Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
YellowSubmarine

#MerryLittleShipmas Contest Rewards

24 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
12,092 battles

Oi!

I have won #MerryLittleShipmas contest. Rewards were 24 Premium days [received] and "surprise" worth 50 euro.

image.png.de02d59674ef3f126658cea8e9b1632b.png

"Surprise" was a campaign: THE STEEL MONSTERS CAMPAIGN access. Nice. But for sure not worth 50 euro. Moreover: campaign bundle contains 2019 doubloons, which I have not received. So this "surprise" is valued about 40 euro. Not 50. 

Answer [ID 116810370] which I get for a ticket was: it is not us. We canno into prizes. Those guys from marketing are responsible for rewards. Go for forum. Cry  there. 

So I do.

Making it short: I have not received reward that is worth 50 euro. 

What and when can You anything do about this, dear WG?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
1 hour ago, YellowSubmarine said:

But for sure not worth 50 euro.

The sum worth of stuff you get from the campaign was approximately 50eur. So... it kinda "is"

Moreover: campaign bundle contains 2019 doubloons, which I have not received.

That sounds like the PEF 5-stage mission. You need to play PEF to get that steel.

Either that or is it the steel you get from completing the campaign? So again - you need to play the game to get it.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
11 posts
12,092 battles
15 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

The sum worth of stuff you get from the campaign was approximately 50eur. So... it kinda "is"

That sounds like the PEF 5-stage mission. You need to play PEF to get that steel.

Either that or is it the steel you get from completing the campaign? So again - you need to play the game to get it.

*edited

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,092 posts
8,476 battles

Well its sad, and what would have happened if you already had that mission purchased?

Tag in MrConway and Tuccy in your original post, you may have their attention easier that way.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
15 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

*edited

Which is 50eur, yeah.

You yourself even linked to the premium shop, where it's clearly listed as 49.99eur.

Strefs did a value comparison where stuff in the campaign, if bought on its own, costs 58.45eur

Nothing "40" about that

*edited

Misread the Doubloons / Steel part.

Clearly from the Campaign you get no Doubloons, and there are no Doubloons listed in the reward image you provided in the opening post. From where did you pull out that you should get 2019 of them?

The only case of "2019 something" I've seen is the 2019 Steel from PEF missions, which I already mentioned

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

*edited

Erm, he did post something constructive, you on the other hand...

So yeah, as already explained, go ahead and play PEF, dotn bother tagging anyone, you dont really want help.

Players
11 posts
12,092 battles
14 hours ago, Juanx said:

Erm, he did post something constructive, you on the other hand...

So yeah, as already explained, go ahead and play PEF, dotn bother tagging anyone, you dont really want help.

*edited

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
3 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

What about this then? And it is worth less than 50 euro. 

image.png.a78d0c7a86b9d78203b8b3d5ffa55108.png

Ahh, got your drift.

As you yourself said - you got the CAMPAIGN access, not the bundle.

Now, when we take those doubloons out of Strefs sum ( https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/110539-steel-monsters-campaign-worth-it/ ) that leaves you with 49...50eur worth of stuff in the campaign. That's still 50eur

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
23 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

And what if finishing campaign is beyond my skillz?

Seems like a YOU problem, you might want to blog it.

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
50 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Well that's a "you" issue, not a "reward" issue. Also you have 6 months to do it, can't be that hard.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,312 posts
7,736 battles

with 11232 battles I am going to presume you will complete it in under 2 weeks if you play as you normally do and its in tier 5 and above

I completed it in around a week and wasn't even trying that hard

as for what you have been given as a prize it seems that the 2019 doubloons and the campaign amount to around 50 euros and as such you will have to accept that

if you never received your doubloons then you need to link a admin to look at the post because there is nothing anyone can do to help

on another note your attitude stinks when people have given you a fair honest answer and all your going to do is get less help or reply to any of your posts

Players
11 posts
12,092 battles
4 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

if you never received your doubloons then you need to link a admin to look at the post because there is nothing anyone can do to help

thx,

how to link admin?

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,135 posts
17,733 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

As you yourself said - you got the CAMPAIGN access, not the bundle.

What he said, if what you won was named CAMPAIGN access, it would not include 2019 gold. If it was named CAMPAIGN bundle, it would include the gold.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,135 posts
17,733 battles

Yes, it is kinda strange how they sold this campaign, because for your money you don t really get anything when you pay.

[GC4F]
Players
2 posts
541 battles

Hey, I have also won this amazing "worth 50 euro" prize. Not gonna lie, I am also a bit bummed by the fact that it's price doesn't match the promise that WG made in the contest announcement.

Also, to be honest, 4000 steel from the campaign can get me nothing (Flint, the cheapest steel ship is 8700 steel with the coupon), as I am a relatively new (well, 300 battles since 2015), casual player with no aspirations for competitive gameplay, so I don't really benefit from the prize (though I can't really be mad at that, as that's actually "me" kind of problem).

16 hours ago, kfa said:

Well its sad, and what would have happened if you already had that mission purchased?

Tag in MrConway and Tuccy in your original post, you may have their attention easier that way.

@kfa

The other winner, @Aufklarer_UK had the campaign puchased beforehand, he got some lootboxes as a compensation (10 of the biggest ones if I recall correctly, also not near the 50 euro price tag).

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles

The prizes you received have a value of around 50 Euros when calculated based on the doubloon value - this can of course differ from a given final prize in the shop.

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with what you received, we'll try to be clearer about what the prize will be next time.

Players
92 posts
3,917 battles

I think this is a **** as the OP won.and got something FOR FREE and is trying to say it doesn't equal the full value...If you don't like it ask if you can give it to someone who would appreciate it.

Players
11 posts
12,092 battles
On 1/9/2019 at 6:07 PM, ReapingKnight said:

I think this is a **** as the OP won.and got something FOR FREE and is trying to say it doesn't equal the full value...If you don't like it ask if you can give it to someone who would appreciate it.

*edited

By accepting these terms and uploading your artwork, you grant Wargaming a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, and distribute your artwork, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). Any such use of your artwork by Wargaming may be without any compensation paid to you.

There is nothing "FOR FREE" bhoy

On 1/9/2019 at 6:53 PM, FishDogFoodShack said:

How much *edited do you have to be to make a thread like this?

A lot, wanna some?

Edited by m_nick
Inappropriate remarks

Sign in to follow this