You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vlad_Vado

Musashi or Kronshtadt for FreeXP?

7 comments in this topic

Question

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,650 battles

Hi everyone.

I'm reaching 750K FreeXP in few days and I'm considering on using it on Musashi or Kronshtadt. The thing is that I'm not sure on which one use it. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to earn enough coal to get Musashi from Arsenal so I want some advice and tips on both ships to help me take a decission.

Also, don't have Yamato neither started grinding the IJN BB line. Same for RU CA line so any of these ships will be used to train captains in the near future.

Thanks in advance for your help.

6 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,841 battles

Kronshtadt is only useful as a captain trainer for Moskva as the other RU CAs need IFHE. So for that point Musashi would be better.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
[-T-O-]
Players
8 posts
8,102 battles

It really depends on what you play more, if you prefer BBs then Musashi or if you are like me and prefer to play CAs then Kronshtadt is the way forward. 

• Cool 1

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,650 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Kronshtadt is only useful as a captain trainer for Moskva as the other RU CAs need IFHE. So for that point Musashi would be better.

So purely on captain training, Musashi is the one to go. However, as both are going to be out for update 0.8.0. However, I'm also thinking if any of them could be pulled out permanently of the ship rotation as happened to Missouri.

10 minutes ago, Irishgeezah said:

It really depends on what you play more, if you prefer BBs then Musashi or if you are like me and prefer to play CAs then Kronshtadt is the way forward. 

I play both clases practically the same amount so no preference on that matter.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,011 battles

Honestly Musashi is just a worse Yamato, and in those rare cases where you'll meet 7s your 460s are absolute overkill. Hello overpens on everything.

Meanwhile Kron... I'm not much of a cruiser player, but those few games I played with her I found her much more enjoyable and much more fun (in randoms) than Stalingrad. Not sure why tho

• Cool 2

[HOUSE]
Players
264 posts
5,022 battles
On 1/2/2019 at 12:49 PM, Vlad_Vado said:

So purely on captain training, Musashi is the one to go. However, as both are going to be out for update 0.8.0. However, I'm also thinking if any of them could be pulled out permanently of the ship rotation as happened to Missouri.

Kronstadt will be usefull when new Russian battleships arrive since it will be nice captain trainer for both top tier cruisers and battleships.

I would say that the Kronstadt offers more unique gameplay, since the Musashi is more or less a nerfed Yamato one tier lower, so for uniqueness I would say Kronstadt and for captain training both can arguable be decent.

The question is what kind of gameplay you find enyoyable, the stationary Yamamoto/Musashi or likes to do flanking maneuvers?

• Cool 1

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,650 battles

Thanks everyone for the answers. At the end I'll be able to get enough coal to get Musashi thanks to all the snowflakes, daily misions and some luck with the daily containers. So I'll get both before they are pulled out when update 0.8.0 hits live servers :cap_win: