 was easy, 

3. If a RTS (current) CV player will you quit WoWS due to the reworked CVs being placed in the game?

I wouldn't quit a game because of a change, I would constantly voice my displeasure to try to get the change reversed, until then, I would just play a different class of ship.

It will be very interesting to see if those that did say they would quit, show some honour and pride and keep to their word, or just become another @Dirty_Dunc of the EU Forum (A voice nobody takes serious).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WCWVE]
Players
846 posts
12,669 battles

I have played the RTS type carriers and will continue with them because of the historic significance of the aircraft carrier, however, once I have completed the grind through the ranks of ships with the rework, unless mission a mission specifically states that it can only be done in a CV, they will remain port queens, hopefully I will complete the current US CV (on Essex currently and have more than 1 million FXP, just waiting for the requisite credits) line before the rework arrives in all its dreadful splendour as so will not need to grind until the requisite missions for the British CV's as the rework is appalling  

Players
1,133 posts
245 battles

I will try them once they come out to see how they are and how they perform.

judging from current footage of the cv rework im not looking forward to the changes in either surface or cv ships.

shame really (waifu got added yorkie). As i thought they would expand apon the rts version and make it less frustrating to use and maybe give more support abilities to help the team out such as, flares, smoke etc. (Just ideas not sure how they would balance any of that).

Beta Tester
3,962 posts
14,653 battles

Right now I rarely play my CVs... usually only either my T4s to annoy some seals and/or their clubbers or anything up to T7 in CoOp for missions asking for planekills or whatever...

After the rework, I will play my T4 CVs (and other T2 to T4 ships) a lot... just to dodge the bullet of getting unwillingly intercoursed by the new CV mechanics in higher tiers myself.

To #4 - this utterly stupid change of game mechanics will cause severe damage to the gameplay. It will take several months trying to iron out any bugs, before WG might (!!!) notice their fault and either pull CVs off the game permanently (which I would despise) or at least until they managed to think of an even more ridiculous mechanic for CVs to implement...

It's really too bad that WG was not able to listen to the experienced CV players, that offered help and advise how to change the current RTS mechanic into something that would have worked.

But hey, what do players know about this game, right? They should just stfu and spend their money on it...

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
826 posts
7,775 battles

I look forward to the new CVs.

I liked the gameplay and I want to shoot down planes in my ships.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles
7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Regardless of the OPs personal opinion, is the poll biased?

If not, then what are you even yammering about?

Some of these intellectually challenged types, El2aZeR, do not seem to be able to let go of their emotional, illogical reactions.

• Bad 1

[GW_KR]
Players
38 posts
5,426 battles

I have played the current rts style cv and it’s ok. Sometimes a relaxing change to normal play. Only played up to t6 though. 

I also tried the new cv’s in PTS. It’s arcade fun..

But in order to do serious damage and sink sink enough ships to have a real impact on the game you have to be good in this new style. I think we will see a lot of new cv players doing very widespread but minimal (per ship) damage. The AA is more realistic this way as it won’t be a ”no go zone” as it is now around a Mino or a Worchester etc. 

DD s will be spotted more frequently, yes. But it’s hard to hit them with torps, rockets or bombs. A US squadron used to have 6 torpedoes that might be hard to dodge, but the new dquadron have only 3? An old style cv had several squadrons to disperse around the map but now it will be 1 per cv. And no cv player will hang around a dd spotting it for the team when they can farm damage instead. They cannot do both anymore. I think a 2 cv game right now is harder for any type of ship. 

I havent played higher tier than 6 though and they might be different. 

So I say, wait and see. This might be more rejuvenating for the game than you think. 

• Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles

Well, close to 100 votes so what can be concluded by this mini poll?

A small 6% say they will quit WoWS outright once the  CV rework goes live. WG will see if that is the actual %. Some here question if these players will actually do so.

An equal 7% responded they will never play a CV (whether RTS or reworked). Their choice although they miss 25% of the game, by doing so.

Only 17% of RTS CV players say they will not play the reworked CVs. I imagine WG can accept that drop in CV player numbers.

39% of RTS CV players say they will play the new reworked CVs so WG can count on that many CV players continuing to play CVs.

Approximately 25% (24,19 & 28) of respondents are Unsure about their answer. WG can count on considerable confusion as to the actual number of new reworked CV players.

A whopping 74% say they will continue to play WoWS regardless of the CVs being altered. I am sure WG has counted on this high %.

However, & here is the 'kicker' - 54% (slightly over half) of respondents still think the new reworked CVs will 'harm' WoWS.

As WG is continuing with the reworked CVs, one has to conclude that this risk to WG is acceptable or, alternately, WG thinks this potential 'harm' won't matter in the long term.

[KURLA]
Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

Quit? I'm gonna abuse the crap out of the rework. The only way to fix a fundamentally broken concept is to break it beyond the point of repair.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1