You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Giorgio_marksman

42% fire chance, 38 hits and only 3 fires

28 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
4,609 posts
6,356 battles

Always remember that you cant get fires on sections that are already burning. This can influence having a low fire chance.

If not -> crap happens... Happened more than once to me that ive got 1 fire with 100 hits in my Hindenburg, on one ship that is which wasnt burning :cap_fainting:

[HOO]
Players
1,788 posts
1,671 battles

Depends on the skills of the target. You can do some good anti-fire builds

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
14,494 battles

Yes. That, and you don't have a 42% fire chance. Ships get fire and flooding resistance as they tier up, negating the chance of catching on fire.

Players
20 posts
2,706 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Always remember that you cant get fires on sections that are already burning. This can influence having a low fire chance.

If not -> crap happens... Happened more than once to me that ive got 1 fire with 100 hits in my Hindenburg, on one ship that is which wasnt burning :cap_fainting:

none of the ships which i shot were already burning, not even once, and 42% is a ridiculous rate of fire, i should have gotten 15 fires (15.95999999...) , calculating the percentage.

[NWP]
Players
4,609 posts
6,356 battles
1 minute ago, Giorgio_marksman said:

none of the ships which i shot were already burning, not even once, and 42% is a ridiculous rate of fire, i should have gotten 15 fires (15.95999999...) , calculating the percentage.

The firechance displayed in port will never hold up, because of this

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire "Fire chance"

Even if the enemy doesnt run any anti-fire stuff, it will still be lowered due to the fire resistance coefficient. Usually most BBs do run some sort of anti-fire build tho.

Players
4,085 posts
6,458 battles

Good example how hidden multipliers mislead people in this game...

Just curious: do you really think, starting 1 fire for ~2 hits would be anywhere near balanced? @Giorgio_marksman? Dont you think, it sounds kinda stupid? Nobody would use AP if that would be the way it works...

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
1 hour ago, Giorgio_marksman said:

42% fire chance, 38 hits and only 3 fires

emphasis on that word

• Cool 2

[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
262 posts
3,930 battles

Hey, pssst: battleship AP is quite strong, try also the “2” key on your keyboard :crab:

• Cool 1

Players
4,737 posts
7,935 battles

nUQACjz.jpg

have you given enough prayers to our lord and savior RNGesus to cast fires upon thy enemies?

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles

I mean, you're complaining about that. Meanwhile there's me scoring over 100 HE hits with HIV with both fire flags and DE for 1 fire. Or SirVenomIK who went over 150 hits in Atlanta (or was it some other ship? Not sure) for 1 fire....

38 hits for 3 really isn't that bad

Players
2,637 posts
2,914 battles
37 minutes ago, Panocek said:

have you given enough prayers to our lord and savior RNGesus to cast fires upon thy enemies?

You need goats and sheep. Lots of 'em. Sheep to hit, goats to set fire. 

No need to gitgud, no need to practise, no need to know what ship will burn and what will not.

just: GOATS and SHEEP. Lots. And LOTS! :cap_like:

[4_0_4]
Players
5,039 posts
11,210 battles
3 hours ago, Giorgio_marksman said:

none of the ships which i shot were already burning, not even once,

Maybe DCPs were still active?

[EST]
[EST]
Players
834 posts
19,117 battles
58 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Sheep to hit, goats to set fire. 

So you tie them together, set goat on fire, throw them at enemy and sheep will be guidance system (pilot)? Correct?

• Cool 1

Players
599 posts
3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Good example how hidden multipliers mislead people in this game...

Just curious: do you really think, starting 1 fire for ~2 hits would be anywhere near balanced? @Giorgio_marksman? Dont you think, it sounds kinda stupid? Nobody would use AP if that would be the way it works...

Yeah, can you imagine a Nelson with DE skill installed if that was the case. I bet it would be 50+% fire chance, able to start fire with 1 in 2 shots

Players
77 posts
9,549 battles

1. Ships have a reduced chance to receive a fire based on their tier. You only have your full fire chance against T1 ships, while T10 ships have all fire chance against them reduced to half. At T7 your fire chance is reduced to 70% of its displayed value, against T9 ships even to 57%.

2. Ships further can install upgrades or use commander skills that can reduce their fire chance. Combined with the hull fire reduction mentioned above, this means your 42% fire chance might be really just ~15-25% in reality.

3. You cannot get a fire on a section that is already on fire. So if you keep hitting a ship in the bow, even if you get  20 hits in rapid succession, you can only score a single fire. This will mean that in a typical game, you get a much lower number of fires than the chances suggest.

4. You cannot get a fire while your opponent's damage control party is active.

5. Not every shell that registers as a hit actually hits a zone that can catch fire.

6. Its just a chance, nothing is guaranteed! 38 hits is not a very large number, so the result can vary greatly.

Players
2,637 posts
2,914 battles
2 hours ago, Profilus said:

So you tie them together, set goat on fire, throw them at enemy and sheep will be guidance system (pilot)? Correct?

Yeah sort of, just make sure you get the spare-ribs to RNGesus he'll be satisfied.

NOTE: last game in hood, 1 shell hits, fire on Lyon... :Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
Players
1,007 posts
9,821 battles

Seeing a BB slinging HE and failing to start fires makes my cold dead heart a little bit warmer inside.

• Funny 4

Players
629 posts
7,596 battles
19 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Seeing a BB slinging HE and failing to start fires makes my cold dead heart a little bit warmer inside.

Hey, I fired AP in a KGV once, seemed like a stupid idea so I went back to HE.

• Funny 1

Players
629 posts
7,596 battles
On 1/2/2019 at 10:13 AM, Giorgio_marksman said:

Am I just unlucky or what?😂

Go play a few games in co-op and see if that changes. I average about 25% fires in co-op compared to maybe 12% in randoms. Either way I pretty much ignore my own fires because they don't burn for very long and the 5 heals with a bonus to cooldown means I get to use most of them each game. 

Just checked. Fires burn for 35 seconds and flooding runs for 50 seconds with all the flags captain skills and modules. Still early days for me playing BBs but I've not had more than 3 fires yet without the 4 point captain skill. Fires are mostly good for panicking noobs rather than doing really significant damage.

[NWP]
Players
1,920 posts
12,744 battles

What's up with people taking pictures with smartphones rather than using a nice feature called 'screenshot'? Too old for modern people to use it?

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
1,788 posts
1,671 battles
5 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Hey, I fired AP in a KGV once, seemed like a stupid idea so I went back to HE.

Do you run IFHE?

Players
629 posts
7,596 battles
20 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

Do you run IFHE?

Brits are 1/4 anyway so it penetrates 88 mm. Another 30% is not going to change much.