CCastiello

Is it worth taking kronshtadt?

37 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
16,381 posts
11,331 battles

Did you play high Tier russian cruisers?

It is mix between them and BB.

BB are tougher and many can overmatch targets. Kron needs broadside targets and then she hurts.

You need situational awareness, good aim and patience with the RNG of the guns.

[SHEN]
Moderator, Moderator
1,184 posts
9,950 battles

If you like BB and want a first or second Yamato => Musashi

If you want try a BB/CA Hybrid => Go for the Kron

[TCDK3]
Players
7 posts
2,429 battles
4 dakika önce, HipSGuinness dedi:

BB’yi seviyorsanız ve birinci veya ikinci bir Yamato => Musashi istiyorsanız

Eğer bir BB / CA Hybrid denemek istiyorsanız => Kron için Go

I have musashi

• Cool 1

[TCDK3]
Players
7 posts
2,429 battles
5 dakika önce, ColonelPete dedi:

Yüksek seviye Rus kruvazörünü oynadın mı?

BB ile aralarında karışır.

BB daha sert ve çoğu hedefin üzerine gelebilir. Kron'un daha geniş hedeflere ihtiyacı var ve sonra acıtıyor.

Durumların farkındalığına, silahların RNG'sine iyi bir amaç ve sabır gerekir.

I didn't play Russian cruisers

[BGNAV]
Players
149 posts
5,821 battles

Personally, I would get an Alaska instead of Kronshtadt because of the improved pen angles and more decent radar. I already have Kron (I got it when it was released) and I am not too impressed. Penetration is great, maneuverability is decent, speed is great and citadel is very well protected. Then however we get to the drawbacks - radar has range but lasts as long as a sneeze, gun dispersion is very unreliable and while your lower belt is really tough, the upper one and the deck are made of paper. It takes loads of AP and HE damage there. Not to say that Alaska won't take the same amount of damage, but the gun dispersion and pen angles make all the difference for me at least.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate unreliable guns.

Of course if you get enough steel - go for Stalingrad. It is an obscenely broken and OP ship as it has all the pros and almost none of the cons of the ships above.

[RO-RN]
Players
21 posts
10,520 battles

Well, currently Kronshtadt costs 750k, but what will you do if you choose to get Alaska and they put Alaska on steel? Then you will have to choose between Alaska and Stalingrad, or something else.

And, if you take a peek at the Arsenal, you will see there is an upcoming ship sold for steel. And Alaska is on the waiting list, so it might be Alaska.

Personally, I got the Kron few days ago and, indeed, it depends on the situation. Sometimes I overpen, sometimes the RNG blows me, but sometimes it pays you back. I just did a 45k dmg from a single salvo to a Yamato and it felt sooo damn good. Also, I regulary citadel long range cruisers from Kron which is also good... even with this bad dispersion.

Overall, I think it's a good ship. I heard they are removing it by the end of Jan (or Feb), so you still have time to think of buying it, or not.

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
2 minutes ago, Reavermann said:

Well, currently Kronshtadt costs 750k, but what will you do if you choose to get Alaska and they put Alaska on steel? Then you will have to choose between Alaska and Stalingrad, or something else.

And, if you take a peek at the Arsenal, you will see there is an upcoming ship sold for steel. And Alaska is on the waiting list, so it might be Alaska.

Personally, I got the Kron few days ago and, indeed, it depends on the situation. Sometimes I overpen, sometimes the RNG blows me, but sometimes it pays you back. I just did a 45k dmg from a single salvo to a Yamato and it felt sooo damn good. Also, I regulary citadel long range cruisers from Kron which is also good... even with this bad dispersion.

Overall, I think it's a good ship. I heard they are removing it by the end of Jan (or Feb), so you still have time to think of buying it, or not.

Alaska is confirmed 1 million free exp, so no worries there.

[RO-RN]
Players
21 posts
10,520 battles
2 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Well, good to know. Then why not taking them both? I think that a good player can make 7-8k free XP a day with 2 hours of play (premium activated), which makes Alaska to be available in 4 months of play. It's not that much. 

[W-C]
Players
501 posts
2,341 battles

Playstyle and all that does impact your decision... but so does availability i reckon. If you are in any way a collector, I'd go for Kron now before it is removed in a couple of weeks, and start saving FXP again to get Alaska later in the year (I guess it will be around for a while once it appears in-game)

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
1 minute ago, Reavermann said:

Well, good to know. Then why not taking them both? I think that a good player can make 7-8k free XP a day with 2 hours of play (premium activated), which makes Alaska to be available in 4 months of play. It's not that much. 

It's not that much indeed... if you have premium and all and if you care about Kronshtadt. Personally, for example, I have enough to buy Kron, but couldn't be bothered, because it's not what I play cruiser for. 

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

IMO yes. However it's all about you and your gameplay. Not an easy ship to play with. 

Beta Tester
2,187 posts
2,400 battles
3 hours ago, Riselotte said:

One million xp for the Alaska, you say?

Good to know. Are they just upping the prices, or is she really that much stronger than the Kronshtadt?

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
Just now, Procrastes said:

Good to know. Are they just upping the prices, or is she really that much stronger than the Kronshtadt?

I played neither. But prices get upped. But that's nothing new. Look at prices of Jean Bart vs Musashi in the arsenal and I hope you don't think Musashi is worse.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
16,381 posts
11,331 battles
2 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

It is inflation.

When Missouri came to the game, I had around 350k Free XP and needed many months to get the rest.

I now own all Free XP ships and have 2.300k Free XP waiting to get spend. Many players have more.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,187 posts
2,400 battles

Hm. I am not really all that keen on the Kronshtadt; not that I am very sure about the Alaska either. And I haven't really played enough radar ships to know which is best of the American and the Russian radars. I would have guessed that range trumps duration unless you have guns with a very fast reload, but as I said - I don't know.

In truth, I am sort of hoping for a good, fun-to-play free xp destroyer one of these days. Although if Wargaming comes back with just a few more steel-earning missions or campaigns, I might be able to get hold of the USS Black; now there's a ship I didn't even consider thinking seriously about before.

• Cool 1

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
2 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Hm. I am not really all that keen on the Kronshtadt; not that I am very sure about the Alaska either. And I haven't really played enough radar ships to know which is best of the American or the Russian radars.

I'd take Alaska for radar plays because it's better vs DDs in terms of firepower and you'd likely need the time. Neither ship has the concealment to make any special radar plays around the way for example Chapayev, Cleveland, Belfast, Edinburgh and Minotaur can. 

5 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

In truth, I am sort of hoping for a good, fun-to-play free xp destroyer one of these days. Although if Wargaming comes back with just a few more steel-earning missions or campaigns, I might be able to get hold of the USS Black; now there's a ship I didn't even consider thinking seriously about before.

Maybe Neustrashimyy will be free exp. Who knows.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
16,381 posts
11,331 battles

RU radar is easier to use, but rarely gets a target sunk.

US radar is harder to use, but gives enough time to sink a target (that is mostly much closer).

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,187 posts
2,400 battles
27 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Maybe Neustrashimyy will be free exp. Who knows.

I dunno. Only 2x2 guns seems a bit on the weak side...?

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
3 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

I dunno. Only 2x2 guns seems a bit on the weak side...?

It certainly isn't much, but these are Grozovoy guns. So, you could still put out some decent firepower at range and it's got a boatload of consumables. But I'd wait for what the CCs say and maybe it'll see changes. 

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,163 posts
10,274 battles

I'd wait for Alaska. Kron's AA could really be a liability vs. the new CVs.

[TEC]
Beta Tester
65 posts
6,508 battles

I'm probably getting the Kron, despite having enough free xp for the Alaska. I like the Russian cruiser guns better (have the Bud, Chappy and Moskva) than their US counterparts and I'm getting a heavy cruiser to have FUN playing it.

Personally I don't care much about the weaker AA, I refuse to let any ships AA characteristics decide whether its a keeper or not. Besides, most ships AA will be useless with 0.8.0 by the look of things and Kron might get an AA buff because of it.