Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Games Continually Ruined by Bad CV and DD players

35 comments in this topic

Players
76 posts
10,789 battles

This game is great when the teams are equally matched in skills.  But if you happen to have lousy dd, cv or both sets of players on your team ... you may as well forget winning the match.

There are too many games where CV's haven't a clue or where all 4 or 5 dd's on your team suicide ... this results in one sided matches of which there are way too many.

People might say well that's due to the random nature of multiplayer games ... well it isn't because it happens time and time again.

Carriers are totally overpowered and there capabilities shouldn't be placed in the hands of one player ... be they good or bad.  Cariiers should never have been introduced to the game.

Destroyers are  pivotal in capturing areas and yet every other game I see all my team's DD's sunk within 5 minutes .... regardless of tier.  This is complounded when you have four or five of them all dying at the same time .. it really is pathetic to watch.

People say Battleships are the worst players in the game for camping ... they really aren't that title goes to a large percentage of destroyer players as they are the ones who avoid capping, dont  think objectively and die needlessly.

The next time you play take the time to look at your map and watch your destroyers, see how many of theam actually venture anywhere near the cap circle.  Regardless of the stage of the game or the presence of radar ... ust watch what they do and you might find yourself agreeing with me.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 15
  • Bad 3

[OMNI]
Players
151 posts
7,862 battles

Welcome to the online gaming world.
Everybody is just bad, same on MOBA where the healer is not healing you or the tank is not piling.

• Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,254 posts
3,473 battles

-Complains about DD players.

-Has 60% of games in BB.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8

1,513 posts
10,110 battles
7 minutes ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

This game is great when the teams are equally matched in skills.  But if you happen to have lousy dd, cv or both sets of players on your team ... you may as well forget winning the match.

There are too many games where CV's haven't a clue or where all 4 or 5 dd's on your team suicide ... this results in one sided matches of which there are way too many.

People might say well that's due to the random nature of multiplayer games ... well it isn't because it happens time and time again.

Carriers are totally overpowered and there capabilities shouldn't be placed in the hands of one player ... be they good or bad.  Cariiers should never have been introduced to the game.

Destroyers are  pivotal in capturing areas and yet every other game I see all my team's DD's sunk within 5 minutes .... regardless of tier.  This is complounded when you have four or five of them all dying at the same time .. it really is pathetic to watch.

People say Battleships are the worst players in the game for camping ... they really aren't that title goes to a large percentage of destroyer players as they are the ones who avoid capping, dont  think objectively and die needlessly.

The next time you play take the time to look at your map and watch your destroyers, see how many of theam actually venture anywhere near the cap circle.  Regardless of the stage of the game or the presence of radar ... ust watch what they do and you might find yourself agreeing with me.

Totally agree, games are ruined by bad players. I approve this topic.

RAGE_BORIS.png.f2e4ed722da2a4fa0b67f43123eeafb3.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Players
31 posts
3,685 battles

I've seen OP's name before on the forums.:cap_yes:

Yep, it's THAT Guy:

in other words, nothing new, move along, and don't feed the troll, he's on a diet.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[WGP2W]
Players
88 posts
14,751 battles
Just now, Boris_MNE said:

Totally agree, games are ruined by bad players. I approve this topic.

RAGE_BORIS.png.f2e4ed722da2a4fa0b67f43123eeafb3.png

I guess ur one of those players also xD xD

1,513 posts
10,110 battles
1 minute ago, dark6799 said:

I guess ur one of those players also xD xD

You sir, are removed from alpha setup. Have fun with beta potatoes.

Fleet commander

• Funny 7

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,525 posts
15,525 battles
5 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

You sir, are removed from alpha setup. Have fun with beta potatoes.

Fleet commander

Boris darling you seem a little mixed up...Clans are a dictatorship NOT a democracy.... Line officer is below the Deputy Commander..... :Smile_trollface:

maybe its you that will find yourself in the beta potatoes..... :Smile_hiding:

Players
2,501 posts
14,612 battles
1 hour ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

Destroyers are  pivotal in capturing areas and yet every other game I see all my team's DD's sunk within 5 minutes .... regardless of tier.

I agree.  DDs need massive buffs across all tiers.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
294 posts
14,366 battles

As an almost exclusive DD player have this experience: daily problems with extremely bad BB players (cowardship, map edge licking, camping, long range sniping of enemy BBs without focus on enemy radar cruisers... et cetera et cetera) :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 5

[_DIB_]
[_DIB_]
Players
105 posts
10,321 battles

I think your old vinyl has a skip in it. Kick the player now.  Stand up and take a breath of fresh air allow your brain to get fresh O2 please.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

New day another new non constructive topic from this guy..

• Funny 3

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,554 battles

I have the feeling that this guy make a new mimimi thread every day.

WG should give him some time to do other things then making useless threads......

• Cool 2

Players
629 posts
7,596 battles
21 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

And of course this is only visible on the mini map because you are way up the back somewhere behind an island with no direct sight of the enemy.  As a DD player I can say avoiding caps has done wonders for my survivability and damage. 

[NWP]
Players
1,920 posts
12,744 battles

Same could be said for potato BBs. But OP would never say such a thing cause then he'd be insulting himself...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BS4]
Players
916 posts
5,611 battles

Team play on random is non existent due to Holidays,,,,

sakMZrV.jpg

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

CVs and DDs get called out as there are less in any given game.

Whereas OP feels the 5 BB+ camping on the border every single game are all blameless :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,381 posts
18,949 battles

"forum continually ruined by bad bb and.... more bad bb players"

fify

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UK-RN]
Beta Tester
449 posts
6,288 battles
19 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

Ask yourself this.

"Am i enjoying the game at the moment?"

If you answer yes, then im affraid my answer to you is suck it up buttercup. Its online gaming and you have absolutly no influence on who plays and how they play. On balance, if you are a decent, compitent player you will have more good games than bad, regardless of who is on your team. We all get crap teams once in a while. but the rest of us just deal with it and move on to the next match.

If your answer is no, then go play somthing else. There were plenty of games on steam discounted over the festive period.

[POP]
Players
353 posts
8,152 battles
20 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

I see all my team's DD's sunk within 5 minutes

Then become the hero and show the rest of the team how a good DD is to be played by playing one!

You, single handedly, made the game better for ALL players in your team. Something everyone would look up to you in pure awe!

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
16 minutes ago, Altsak said:

Then become the hero and show the rest of the team how a good DD is to be played by playing one!

You, single handedly, made the game better for ALL players in your team. Something everyone would look up to you in pure awe!

Dont you try making sense now, the dirty dunce will try and sinthesyze that, and it aint gonnna be pretty...

• Funny 4

[BS4]
Players
916 posts
5,611 battles
1 hour ago, mikelight1805 said:

Ask yourself this.

"Am i enjoying the game at the moment?"

If you answer yes, then im affraid my answer to you is suck it up buttercup.

Wtf that doesn't make any sense and is usually used when you answer, no?:Smile_amazed:

Personally No im not enjoying this game at the moment. I don't want to be negative but its easily the worst I have seen it. Nearly every game there's no communication between anybody, its clear to see that no one knows what the :etc_swear: they are doing, im continuously pulling myself out of position to make up for some idiot who's not spotting/capping, and when they do happen to be in the right place (dd wise) they smoke up immediately not realising that they cant spot in there own smoke!!

If your not good enough to carry the whole flipping team how can you enjoy the fiasco your apart of? Its literally about who's got the crap'st team at the moment and that's not a good recipe for success or enjoyment.

I HAD a real passion for this game wanted to improve and see my stats improve because of it, that would be reward enough for me but you can only do so much on your own IN A TEAM GAME, FACT.

• Boring 1

Players
993 posts
21,316 battles
yes, those battles wich are "close call so to speak" (= being long time kind of balanced & could go either way, great) are fcaus the most entertaining ones; one tries to perform as good as one can and winning such entertaining battles is nice (lots of extra rewards etc.) but must say, if i loose such battles than, even then i had very good time, real good entertainment, worth investing 20 minutes playing those. Such battles, must say, even when lost in the end i much value & like.

I do not think that dd's ever were the real problem, causing "highly unbalanced" battles, no i do not think so: kind of requires good skills to play dd's at high tiers (8-10) and dd's face many tricky things (hydro, floatplanes, other dd's, radar, Radio Location)...so,no, imho destroyers were never ever the real cause of the problem.

Real problems and real cause for highly unbalanced battles (...i call those "lottery battles" and very often are decided in the blick of an eye after some minutes play-time-randoms) are the  overpowered CV's (T8-T10, in present state): I myself always realy hated the CV's...always did & still do: CV's totally ruin any battle in practice for 22 other players, they always did & still do (= in present state, that is). When I start a random battle very 1st thing I am looking at is: "are there OP CV's (T8-T10)" in it, and when not, then i know i am gonna have a real entertaining battle & fun. And if CV's in it, then I know for 95% sure that there will not be a real, nice entertaining battle....practice shows this is so true...very regrettably...oh yes. CV's (= T8-T10 present state, i mean) do realy hurt this great game.

I sometimes was wondering: what kind of people are playing those OP CV's?...i mean...their mindset???...they go for "ruining entertaining game-play for 22 other players", so, what kind of people are those? Why not play in sportive ways, play a destroyer, cruiser or battleship...is far more challenging, yes, in that case other players can have a shot at you in randoms also (=sports!)...but is so much more entertaining for all. As i see it players that opt for playing CV's wish to go for 100%-safe-play (=do damage while other ships can not or hardly do any damage to them, gives them safe-feeling?...bit cowardly?...yes, I think so). Anyway, I highly disrespect any CV-players and even before battle I always put both them on my blacklist & very often report both of them for "unsportive conduct, why...because they are stagnating, willingly hurting our (my) great game, that is why.

The above concerns Carriers tiers 8 u/i 10 (=in present state, that is), too overpowered; the carriers lower tiers I have no problems with, those seem to fit in very well(!), oh yes, true.

So, eagerly I (...and very many with me) are awaiting the Carrier-reworks! From what I have seen sofar, seems great improvement coming! That is the very positive aspect of it all: the incoming CV-reworks, great, looking forward to it!

(...just my personal opinion of it all):cap_popcorn:
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Sign in to follow this