Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Dreadful One Sided Matches

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
76 posts
10,789 battles

I've never seen the standard of play so bad on World of Warships.  The pace of the game is been ruined by suicidal players who are playing high tier games before they know the basics.

 

Wargaming need to include instruction informing new players there is more to winning a game than sinkning enemy ships and that games can actually last longer than 5 minutes.   The number of game that are over before half the fleet has started moving is insane.

 

It's pathetic

  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
5 minutes ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

It's pathetic

 

So just on par with your posting history?

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,681 posts
2,941 battles
13 minutes ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

I've never seen the standard of play so bad on World of Warships.  The pace of the game is been ruined by suicidal players who are playing high tier games before they know the basics.

 

Wargaming need to include instruction informing new players there is more to winning a game than sinkning enemy ships and that games can actually last longer than 5 minutes.   The number of game that are over before half the fleet has started moving is insane.

 

It's pathetic

Small comforting thought: Both sides should have the same problem...50%....

But it is a given fact that when ship get more damage output, the game will tend to get more ROFLSTOMPS.

First one that shows himself gets deleted, and it all rolls downhill from there. 

 

Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

@Dirty_Dunc

last 21 days 358 games played. :cap_wander: 

Maaaaaaaybe..... take a break? 

Yeah you get it a lot worse in the times that all kids are on vacation and all adults are 'merry'.

Hohohooooo, yololoooo...! :Smile-_tongue:

 

7 minutes ago, Juanx said:

So just on par with your posting history?

C'mon, you can't call 60 posts any 'history'. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

The guy has flipped out, there's another duplicate thread on here :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
942 posts
4,306 battles
12 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

The guy has flipped out, there's another duplicate thread on here :Smile_trollface:

He's right though, during the holidays I had numerous ships with horrible handling (Moskvas, GKs - without hydro on, yamas and the like) go between the islands when I spotted a DD on the other end.

It's like people switch their brain off while playing - or they didn't have one to begin with.

 

Guess my point is, that players lately are worse than previously, and if you are not playing a dedicated carry ship, it's extremely hard to win.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

He's right though, during the holidays I had numerous ships with horrible handling (Moskvas, GKs - without hydro on, yamas and the like) go between the islands when I spotted a DD on the other end.

It's like people switch their brain off while playing - or they didn't have one to begin with.

 

Guess my point is, that players lately are worse than previously, and if you are not playing a dedicated carry ship, it's extremely hard to win.

I have noticed, but that's not just an Xmas problem.

 

The game is quickly going down the pan, anything that needs a win is frustrating. Although sometimes the enemy team throws even harder so what looks impossible can still be won.

 

I try to 3 man OP Div though yes, feels better that way...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
942 posts
4,306 battles
6 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I have noticed, but that's not just an Xmas problem.

 

The game is quickly going down the pan, anything that needs a win is frustrating. Although sometimes the enemy team throws even harder so what looks impossible can still be won.

 

I try to 3 man OP Div though yes, feels better that way...

Well, my division mate quit, so I'm soloing lately, maybe that's why I feel that much.

Carry-able ships (big bad mean BBs and DPM monster cruisers) are fine, maybe even better now as you mow down the enemy quickly. I suffer a lot with DDs though, due to the mispositioning of friendlies and the numerous radar ships in high tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
14 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

Well, my division mate quit, so I'm soloing lately, maybe that's why I feel that much.

Carry-able ships (big bad mean BBs and DPM monster cruisers) are fine, maybe even better now as you mow down the enemy quickly. I suffer a lot with DDs though, due to the mispositioning of friendlies and the numerous radar ships in high tiers.

DDs have the most carry potential for me as sometimes a single one scares the crap out of potato BBs and larger so the cap ends up completely uncontested.

 

BBs always get good damage but are not always able to get a win in as they can't contest caps as well. Although a big fatty going to a cap has a lot of map influence...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
942 posts
4,306 battles
3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

DDs have the most carry potential for me as sometimes a single one scares the crap out of potato BBs and larger so the cap ends up completely uncontested.

 

BBs always get good damage but are not always able to get a win in as they can't contest caps as well. Although a big fatty going to a cap has a lot of map influence...

Problem is with the power projection, or rather the way they do it.

I murder the crap out of the enemy DD, get the cap, then what happens? Team starts chasing a lonely cruiser throughout the map, losing the other side and getting flanking fire. With BBs/cruisers I can kill everything they would try to chase, so they are forced to engage the enemy.

Same deal with radar cruisers - of course if you have division mates, it's fine, they will focus them to help you. Your team not so much. With BBs I can take them out as soon as they are spotted, and that's a bigger advantage than me sitting in a DD.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,681 posts
2,941 battles
27 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

He's right though, during the holidays I had numerous ships with horrible handling (Moskvas, GKs - without hydro on, yamas and the like) go between the islands when I spotted a DD on the other end.

It's like people switch their brain off while playing - or they didn't have one to begin with.

 

Guess my point is, that players lately are worse than previously, and if you are not playing a dedicated carry ship, it's extremely hard to win.

No it's not, you'll just get 50% WR like the rest of them. And bad damage too, since it's usually a ROFLSTOMP.

I try to influence games with a DD mate, but it's usually not possible. As in:

We cleaned up the ships on left, then find we're the only ones alive...

Or worse, we are finally doing some damage and then the game ends really quickly.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,310 battles

We should have a rule that you are only allowed to write a whining post if you

- either propose a solution to the problem you described, and it has to be different from "ban/nerf/buff ship type X"

- or your positive posts outnumber your negative ones at least by a factor of 5:1.

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8 posts

Hello captains, 

 

Unfortunately, there seems to be no constructive discussion here, so the thread is closed.

 

Thank you in advance ! 

 

Regards, 

Jenny001

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×