Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bloodynicknames

Share your "That didn't just happen" moment from the holidays

23 comments in this topic

Players
197 posts
6,824 battles

Well, holidays are over and im sure we all had our gameplay highlights and lowpoints from that time so how about everyone shares their favorite moment that just made them go "WTF" or "Hell yeah"...

Here's mine.

Late game, 5min left...enemy Team has a Gearing, a 1000hp Hindenburg and a Musashi left.

Our team has me in a Montana and a 20k hp GK but we have a solid lead on points.

GK is exchanging fire with Musashi getting worn down, Musashi is at about 80% health, im maneuvering behind some islands in Montana to get a broadside in on Musashi.

I pull out from behind the island, Musashi ignores trying to kill off GK, I land broadside on him 45k damage in a single salvo, oh yeah ...

GK gets blown up but not before getting a final salvo off on Musashi getting him down to 1.5k health ... Musashi apparently has no heal left.

Gearing and Hindenburg are far off and Musashi is turning in for a ram(i have about 70% health left)...The score is around 950 to 800 at this point...i kill the Musashi and we win...remember, he has 1500hp left

So i turn my bow to him and were < 4km ... both front turrets reload and I get off a salvo on his bow ... 4 hits ... 0 damage... hes getting REALLY close to the ram now ... my guns are loading(wish I had less health so AR would help me out ...) 

3sec before my Guns reload again he rams me and we loose ... 

I was left sitting staring at the screen for a few minutes after that hardly able to grasp that just happened ... 

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I managed to lose a COOP match. In a division....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 13

[NWP]
Players
4,637 posts
6,366 battles
1 hour ago, bloodynicknames said:

... both front turrets reload and I get off a salvo on his bow ... 4 hits ... 0 damage...

Thats because you cant overmatch his Bow :fish_book:

You should have aimed for his superstructure - 2 overpens would have killed him. Or even switchting to HE would have helped, then you could have damaged his Bow.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,387 posts
18,987 battles
1 hour ago, bloodynicknames said:

Well, holidays are over and im sure we all had our gameplay highlights and lowpoints from that time so how about everyone shares their favorite moment that just made them go "WTF" or "Hell yeah"...

Here's mine.

Late game, 5min left...enemy Team has a Gearing, a 1000hp Hindenburg and a Musashi left.

Our team has me in a Montana and a 20k hp GK but we have a solid lead on points.

GK is exchanging fire with Musashi getting worn down, Musashi is at about 80% health, im maneuvering behind some islands in Montana to get a broadside in on Musashi.

I pull out from behind the island, Musashi ignores trying to kill off GK, I land broadside on him 45k damage in a single salvo, oh yeah ...

GK gets blown up but not before getting a final salvo off on Musashi getting him down to 1.5k health ... Musashi apparently has no heal left.

Gearing and Hindenburg are far off and Musashi is turning in for a ram(i have about 70% health left)...The score is around 950 to 800 at this point...i kill the Musashi and we win...remember, he has 1500hp left

So i turn my bow to him and were < 4km ... both front turrets reload and I get off a salvo on his bow ... 4 hits ... 0 damage... hes getting REALLY close to the ram now ... my guns are loading(wish I had less health so AR would help me out ...) 

3sec before my Guns reload again he rams me and we loose ... 

I was left sitting staring at the screen for a few minutes after that hardly able to grasp that just happened ... 

...(like ages ago):

fighting a yammie  which is practically a floating corpse on like 8km on GK without ifhe secs. setting secs on him, he's like 1-2k hp... turn in ready to fight next ship, as that yammie already is practically dead, aye?! no sir, baaad idea... a ton of secs hits on that yammie, zero dmg at all, he knocks off a final salvo to get me rid off like a big chunk of my hp... byebye yammie. the day i specced ifhe sec GK lol...

Players
197 posts
6,824 battles
24 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Thats because you cant overmatch his Bow :fish_book:

You should have aimed for his superstructure - 2 overpens would have killed him. Or even switchting to HE would have helped, then you could have damaged his Bow.

not like i didnt aim for it but rng is rng ... 

anyway, on the completely different end of the specturm

im in my minotaur ... with radar ... about 3/4 health left... map is two brothers, im moving for the enemy cap the back and know theres an Edinburgh, Roon and Wooster coming through the mid back to their cap ...

ok, so i drop a first set of my torps at around 8k and turn to drop the other side...first set misses, second set in the water...as i finally get close to the gap the roon shows its face, and its 3 torps ... the edinburgh behind it eats another torp but they are all still alive, wooster pops up at the back ... roon is down to a few k health so i start nailing im with my guns and he goes down, switch to wooster(3/4 health left) as edinburgh tries to turn frantically ... wooster eats a couple of citadles and as I turn away I blow him up, Edinburgh smokes but I pop radar and nail him too ... i come out of it with about 80k damage done, 3 kills and half my health still left ... 

• Cool 1

Players
3,230 posts
7,373 battles

"That didn't just happen" moment from the holidays

Our carrier dying in 4 minutes :Smile_sceptic:

Spoiler

shot-19_01.03_00_57.20-0177.thumb.jpg.7a0206c83024902d0f1a72ab74caa90d.jpg

Spoiler

shot-19_01.03_01_11.18-0639.thumb.jpg.b7cc39f2856086e7b16579836bae2a90.jpg

Still managed to win tho, as their DD turned out to be as retarded as ours, which is a good reason to not make DDs too OP compared to the other classes.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,970 posts
7,932 battles

I ate a Zao torp, repaired, got set on fire and died with 0 dmg in my Kitakaze in the first minutes of the match.

• Funny 1

Players
893 posts
8,670 battles

Managed to become orange and was "sentenced" to 80 coop games. :Smile_teethhappy:

Apparently (was playing coop to grind the snowflakes) setting a waypoint to the centre of the map and then quitting to port isn't enough to prevent the afk penalty. Now do that 10 times in the space of 5 minutes and the penalties start to accumulate. Oops. 

• Funny 10

[-CC-]
Beta Tester, Players
1,415 posts
4,327 battles

Has to be this:

Spoiler

shot-18_12.29_22_52.44-0699.thumb.jpg.9b025e705562dafd2c25de09f07aa693.jpg
shot-18_12.29_22_52.54-0072.thumb.jpg.659dfa1b4c9f13a580af5ae99c862c4d.jpg

Never have I ever before gotten 8 kills... and in a tier 8 ship? Whew! How did that just happen?

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,144 posts
11,248 battles
31 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Managed to become orange and was "sentenced" to 80 coop games. :Smile_teethhappy:

Apparently (was playing coop to grind the snowflakes) setting a waypoint to the centre of the map and then quitting to port isn't enough to prevent the afk penalty. Now do that 10 times in the space of 5 minutes and the penalties start to accumulate. Oops. 

Oh man, I should really not be laughing as much at this as I am.

Recognising that co-op is the easiest way to get rid of your snowflakes, taking steps to maximise the efficiency with which that happens and then being sentenced to 80 games in co-op as a result. That's some sick irony right there.

I feel for you man, I really do. I think I would rather listen to Nicki Minaj on permanent repeat for ten hours than face 80 games in co-op.* With the way the system is set up that is one hefty sentence with no chance of parole.

*Actually, who am I trying to kid? - I couldn't put up with Nicki Minaj for ten minutes let alone ten hours - I'll do my time in co-op.

• Funny 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,609 battles

Got in a terrible position in my Moskva. Around 20 hits, 23k dmg in all game. Died in 7-8 minutes. We won. I came 4th on the table. I mean WTF. :D

• Funny 1

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
213 posts
5,437 battles

Told the team where I will go with stalin, when in position, I can radar 1 cap, support another..Roger, Affirmativ was the answear, lot players coming, and when the heat started, realised that I was left alone on the right, and 6 players chasing 1 jean bart on top left.....pricelessXD:cap_like:

PS:whit this quality team we nearly win it, but one of our BB a grose was doing nothing in the last 5 min then start to move and shoot a broadside zao with HE.....he done everything acording to his skill lvl to guarante the lost gameXD

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm sure the quality of the ship blew your mind, right? :Smile_trollface:

It's not that bad....

326368600_Emeraldrecord.JPG.2fd4822a4b05dadd35a4c0becfc6eb5e.JPG

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles

Worst thing that happened, I was in a battle against a team and there was two forumits on the reds...

Of course it was a potato game, there was a single CL sitting in a cap behind mountains. 

And he just sat there nobody seemed to care. Couldn't get  the drop on him, decided to rush him...

Shot him full on with HE, took half his health, wanting to do the same IN the cap... reloaded... chaaargeee!!

Avoided his torps... (duh... I know he'll try)... then what happens: SOMEHOW my damn ship would not fire.

So, I floated past harmlessly at 1km distance... :Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:

[XODUS]
Players
786 posts
4,630 battles

Loosing 7 Ships to 3 with our CV about to suicide after being deplaned in my Kidd and Div mate in the Alabama in a cyclone.  
I make the call to run for the Cap after we both finish off a Sharn and Dallas leaving us facing a Shokaku, Cleveland, Fuso and Tirpiz as our Lexington goes down. 
I Run for the cap, am within 20 seconds of capping it out as the Tirpitz enters the cap. 
Alabama charges into our cap to engage the now deplaned CV and Fuso having finished off the Cleveland earlier. 
Kills the Shokaku, i am dodging the tirpitz shells
Fuso on 14k HP, Alabama on 12k, me on 3k and the Tirpiz on 25k

10 seconds Alabama's guns reloading, i dodge the tirpiz's salvo leaving me on 1200hp. 
3 seconds left, Alabama takes 3k damage and his guns reloads
he fires into the Bow on Fuso

2 seconds left

Two Citadels, Kraken unleashed we are in the lead by 17pts

1 second left, 300hp left for me
Game over

Victory

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,665 posts
5,505 battles

Couple of days back - Kutusov, T10 battle, 1 DD per side.

Moved myself towards a place that I could cover 2 complete caps with some to spare, intending to smoke up at what I thought was a safe distance and farm away once at 'my spot'. Well, just before arriving at my spot I was 'spotted', thought 'damn, the DD is here' so slowed and smoked up (targets were available to farm, but not the DD). Instantly Radared, turns out is wasn't the DD that spotted me but a radar minotaur. The Mino' started to shoot, but, 1 broadside from a Montana and it was back to port for me with zero input into the game. However, the Mino didn't survive the encounter either, so he was back to port also :)

So traded a strong T8 for a strong T10. But with a 'nil point' contribution...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,018 posts

Almost entire team wiped out by the first wave of bots in Ultimate Frontier...

[A_D_C]
Players
13 posts
4,538 battles

Co-op boxing day,had a DD die in the opening minutes and accuse the bots of being bots and using aim assist ;/

• Funny 5

Beta Tester
3,964 posts
14,675 battles
3 hours ago, Spliffy76 said:

Co-op boxing day,had a DD die in the opening minutes and accuse the bots of being bots and using aim assist ;/

Well, technically he was right, right? ^^

My wtf moment of the day way in a battle in which I played my Kamikaze... Right at the start I made a remark in chat "My oh my, a Yubari and a Texas in each team - fun time for our CVs" or so... hoping that our - T4 - CVs would notice the irony and stay away from these two ships. But of course, as soon as the enemy Yubari was spotted, our Hosho sent both of his torp squads into it's maw... bye bye torp squads *facepalm*

After that I got kinda busy, when I tried capping the cap on the other side of the map, stumbling into two enemy DDs... A Leander was right behind me, so I thought I might have a chance... as it turned out, the Leander had little intend to support me, hiding behind an island instead, while I got punished.. with my HP depeleted, one DD shooting at me from one side and the other sitting in smoke in front of me, also shooting at me - and both ignoring the Leander, that finally had come out from it's hiding place - I tried to at least get in a position to stick some torps into the enemy's smoke and maybe with some luck survive to sink it, before goning down myself..

Wishful sinking... of course right when I got close to the smoke a torpedo salvo came at me from behind... Our Leander had probably been unable to see me right between himself and the smoke he was aiming at... no chance to dodge... but at least it wasn't the enemy who sank me, so the Leander got pinked... and sunk by those two DDs a minute later..

And of course when asked why he had torped from the backseat, the answer was "It was your fault!"... *octopus_facepalm*

• Funny 2

Players
1,107 posts
8,552 battles

I have carried another useless team in my YUGUMO almost to the end...for the team I was in stupid was an understatement..Baltimore on 155HP decides to attack the FDG and our Scharnhorst with 3k HP comes to attack the enemy full HP Scharnhorst..... I kill the Haida and leave the cap to Baltimore to claim, I head for the next cap and then torpedo the Scharnhorst, drive off the enemy Neptune and torpedo the Hipper..caps are evenly split and we are ahead with 55 seconds on the clock so what does the Colorado do, mindful it has only 8k HP left, it goes for the enemy Neptune who sits with 25k HP when it was sitting on the J line out of harms way...

We had victory and thanks to this Colorado clown we lose by 18 points when the clock hits zero.. it wouldn't have been so bad but I avoided going for the FDG to guarantee not being sunk.. I needed only 10 seconds more, after Colorado was sunk I boosted to FDG and my torps would have killed it but for the clock hitting zero just as my torps reached the hull..

I WANT TO SCREAM!!!

1056712975_Screenshot(757).thumb.png.49f1640e7d0a68ff66d9dd449d59af19.png

1494122283_Screenshot(758).thumb.png.87afb998a52923e629d392c7cf0047ac.png

166768693_Screenshot(759).thumb.png.890fb784bb2ca2660e8c955a8dac1715.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I'll call it an "after math effect" from the holidays. Yesterday we went into a clanwar battle. We only kind of forgot to take a BB with us. And we found out about that 2 minutes into the game...

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this