Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zymeth

Unlimited plans vs current CV

18 comments in this topic

Players
24 posts
1,656 battles

Hello,

i wanted to share some thing about new CV vs current CV.

In new gameplay CV cant:

- Cross torps

- Spot more ship then one (perma spot)

- Split attack

- Do a lot of damage cuz u have one groupe

- Spot torpedo

Example Midway - without any mods

0.7.12 Total planes  0.8.0 Total planes
TB 6x2 = 12 planes (1710 hp) 3x3 = 9 (2860 hp)
DB 6x2 = 12 planes (2070 hp) 3x4 = 12 (2970 hp)
  Total HP in attack Total HP in attack
TB 20520 25740
DB 24840 35640

i didnt include rocket cuz this is new type of plane. 

Summary planes are stronger in 0.8.0 (have more hp) but CV cant send all TB and DB on enemy ship at the same time like before.

1. Worcester AA

73 DPS - 2km range // 345 DPS - 5km range // 121 DPS - 6km range

In 0.7.12 Worcester is attacked by 12 TB and 12 DB this mean he need to deal 45360 damage if he is very unlucky (because every single damage to planes can kil it)

In 0.8.0 Worcester is attacked only by 9 TB or 12 DB this mean he need to deal 25740 damage or 35640 damage then less.

2. Worcester is attacked by 24 planes TB&DB and attack will takes like 20 sec

- in first 4 sec he would deal 484 or with manual click 629 

- in next 12 sec he would deal 5592  + 484 or with manual click 7269 + 629 

- in last 4 sec he would deal 2156 + 5592  + 484 or with manual click 2802  + 7269  + 629 

Summary 8232 or 10700  with manual click and with DFAA it will be 32928/42800 damage

In normal situation when DFAA is on all 24 planes are dead because i said above with every sec the chance are higher and higher to shot plane but even if not only few can be on him but will die in returning way. Ofc if DFAA is off then CV have chance to deal damage on him but still it will lose most planes.

In current gameplay even if Worcester deal 10700 before drop he could in theory kill 24 planes.

3. What goes wrong with new patch

a) In 0.8.0 damage of AA is diffrent if i remeber correctly but anyway Worcester will do like 8232 damage before attack this will give him from 0 to 2/3 planes kills.

why 0 cuz damage can split to all planes and this sucks...

b) Sector mode is bad design (it can grant damage or worse even)

c) Unlimited planes well there should be amount cuz AA can be destroyed

Example Midway have 132 planes it is like 48 rocket / 36 TB / 48 DB with this hp pool i think it is fine and sorry if u lose your all planes u just played bad or just outplayed...

d) DFAA nerfed to much just...

e) Plane like ships should have fire dot

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,744 posts

From Sub_Octavion on reddit

2 hours ago, Sigimundus said:

[PSA] 0.8.0 PTS - AA and CV vs other classes balance

aQQJ0QN.png

• Bad 1

Players
24 posts
1,656 battles

Sure but still they dont want to change this unlimited planes to normal amount... Solution like add more hp to AA is kinda meh... 

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
661 posts
21,439 battles
2 minutes ago, Zymeth said:

Sure but still they dont want to change this unlimited planes to normal amount... Solution like add more hp to AA is kinda meh... 

so you want to be able to obliterate planes before they even drop you at all ? sounds perfectly fine... 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
4,678 posts
9,476 battles
5 minutes ago, Zymeth said:

Read it again please, the mid and long range aa dmg will be modified, the surviveability of aa mounts will be untouched as it already had been tweaked twice in the past. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
24 posts
1,656 battles
2 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

so you want to be able to obliterate planes before they even drop you at all ? sounds perfectly fine... 

Nope in current gameplay it is broken cuz it can happen.

Btw u have 20k battles then if u will play this new CV u will know what kind of planes u need to pick first and what ship attack first. yep ?

This mean u will attack this Worcester at very late when his AA will be broken yep ?

Then if u played cleaver u dont lose planes yep ? Even if u have a lot more in your hangar. 

This mean u need to think how to play... I just think ship with best AA could be a counter to CV i didnt say all ship can do it...

• Cool 2

Players
24 posts
1,656 battles
14 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

Read it again please, the mid and long range aa dmg will be modified, the surviveability of aa mounts will be untouched as it already had been tweaked twice in the past. :Smile_honoring:

ok sure but i wanted to say somethink diffrent

Take a DD / CL / BB

- Guns can be perma destroyed  ??

- Torpedo tubes too ?

- Secondary and AA ?

Now image a situation u r playing BB lets say your 2 main turrets are perma broken but still u have a lot of hp (Ofc u only have 2 turrets) , tell me what will u do ? Ram enemy ?

CV with unlimited planes are like BB with non broken guns.

• Cool 1

Players
4,678 posts
9,476 battles

They'll stick with it for now.  It pretty much depends on how much the AA will be buffed / to what Results. Right now you don't have any Issues with the Plane Reload as most Planes will return to your ship. However if you lose a Squad to AA this will be a different Topic. For Example , if you lose a complete Torpedo Squad to AA, you can only start an additional one with 3/4 of the normal Plane Strength and the refill of the shot down planes really hurts ( roughly 1,5 minutes per Plane). It this also gets wiped completely .... well no more TOrp Bombers for you for the next 6-8 Minutes. 

This is also the Reason why they won't touch the "reload" for now, WG assumes that there will be way more dead planes then on the first Testrun. I think the second Round will start next Wednesday, but nothing has been stated so far.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,310 battles
4 hours ago, Zymeth said:

Take a DD / CL / BB

- Torpedo tubes too ?

- Secondary and AA ?

Now image a situation u r playing BB lets say your 2 main turrets are perma broken but still u have a lot of hp (Ofc u only have 2 turrets) , tell me what will u do ? Ram enemy ?

Torpedo tubes can be perma-destroyed.

And think about secondary builds, and that secondaries can also be perma-destroyed.

[IRON7]
Players
837 posts
568 battles

Unfortunately, OP, the CV FARCE rework is being forced into WoWS.

Say good-bye to RTS CV gameplay that one actually had to 'learn' to be good at.

Say hello to 'bottom feeder player' CV FARCE rework *Edited*

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,556 posts
6,887 battles
5 hours ago, Zymeth said:

Nope in current gameplay it is broken cuz it can happen.

Btw u have 20k battles then if u will play this new CV u will know what kind of planes u need to pick first and what ship attack first. yep ?

This mean u will attack this Worcester at very late when his AA will be broken yep ?

Then if u played cleaver u dont lose planes yep ? Even if u have a lot more in your hangar. 

This mean u need to think how to play... I just think ship with best AA could be a counter to CV i didnt say all ship can do it...

The Wooster will be dead, before it loses many AA guns. The AA guns got buffed by 100% in sustain. Now if the new meta hits the live server, an AA-Wooster could taike the Mod for AA, so the AA sustain is about 300%. I played Mogami, got plenty of hits and lost 1% of my smaller aa.

5 hours ago, Zymeth said:

Take a DD / CL / BB

- Torpedo tubes too ?

- Secondary and AA ?

Planes can get destroyed.

You can't destroy the flying shells of the BB with your AA passivly. Neither it increases the reload time of shells. You can't compare it like that. The mechanic is different.

Destroying a BBs guns need shells hitting the guns. That means shells that hit the guns won't damage the Ships HP pool. But AA destroys the flight deck pool of a CV, and that without using your main guns.

-Breaking guns needs main guns, thus dpm suffers

-Destroying planes don't need main guns, dpm stays same

Beside that planes are somehow limited by the flight deck capacity. Is the flight deck emtpy, you can't start new planes until they're reloaded. That leads to that a CV will never have more planes than something around 110

• Bad 1

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,310 battles
42 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I think that the Rework shoud  have been like something like this, not the same thing but similar

Yes, I have fond memories of its predecessor, Battlestations Midway.

It also had a great crew management regarding fires and flooding. Much better than the "instant solution + cooldown afterwards" currently implemented in WoWs.

• Cool 2

Players
1,489 posts
11,023 battles

There is always the possibility they are just using the messed-up balance on the PTS as a marketing tool.

I mean what they have achieved is that everyone is shooting their mouths off and at the same time everyone is craning their necks already for the supposedly upcoming dumpster fire.

A lot of attention, which is what you want in marketing.

Now what if they're really smart and the balance of 0.8.0. is completely not what it is now on the PTS?

I mean I know... but...

charlie brown thanksgiving15.jpg

• Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

The live server is the real test server? :cap_haloween:

I've wondered about AA modules being knocked out too, the usual "we will continue to monitor" answer from WG for answer 2 isn't even funny anymore. 

It's about time AA modules became as strong as main turrets in that they are almost only ever disabled and very difficult to knock out, I know that isn't "realistic" but neither is a f**king Aircraft Carrier with infinite planes and pilots, something like a Langley spawning 40+ planes in the course of a game is so unrealistic that WG might as well make WoWS Sci Fi permanently and give things like Railguns/Plasma cannons :cap_book: 

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,731 posts
14,679 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

The live server is the real test server?

Nah, bots actually play the objective and therefore end the match way too fast so I could practically never farm. T_T

That won't be a problem on the live server tho. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[IRON7]
Players
837 posts
568 battles
14 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Nah, bots actually play the objective and therefore end the match way too fast so I could practically never farm. T_T

That won't be a problem on the live server tho. :Smile_trollface:

I can't say if the test server is the same as I only played a couple of the earlier reworked CV tests, however, El2aZeR, I was able to farm the human reworked CV players quite well.

Yes, the bots played the objectives. I played the objective of hunting & sinking the human reworked CV players. This worked well for me.

As to the live server, I suspect the reworked CVs will be able to be farmed quite easily especially if, as I suspect, the reworked CV players will be, in general, very bad players.

Welcome to the 'Turkey Shoot'.

Sign in to follow this