Sign in to follow this  
Anthoniusii

Spotting system is a farse.

27 comments in this topic

Players
366 posts

Map : Two Brothers

Ship : Vanguard

Sailing in the EDGE of the map in block F1.

Suddenly from the SAME EDGE 4 torpedos apear from a destroyer .

No smoke cloud.

Conclusion: Vanguard had blind sailors for crew.

Conclusion 2: That destroyer has an elvish cloak of invisibillity (good job WG/Lord of the Rings)

Conclusion 3: That destroyer use Klingon invisibillity mechanism (good job WG/Star Trek).

Conclusion 4: That destroyer participated in Philadelpheia experiment.

Conclusion FINAL: The spotting system sucks. You have followed the same patern that ruined World of Tanks making invisisble ships in distances less than 2 kms simply because they are Destroyers no matter that most of tham are from 80 to 100m long ships!!!!

Extra: Question: Why British Battleships do not have a third consumable slot like every other nation's battleships have?

1st you give British Battleships the same ammount of hit points other factions Cruisers have and then you give them a slot less!!!

Extra 2: For those are not fammiliar with World of Tanks (i played it from patch 0.6.0 to 0.9.11) a vehicle with the title "tank destroyer" is totaly invisible EVEN if its size is equal of a two stores building!!!

The same mistake WoWs makes with invisible Destroyers.

BUG? A ship is located and zoom in to aim better. When zoom in is complete the target simply disapears even if its a aircraft carrier in distances less that 12 kms!

Bravo!!!!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
16,359 posts
11,328 battles

And still not understanding the visibility system after all this time?

As I said in the other thread: you are not very observant.

It would help not to go for the map border in the first place...

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
594 posts
3,314 battles

Hereby a link to improve your understanding of the game. This playlist covers a big part of the game, you can scroll down to the spotting mechanics. I also recommend to get a DD yourself and find out how easy it is to play DDs. ^^

Players
366 posts
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

And still not understanding the visibility system after all this time?

As I said in the other thread: you are not very observant.

It would help not to go for the map border in the first place...

You are missing the point. Being in the edge means that , that Destroyer was at most 300-400 m away from my ship. Even in a smoke cloud -as WG mentioned in the video- that destroyer should be visible! Nottice that there was no smoke cloud! My friend shown me his Destroyer with captain's skills, ship's numbers and camo had 100 invisibillity. What 100 means (total invisible)?

If yes then we should not play WoWs but Star Trek instead!!!

Players
366 posts
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Hereby a link to improve your understanding of the game. This playlist covers a big part of the game, you can scroll down to the spotting mechanics. I also recommend to get a DD yourself and find out how easy it is to play DDs. ^^

I have 4 destroyers already. That does not change the fact that spotting system is broken!

[CATS]
Players
16,359 posts
11,328 battles
4 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

You are missing the point. Being in the edge means that , that Destroyer was at most 300-400 m away from my ship. Even in a smoke cloud -as WG mentioned in the video- that destroyer should be visible! Nottice that there was no smoke cloud! My friend shown me his Destroyer with captain's skills, ship's numbers and camo had 100 invisibillity. What 100 means (total invisible)?

If yes then we should not play WoWs but Star Trek instead!!!

No, he was not. Still missing the obvious.

Upload your replay and I might even explain it to you.

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
594 posts
3,314 battles
3 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

I have 4 destroyers already. That does not change the fact that spotting system is broken!

So what would you suggest than? Increasing the concealment value would mean they get easily spotted, but they don’t have the hp values to be constantly spotted.

Players
366 posts
56 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

So what would you suggest than? Increasing the concealment value would mean they get easily spotted, but they don’t have the hp values to be constantly spotted.

Yes actually depending on EACH ship's size (legth, hight). The spotting system actually should work vice versa.  Each ship with no radar used to have sialors on the highest points with monoculars to spot ships. So a ship that can be early spotted because it has a high structure the same ship must be able to spot other ships earlier comparing to ships with short structure! Earth -unless you haven't heard- is round so the highest point spots an item earlier than a shorter one.

Also , British Battleships from tier 8 and bigger have only two consumables slots available but they suposed that they were or would build with the newest technology available in the end of WW2. So to the British Battleships that do not have spotting or fighter planes as consumable they sould be able to choose between Radar and sonar . Bismarch (a ship that sunk in 1941) has such an accoustic device and Vanguard, Lion and Conqueror don't? Does this look fair to you?

In case you do not know earth is round se Heratosthenes' experiment.

• Boring 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,013 posts
7,380 battles

@Anthoniusii

Please stop wasting everybodys time.

Go to your local replay folder ( .../World_of_Warships_Eu/replays/) and copy your Vanguard game here into a post (you just can drag&drop the replay file into the writing field).

With the replay every open questions will be answered.

• Cool 1

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
594 posts
3,314 battles
21 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

Yes actually depending on EACH ship's size (legth, hight). The spotting system actually should work vice versa.  Each ship with no radar used to have sialors on the highest points with monoculars to spot ships. So a ship that can be early spotted because it has a high structure the same ship must be able to spot other ships earlier comparing to ships with short structure! Earth -unless you haven't heard- is round so the highest point spots an item earlier than a shorter one.

Also , British Battleships from tier 8 and bigger have only two consumables slots available but they suposed that they were or would build with the newest technology available in the end of WW2. So to the British Battleships that do not have spotting or fighter planes as consumable they sould be able to choose between Radar and sonar . Bismarch (a ship that sunk in 1941) has such an accoustic device and Vanguard, Lion and Conqueror don't? Does this look fair to you?

Okay, so what are the nerfs and buff's to the other classes?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
2 hours ago, Anthoniusii said:

You are missing the point. Being in the edge means that , that Destroyer was at most 300-400 m away from my ship.

Replays are auto-enabled for everyone now. I'm pretty sure you havne't played more than 30 games in the last 2 hours. Just post yours here, we'll tell you how you screwed up

1 hour ago, Anthoniusii said:

Yes actually depending on EACH ship's size (legth, hight).

Concealment is dependent of ships height already :fish_palm:

This is why some cruisers - like Moskva - are spotted from further away than some BBs - like Conq. Moskvas highest point simply goes quite a bit higher up than Conqs.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,013 posts
7,380 battles

I have to say, that I am not surprised at all, if we never see any replay...

Just the typical tin-foil-hat behaviour.

Players
30 posts

does my smoke affect my ability to spot enemy ships? I was firing on a kurfurst from 5.4km away in chung mu I smoked up and boom he disappeared from 5.4km away. He re appeared 2.6 km away from me at which point I was spotted and destroyed

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,013 posts
7,380 battles
1 minute ago, locky92003 said:

does my smoke affect my ability to spot enemy ships? I was firing on a kurfurst from 5.4km away in chung mu I smoked up and boom he disappeared from 5.4km away. He re appeared 2.6 km away from me at which point I was spotted and destroyed

1. Yes, if you are within the smoke boundaries you need someone outside to spot enemy ships for you.
  2. Remind your smoke firing penalty.
  3. And 2km are the assured detection range in this game (3km with a possible upgrade).

[4_0_4]
Players
5,058 posts
11,210 battles

Why am I not surprised to see a borderriding BBaby cry his outmost about torpedos?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
10 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I have to say, that I am not surprised at all, if we never see any replay...

Just the typical tin-foil-hat behaviour.

Obviously. Replay would prove him wrong. Hence us asking for it is the instant end of this thread. Mods might aswell close it now

3 minutes ago, locky92003 said:

Yes, smoke works both ways. When you are in smoke you can see only the ships that your allies are spotting / ships who have fired their main guns and are close enough to you that their smoke firing range is more than distance to you.

In your case GK held fire, no ally was spotting him, and then he spotted you in one of the 3 possible ways:

• Hydro
  • He had Target Acquisition instead of Concealment in 5th slot
  • You kept firing your guns, I think Chung Mus smoke detection was something like 2.9km

You saw him at 2.6km because then he finally fired at you, and that's presumably what killed you

Spoiler

[COTNS]
Players
173 posts
3,249 battles

honestly it was likely the DD just had radar captain skill and had u located....if so he could take a pretty good guess where you were and just torp a bit ahead and hope for the best... especially if u were on the maps edge... he knows that is X amount of meters away meaning he should lead his torps X amount.... 

[COR3]
Players
425 posts
9,847 battles
14 hours ago, Anthoniusii said:

Map : Two Brothers

Ship : Vanguard

Sailing in the EDGE of the map in block F1.

Suddenly from the SAME EDGE 4 torpedos apear from a destroyer .

No smoke cloud.

Conclusion: Vanguard had blind sailors for crew.

Conclusion 2: That destroyer has an elvish cloak of invisibillity (good job WG/Lord of the Rings)

Conclusion 3: That destroyer use Klingon invisibillity mechanism (good job WG/Star Trek).

Conclusion 4: That destroyer participated in Philadelpheia experiment.

Conclusion FINAL: The spotting system sucks. You have followed the same patern that ruined World of Tanks making invisisble ships in distances less than 2 kms simply because they are Destroyers no matter that most of tham are from 80 to 100m long ships!!!!

Extra: Question: Why British Battleships do not have a third consumable slot like every other nation's battleships have?

1st you give British Battleships the same ammount of hit points other factions Cruisers have and then you give them a slot less!!!

Extra 2: For those are not fammiliar with World of Tanks (i played it from patch 0.6.0 to 0.9.11) a vehicle with the title "tank destroyer" is totaly invisible EVEN if its size is equal of a two stores building!!!

The same mistake WoWs makes with invisible Destroyers.

BUG? A ship is located and zoom in to aim better. When zoom in is complete the target simply disapears even if its a aircraft carrier in distances less that 12 kms!

Bravo!!!!

Conclusion 1-4 All True, it was the mighty BB Killing Fairy of Destroyers that can torp without beeing seen...

Other than that was a Carrier in your Game? They can drop from there.

Consumable Question: The Heal of British BB's simply is so much better than any other Heal, one has to manage it correctly.

Still couldn't find a replay in the thread and since the whole mechanic ususally works fine i don't get what "edge" you are on about.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
7 hours ago, The_Reichtangle said:

The Heal of British BB's simply is so much better than any other Heal

Only Nelson, Lion and Conq get the 2%. Then there's Warspite with 0.6% instead of 0.5%. And then there are 10 other RN BBs (that's 71.4% of all RN BBs), including Vanguard, with perfectly normal heals

@Anthoniusii how's that replay coming?

[4_0_4]
Players
5,058 posts
11,210 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I guess he got it deactivated :Smile_trollface:

You know, properly one of the people, who claimed in the past that they know nothing about programming so they couldn't activate Replays and yet now that WG has made it active by standart, they somehow managed to deactivate it

[COR3]
Players
425 posts
9,847 battles
14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Only Nelson, Lion and Conq get the 2%. Then there's Warspite with 0.6% instead of 0.5%. And then there are 10 other RN BBs (that's 71.4% of all RN BBs), including Vanguard, with perfectly normal heals

Wrong, she has the warspite heal.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
9 hours ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Wrong, she has the warspite heal.

So wiki's over 2 months out of date? Great, it already was nearly useless when they kept updating it :fish_palm:

/after looking it up properly/ Still 0.6% vs 0.5% is barely any change, and for some magical reason US BBs now get it better anyway. The reduced cooldown probably makes more difference than the increased healing rate

[GOLD]
Players
63 posts
10,393 battles

My guess it was a CV that torped him from outside the map.

Sign in to follow this