You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
geekuma

[REQUEST] Could we please get more low-tier missions and campaigns?

12 comments in this topic

[FR010]
Players
11 posts
1,647 battles

Dear WG, 

Could we please get more low-tier missions and campaigns?

Most of them are for tiers VIII and up, which is very annoying for players like me - not having any high-ish tier ships despite the amount of gaming I've done (beta tester, FYI). If I compare to World of Tanks, where the player has way more opportunities at the lower tiers to battle, but reaching higher tier tanks is also faster there than in the World of Warships. This seems unbalanced to me. 

I know I could rush my ship research and just try to get the next ship as fast as I can, but I prefer getting used to my ships and actually playing with them - not just using them as stepping stones to higher tiers and forgetting them as soon as I get next one researched. There's a lot of thought about how to make tier I playable for new players (I find it better than WoT tier I), but then the game kinda forgets the low-tier players and focuses on higher tiers only. If it was as easy to hit those higher tiers as it was in WoT, I wouldn't mind. But it isn't, there's way more grinding to do so could you at least make it more enjoyable then? 

I don't know if I'm alone with my thoughts. How about other captains out there, are you with me or am I just blabbering for nothing? :-) 

Cheers, 

geekuma

• Cool 5

Players
1,107 posts
8,552 battles

Imagine you are new to WOWs and join one of these lower tier battles only to find the Seal Clubbers waiting for you. You don't stand a chance, you get disheartened, you stop playing and WG loses income potential.. Rank is bad enough with Tier 6 never mind lower tier missions. It would be a slaughter. WG will not do it and to be honest I think it is a bad idea...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,007 posts
9,821 battles

The whole premise of having missions etc open up at 6 and above is so that people who don’t know what they are doing have less chance of messing with the winning/success rates/chances of players who have progressed and learnt the skills needed to succeed. In theory.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,732 posts
7,670 battles

Game has been running 3 years.  Had you a Tier VIII ship by now one could hardly say you rushed to get it.

Players
425 posts
8,894 battles

Well actually Captain I agree with you, should be down to Tier 4 for missions, but you know how everyone hates low tier play so it will never happen.  Shame really :Smile_honoring:

[HOO]
Players
1,788 posts
1,671 battles

Say they put in a T4 mission series, then you get a flood of Orions with 19 point captains.

• Cool 2

Players
425 posts
8,894 battles

What's the difference between any mid tier boat with a 19 point Captain?  Doesn't matter what ruddy tier it is really as anyone with a tad of knowledge will use their best ship with their best Captain if they really want to make a fight of it.  I get why WG doesn't have low tier missions but as they start at T5 one tier lower won't make much difference. :Smile_honoring:

[HOO]
Players
1,788 posts
1,671 battles
2 minutes ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

What's the difference between any mid tier boat with a 19 point Captain?  Doesn't matter what ruddy tier it is really as anyone with a tad of knowledge will use their best ship with their best Captain if they really want to make a fight of it.  I get why WG doesn't have low tier missions but as they start at T5 one tier lower won't make much difference. :Smile_honoring:

True, that and stat padders. I know of at least two people who ran 19 pointers in the Black Swan.

• Cool 1

[CKVN]
[CKVN]
Beta Tester
54 posts
7,093 battles

No.

Sealclubing is not a problem.  There is not enought players to support playing low tiers.  

WG want us to play high tiers, because there are paying players. 

Low tiers battles are not full, player should fast grind to at least tier 5.

[CATS]
Players
16,348 posts
11,323 battles

When missions could be done at Tier IV, I played A LOT more on that Tier.

My guess is that applied to other players too.

Changing the mission requirement removed a lot of experienced players from Tier IV MM. I do not think that is a bad thing.

Players
1,051 posts
7,956 battles

I think if you broaden the mission requirements to Tier IV+, there's a problem that this makes Tier IV specifically extremely attractive, because of the +1/-1 MM.

Back when you COULD do missions at Tier IV and up, we (my regular division mates and I) would run Orions a lot. We had crazy win rates approaching 80% and it probably wasn't good for the game. We weren't doing this to grief anyone -- it's just that when there are nice rewards on offer, you do it where it seems like the least amount of work.

Tier V+ kind of works well, because Tier V isn't especially attractive, so it makes me grind in all these various tiers between V and X.

• Cool 1

Players
219 posts
5,749 battles

Campaigns only affect you, not other players. Available from Account Level 9.

Daily Missions and Challenges only affect you, not other players. Available from Account Level 12.

Operations do affect the team, and available from Account Level 8(!)

Does that seem ill-judged to anybody else, or is it just me?

I touched on this in my earlier topic about getting more use from T2-T4 Premium ships, but surely the logical order should be Campaigns, Missions, then Ops. Missions could be quite happily available for T4+ as experienced players do not mix with newbies in protected matchmaking. And new players who have left protected MM at T4 (by advancing their Account Level before unlocking T5) would surely fare better in a non-protected T3/T4 or T4/T5 match than a T5/T6 or T5/T6/T7 match with the experienced players.

Making 'Daily Missions and Challenges' available much earlier would surely be better to interest and motivate new players to play more. Making 'Daily Missions and Challenges' accessible with T4 (or lower) ships would also encourage more gameplay at low levels, within protected MM for new account and without protected MM for older accounts. Making 'Daily Missions and Challenges' accessible with T5+ ships is just an incentive to rush to T5 asap, when I've seen it argued that more time should be spent at low tiers before entering the piranha pool.

Also think of the sales potential: if WG offer something more to do with T2-T4 Premium ships then they'll likely sell more.

'Operations' can be accessed 'early' by someone simply buying a Premium ship that meets the Op requirements and has Account Level 8. By applying the same WG logic, WG could make Operations for T4 ships (that would be a hoot). The only reason I can think of for Ops to come before Campaigns is p2w. Which is nothing new, and theoretically a new player can access T10 battles at the ultra-low Account Level 3 simply by purchasing a Premium Tier 8 ship...