You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Please hurry up with the CV rework.

62 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
707 posts
12,209 battles

Yet again I was in a game with a Essex Captain 21 + games with 31% win rate and he was happy to "well it's not Ranked is it" :cap_fainting:Roll on the CV rework (and yes we lost)

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,386 posts
18,974 battles

my bet:

after one month with new gameplay on live u gonna wish to have these times back :Smile_popcorn:.... oh, i only can post coz i got dropped by 3 tb squads on my dd lol

• Cool 9

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,723 posts
14,669 battles

I agree. Please hurry up with the rework, I can't wait for my 300k average damage and 95% WR.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 10
  • Bad 2

Players
4,677 posts
9,470 battles

Yeah I agree, time to roll out that imbalanced mess to Live Servers ^^ 'cause 270k average dmg and 100% Winrate are the CV nerf all have been waiting for 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,540 posts
6,887 battles
1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

my bet:

after one month with new gameplay on live u gonna wish to have these times back :Smile_popcorn:.... oh, i only can post coz i got dropped by 3 tb squads on my dd lol

Well, there will be a lot CV games in future. Right now, many people don't like CVs, but the games are more rare.

• Bad 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,540 posts
6,887 battles
13 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

Yeah I agree, time to roll out that imbalanced mess to Live Servers ^^ 'cause 270k average dmg and 100% Winrate are the CV nerf all have been waiting for 

You seem to be pretty good with such stats :-|

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
928 posts
4,914 battles

No please let us not, because its even more unbalanced then the current model.....

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,872 battles
43 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I agree. Please hurry up with the rework, I can't wait for my 300k average damage and 95% WR.

I don’t know what game you’ll be in, or where on the map you will be. But I have a very specific sets of skills. Skills that will cause problems for you. I will find you and I will ram you 

:cap_rambo::Smile_izmena:

• Funny 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,727 posts
9,234 battles

Yes please hurry up. 

I want to uninstall the game in protest of how hairbrainned the entire CV rework is and watch the crap show unfurl from the sidelines while I wait out the storm until next year. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,540 posts
6,887 battles
3 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I don’t know what game you’ll be in, or where on the map you will be. But I have a very specific sets of skills. Skills that will cause problems for you. I will find you and I will ram you 

:cap_rambo::Smile_izmena:

It's just funny, that people think, that the bot farming simulator will be the same like playing against players. When I played a non-CV on the testserver, I had no trouble against the CV :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,723 posts
14,669 battles
4 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

It's just funny, that people think, that the bot farming simulator will be the same like playing against players.

Oh, it won't be.

It will be even better because the average player is far more braindead than bots will ever be.

4 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

When I played a non-CV on the testserver, I had no trouble against the CV :cap_haloween:

That just tells you that the skill gap is still massive, doesn't it?

Meanwhile I was able to absolutely murder player captained Worcesters with no issue nor particularly heavy losses.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
1,933 posts
12,769 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

That just tells you that the skill gap is still massive, doesn't it?

Meanwhile I was able to absolutely murder player captained Worcesters with no issue nor particularly heavy losses.

Don't spoil the fun yet. Let them have hope. The forum will be much more interesting afterwards when their hopes and dreams of a balanced CV rework are shattered.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
4,677 posts
9,470 battles
14 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

It's just funny, that people think, that the bot farming simulator will be the same like playing against players. When I played a non-CV on the testserver, I had no trouble against the CV :cap_haloween:

Bots play better then >50% of human players. They angle, use Consumeables, turn into your Torpedo bombers (!) and try to juke by breaking / accelerating. So yeah, you will farm even harder on live.  Oh, and they move as a Fleet :P 

• Funny 1

[PK11]
Beta Tester
712 posts
10,977 battles
Vor 10 Minuten, El2aZeR sagte:

It's  not really losses but rather "attack opportunities temporarily denied", isn't it?

• Funny 1

[PK11]
Beta Tester
712 posts
10,977 battles
Vor 26 Minuten, Pikkozoikum sagte:

You seem to be pretty good with such stats :-|

Nah, that's on a bad day.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,723 posts
14,669 battles
Just now, Donnerturm said:

It's  not really losses but rather "attack opportunities temporarily denied", isn't it?

Eh, true.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,540 posts
6,887 battles
5 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

Bots play better then >50% of human players. They angle, use Consumeables, turn into your Torpedo bombers (!) and try to juke by breaking / accelerating. So yeah, you will farm even harder on live.  Oh, and they move as a Fleet :P 

Stock ships, 0 Cpatain skills, no modules? :)

Weekend Tester
928 posts
4,914 battles

Allow me to run down my own impressions of this rework.

First test: Omg this is so cool i cant wait for them to actually implement AA intractability and to balance out the plane spawns.

Second test: I cant wait for the AA interactivity and Limited plane spawns.

Third test: What have they changed?

Fourth: Was there even a forth i dono i lost interest at this point.

PTE: Why is the AA interactivity still not implemented? And why are planes still unlimited?

Personally, What is see is WG fixing the most pointless things like UI bugs or what not instead of actually focusing on the actual problems that plague this stupid rework that were there since the initial test. Just because it was "Ok" and "acceptable" in the initial "gameplay" test, doesn't mean it is in the current pre-release balance test. It just blows my mind how a company can receive so much feedback on one topic and still decide to ignore because they think that is not part of their agenda in the crusade against the carrier gameplay. 

If you're gonna do it, do it right. Stop rushing the damn thing out. Its broken and nobody likes it. Even people that liked it through testing f****** hate it because of the issues that persist ever since the beginning.

EDIT:

I completely forgot the lack of carrier controls when controlling a squadron, but at this point i don't even care anymore.

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,540 posts
6,887 battles
2 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

PTE: Why is the AA interactivity still not implemented? And why are planes still unlimited?

Reloading one full torpedo squad of the Midway takes over 13 Minutes ;D

Players
3,769 posts
7,427 battles
24 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

It took me about 20 to 30 games in co-op to get the hang of the planes' handling, targeting, how much lead to give etc, once you've mastered that then every other ship is pretty much food for CV.

Most likely you were up against CV players who'd played one game at T4 then FXP'd their way to T10, once you start meeting players with even fairly minimal experience you'll find them to be considerably more trouble.

10 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Stock ships, 0 Cpatain skills, no modules? :)

It looked to me like the bots in co-op had their AI turned up to high and they behaved a lot like most human players, I didn't check but I would be surprised if they didn't also have upgraded ships and captains.

• Bad 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,004 posts
5,968 battles
6 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Reloading one full torpedo squad of the Midway takes over 13 Minutes ;D

One of the Hak torp squads takes 99 secs per plane. So the full squad of 12 is nearly 20 minutes

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles

I wonder why do people think CV rework will be a general nerf for them?

It's less exciting than watching grass grow, but how could that ever be a nerf when you basically move at jet speeds with AA nerfed below the ground?

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,468 posts
36 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

Bots [...] try to juke by breaking / accelerating.

I've never observed this. They only slow down when they're close to colliding with something.