Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
royaltar

How to Warspite?

19 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
891 battles

Hi, I do not feel how to Warspite - i have 33% winrate this moment. When she is in T6 then there are a few good matches, but at T8 

- armor is not really relevant even with angling

- 16.3km range is just garbage

- 15s fire immunity is way too short

- i tried it as a trainer with 6 and 7 point captains

and it turned out to be a disaster.

My current conclusion she is not good as a trainer ship. All Youtube videos show her in T6 matches that you can not get nowadays too often, but she suffers in T8.

1. Should I give up on her as a trainer? Seems i need a 10+ point captain on her?

2. Should I install Spotting Aircraft Modification 1 to increase firing range for longer? Anybody has experience with that build?

3. I tried both builds with Damage Control System Mod2 and Steering Gear Mod2 but the success rate was not really different - any advice?

[CATS]
Players
16,359 posts
11,328 battles
6 minutes ago, royaltar said:

1. Should I give up on her as a trainer? Seems i need a 10+ point captain on her?

2. Should I install Spotting Aircraft Modification 1 to increase firing range for longer? Anybody has experience with that build?

3. I tried both builds with Damage Control System Mod2 and Steering Gear Mod2 but the success rate was not really different - any advice?

• armor is sufficient when angling
  • range is suffcient, you do not want to snipe
  • skill Basics of Survivalbility and be more careful with your positioning
  • Damage Control System Mod is better, especially when you have trouble with fire
  • BB begin to shine with 6 point captains, but 3 points can be ok too

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,092 posts
8,476 battles

Agreed Warspite is the best T6 BB.

Best guns in tier, best penetration + best BB accuracy in the game apart from Yamato.

Small size with DD-like turning circle and special heal which repairs more than normal.

1. Go for fire prevention build

2. Play it mid to long range, other BBs like Mutsu or Bayern, Friedrich will most likely land 2 shells per salvo at 15km.

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
7 minutes ago, kfa said:

Agreed Warspite is the best T6 BB.

Best guns in tier, best penetration + best BB accuracy in the game apart from Yamato.

Yeah, no. By far not the best pen at T6. Nowhere close to best pen. Warspite is just a bit above Mutsu in pen and only beats Mutsu at range. Pretty much all the small caliber BBs except PEF beat Warspite in penetration and if you want the greatest combination of overmatch and pen, then there's West Virginia which basically just punches through anything that isn't reinforced plating or belt at autobounce angles.

Here, courtesy of LWM:

Spoiler

ybv2IuK.png

According to the same source she used, Warspite's respective values are 564 mm, 473 mm and 396 mm.

Players
1,053 posts
7,982 battles

In general it's a mid-range ship. Doesn't quite have the brawling prowess (though the secondaries are actually pretty nice, due to decent range, good accuracy and forward placement).

Any T6 BB suffers in a T8 game, I feel like Warspite isn't an exception. BB's in general uptier the worst IMO.

It's a rare case of a ship where I use the spotter plane upgrade to extend the action time. While I think 16.3 km range is generally fine (no BB should ever aim to fight further back than this anyway), Warspite has such great accuracy that extending the range situationally can be useful.

In general, sneak close (concealment build of course) and murder everything with those accurate AP salvos.

[YEEET]
Players
1,217 posts
11,876 battles

Agree with all above - but it is mildly ironic that the ship with record for distance hitting a moving ship has such a short range. The real advantage is the turning - easier to turn than traverse the turrets!

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
3 hours ago, royaltar said:

but at T8

t6 BBs (or t6 ships in general) aren't really expected to do much in +2 MM. Nothing you can do about that, you are outclassed too much

Funny thing about this - 50% of t8 cruisers outrange you. The other 50% are really close (was it within 800m?) to your max range. Happy days, aye?

Warspite has 5s, a.k.a. the same as cruisers & DDs

For anything t5+ you kinda want at least a 10p captain so you get access to concealment

This might be viable for t8 matches, not necessary for t6 & t7 games

Pure preference for that one. You want to start / end your turns quicker, or you want fires to last a few seconds less?

• Cool 1

[M_OB]
Players
487 posts
4,078 battles

Warspite is alright but nowhere near the best T6 BB. Arizona, New Mexico, Fuso and West Virginia are all better.

Just as Yamato the Warspite is inconsistent. Despite it on paper having the most accurate guns you can never rely on her to punish a broadside target like you can with Arizona, New Mexico or Fuso. Very oftren you only get overpens or just total misses.

Fuso is arguably the best T6 BB because it has good AP and HE and its not as slow as the american ships.

Players
219 posts
5,749 battles
42 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

This might be viable for t8 matches, not necessary for t6 & t7 games

Wouldn't it be nice if you could use the ~40 seconds after seeing the matchmaking and before the match started to finalise your consumables.

Snooze, and you lose.

• Cool 2

Players
1,324 posts
7,893 battles

Warspite is a brilliant ship. Looks fantastic, her AP hits very hard (and her HE isn't bad). Great concealment (mine is 11.5k), good secondaries, she murders Cruisers and destroyers and you can cause serious damage to Tier VII and VIII BBs. But I keep losing in her, too. It's speed, really. Unless you're playing in a division with clan members, people won't wait to build around you. Same thing as happens with US BBs. So I prefer the French BBS, with their speed, flexibility and four gun turrets which enable you to deliver shotgun broadsides.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,049 posts
24,916 battles
7 hours ago, royaltar said:

Hi, I do not feel how to Warspite - i have 33% winrate this moment. When she is in T6 then there are a few good matches, but at T8 

My current conclusion she is not good as a trainer ship. All Youtube videos show her in T6 matches that you can not get nowadays too often, but she suffers in T8.

The DCP has a faster reload than other BBs, but lasts 5 s not 15 , meaning that you must judge the moments you turn it on.

Yes, she might be difficult w 6-7 p captains especially in T8 fights, but that is valid for all ships not just Warspite. You might try her in coop before you have 10 p captain.

However it depends on your overall skill, all ships suffers when uptiered. If you are experienced you will make up for that easier.

I like the Warspite, she has good guns and also workable secondaries.

But I do not need to suffer with less than 10 p captains now.

Players
7 posts
891 battles
8 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

In few words: Warspite is by far best tier6 bb, thats the fact.

Fact is Arizona is the best... 

Warship Tier Type Nation Battles Win rate Avg. frags Avg. damage Avg. experience Avg. planes destroyed Kills / deaths
Fuso 6 Battleship Japan 8 124 746 51.26% 0.83 44 455 1 056 0.76 1.73
New Mexico 6 Battleship U.S.A. 9 739 436 50.34% 0.76 39 693 1 021 0.88 1.51
Queen Elizabeth 6 Battleship U.K. 1 783 227 50.71% 0.71 42 791 1 055 1.57 1.32
Normandie 6 Battleship France 1 346 181 52.78% 0.89 47 269 1 115 0.25 1.8
Bayern 6 Battleship Germany 6 901 946 50.26% 0.73 40 475 993 1.23 1.39
Arizona 6 Battleship U.S.A. 772 224 54.65% 0.92 49 904 1 248 0.81 1.98
Dunkerque 6 Battleship France 1 912 113 51.61% 0.78 44 221 1 140 1.08 1.26
Prinz Eitel Friedrich 6 Battleship Germany 66 880 53.78% 0.93 46 550 1 465 2.88 1.74
Mutsu 6 Battleship Japan 353 164 51.22% 0.78 45 712 1 173 0.57 1.39
W. Virginia 1941 6 Battleship U.S.A. 7 083 53.09% 0.83 50 556 1 238 0.64 1.73
Warspite 6 Battleship U.K. 1 884 316 50.99% 0.8 43 050 1 168 0.97 1.48

Any particular advice you have?

Players
7 posts
891 battles
1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

The DCP has a faster reload than other BBs, but lasts 5 s not 15 , meaning that you must judge the moments you turn it on.

Yes, she might be difficult w 6-7 p captains especially in T8 fights, but that is valid for all ships not just Warspite. You might try her in coop before you have 10 p captain.

However it depends on your overall skill, all ships suffers when uptiered. If you are experienced you will make up for that easier.

I like the Warspite, she has good guns and also workable secondaries.

But I do not need to suffer with less than 10 p captains now.

Thanks!

I installed Spotter Airplane Mod 1 on in and it handles better now - i am an average player and rush too early in, bad habit. Then somehow i am focus fired most of the time (T8 ships want to eat) So i will try shooting from range at the beginning and move in with the rest of the team later.

Maneuverability is good, speed is not so good, but it seems i have to try repositioning myself more carefully.

What i did not really understand that in QE i managed to have 50% rate with 10pt captain (4pt skill was fire  prevention) and the handling is very similar, except it has 17.1km range - so it seems to me that with Warspite i just stupidly rushed in to get in range...

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Warspite is alright but nowhere near the best T6 BB. Arizona, New Mexico, Fuso and West Virginia are all better.

Just as Yamato the Warspite is inconsistent. Despite it on paper having the most accurate guns you can never rely on her to punish a broadside target like you can with Arizona, New Mexico or Fuso. Very oftren you only get overpens or just total misses.

Fuso is arguably the best T6 BB because it has good AP and HE and its not as slow as the american ships.

You can punish broadside cruisers fine. You can hurt broadside BBs a lot. The key reason for Warspite to be this useful in stuff like T6 Ranked is that it can overmatch and when you fight a West Virginia, both angled, you have way better dispersion and sigma, landing more overmatching shots. Provided you don't max range snipe, the pen is still adequate. And Fuso is a good ship, but lacks overmatch, as well as having a vulnerable citadel.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Warspite armour is bad vs anything larger than 14" guns... If a T8  BB with 16" guns look at you then only RNG stops you getting obliterated.

I used to really enjoy the ship, took a captain to 19pts before RN BBs came.

Current meta of fast BBs and IF HE spammers makes it more difficult to do well in Warspite I guess. 

It's all about the guns anyway. I think only Vanguard and Yam are more accurate. Beware as the 15" AP shatter quite easily but pretty much anything in the MM you meet can be punished, try not to use HE. 

Players
2,681 posts
2,941 battles
15 hours ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Yeah overpens are a thing - and 12 guns with smaller caliber are better punishing cruisers.

However... QE (which is almost the same) is better at punishing broadside BBS than Arizona/New Mex.

Indeed broadside cruisers, they can be a problem due to having (only) 8 guns and overpen.

Might buy Warspite when the price is low enough... for now I just got an extra portslot and re-instated QE.

Last British BB that I REALLY liked.  :cap_like:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Warspite, Arizona, Fuso and maybe WV can all compete for the top spot of T6 BB. Can even argue Mutsu can be in that number. 

All have either high calibre, loads of guns and/or accuracy. 

Sign in to follow this