Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Has anyone noticed changes to GK?

22 comments in this topic

Players
1,107 posts
8,552 battles

I played my GK this morning for the first time in about 4 weeks.

I noticed today that the accuracy of the guns is appalling in that I fired full separate salvos at an Amagi and Conqueror at 13-14km distance and not a single shell hit the ships I aimed at.

Every shell fired bracketed the Amagi and Conqueror the Conqueror was literally broadside to me. After 3 salvos I had not a single hit.. yet after retreating a full salvo from my guns puts down a Cleveland at 17km and citadels a Salem..

Is it me, perhaps because I haven't played her for 4 weeks, or has something changed with dispersion?

[NWP]
Players
4,637 posts
6,366 battles

Last game i played with GK ~10 days ago i had the bestest dispersion ever :fish_cute_2:

guess not hitting is just BB stuff :fish_aqua:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles

Nothing has changed, it's just RNG as per usual

Even accurate ships like Yamato and Montana can get those salvos, not even talking about something like GK on whom you most likely don't have ASM1 in 3rd slot.

Players
1,107 posts
8,552 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

not even talking about something like GK on whom you most likely don't have ASM1 in 3rd slot.

No, that's true as I run the secondary mod...

Okay thanks @DFens_666 & @wilkatis_LV

[M_OB]
Players
487 posts
4,086 battles

Dunno if something has changed with it, I used to love it but I absolutely hate it now. Feels like a gigantic damage pinata. Cant tank worth a damn and gets spotted from the other side of the map.

• Cool 2

[PK11]
Beta Tester
712 posts
10,977 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, DFens_666 sagte:

Last game i played with GK ~10 days ago i had the bestest dispersion ever :fish_cute_2:

Good, better, best, bestest. Love it.

[RTRUK]
Players
29 posts
5,185 battles

I've just completed the grind to the GK, having previously completed the Russian DD grind.  I suspect that nothing much (or at all) has changed with the GK.  I think it's probably just the case that the current "meta" - get in to cover - spam HE - is hard on the GK which is such a huge target with poor concealment. Rest assured the game will be tweaked again and likely as not the GK will benefit.   

[RTRUK]
Players
29 posts
5,185 battles

On the subject of the GK, can I ask what is the deal with her spotting planes? Far too many to actually use in a 20 min game, or am I suffering from brain failure (it does happen)?

thanks,

Alex

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
38 minutes ago, aph_73 said:

I think it's probably just the case that the current "meta" - get in to cover - spam HE - is hard on the GK which is such a huge target with poor concealment.

What you forgot to add there is the :etc_swear:-proof armour shattering nearly all incoming HE. BBs, CBs, German CAs and IFHE HIV are the only ships that can at least semi-reliably HE-pen a GK. Everyone else has a case of "go superstructure or go home"

6 minutes ago, aph_73 said:

On the subject of the GK, can I ask what is the deal with her spotting planes? Far too many to actually use in a 20 min game, or am I suffering from brain failure (it does happen)?

That's the case with most (at least high-tier) ships that have spotters. Not like it matters, you don't pay any extra for more / less of them used

[RTRUK]
Players
29 posts
5,185 battles
30 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

What you forgot to add there is the :etc_swear:-proof armour shattering nearly all incoming HE. BBs, CBs, German CAs and IFHE HIV are the only ships that can at least semi-reliably HE-pen a GK. Everyone else has a case of "go superstructure or go home"

Sorry mate, not understanding you. I am working off this video 

As far as I know it's still legit and as you can (or will see) pen is not required to significantly hurt your ship.

As for the spotter plane thing, by my reckoning the game would need to last a minimum of 57 minutes to use them all ( I might have spotter mod applied).  Wondered if I was missing something.

Thanks.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
19 minutes ago, aph_73 said:

As far as I know it's still legit and as you can (or will see) pen is not required to significantly hurt your ship.

You can still set fires without penetrating, but that's Fire not HE damage

Fire damage can be 100% healed and there are a lot of ways to reduce enemy fire chance and fire duration. Hell, you can even combine both midships fires into one. Plus, ofc, Dmg-Con to instantly put them out and gain 15s immunity from new fires being started.

Fires are very farm from being "significant" damage, not until the point where the ship has been on fire for half of the match.

Watch this for an example. Montana, which is quite vulnerable to HE, shrugging it off like it's nothing. Meanwhile if the ship there was a GK that 74k HE dmg taken would have been so so much lower. Probably some 20k on superstructure... and that's it. If even that much.

Spoiler

Put the video on 2x speed, otherwise it makes for quite a boring watch

Just put 2 DMs vs a Republic (all over 32mm plating) and compare that to 2 DMs vs a GK (basically all over impenetrable).

I wonder if the Republic will die before GK even reaches 50% HP. Probably yes.

*2 DMs because 1 may be easily killed. Might even be better (and quicker) to use 3. Also 203s & no torps*

19 minutes ago, aph_73 said:

As for the spotter plane thing, by my reckoning the game would need to last a minimum of 57 minutes to use them all ( I might have spotter mod applied).  Wondered if I was missing something.

I think it was something along the lines of base amount = the real amount carried by the ship, and then we get more from stuff like premium version of the consumable and Superintendent captain skill.

You're highly unlikely to use more than 2 of them in a battle, not even talking about all of them.

[RTRUK]
Players
29 posts
5,185 battles

Hi Wilkatis_LV,

I know that fire damage is not the same as other damage, but afaik it can still destroy you.  Now I am too old to remember high school maths but I think that if I remember formula correctly than a Zao hitting with a full HE broadside has about a 94% chance of setting one or more fires (if a full broadside hits, not allowing for defensive modifiers) every 4.5 seconds.  British BBs also very high fire chance etc.  I'm fairly new to the GK but my experience is that go forward too quickly and expect to have multiple fire set within 30 seconds of opening fire. So I get why this ship is hard to play at the moment.   Better players may have a different experience.   I also only have a 10 point captain for my GK.  However I share the OPs experience that playing the GK can be difficult, (due to constant HE hits from ships I can't shoot back at), better players may have counter strategies.

On spotters, I don't get why the game would allow more of a resource than can be used, just wanted to check I wasn't mad.

Thanks,

Alex

[NWP]
Players
4,637 posts
6,366 battles
1 hour ago, aph_73 said:

I know that fire damage is not the same as other damage, but afaik it can still destroy you.  Now I am too old to remember high school maths but I think that if I remember formula correctly than a Zao hitting with a full HE broadside has about a 94% chance of setting one or more fires (if a full broadside hits, not allowing for defensive modifiers) every 4.5 seconds.  British BBs also very high fire chance etc. 

You should always try to dodge salvos. If you manage that, then they will hit less shells, which means receiving less fires. Ontop of that, RN BBs do have a high fire chance, but they still have BB dispersion, so naturally they will hit less often.

If you have heal and DCP on CD, simply go undetected and wait till they are back up again. If you cant go undetected, you overextended and deserve the punishment.

1 hour ago, aph_73 said:

I'm fairly new to the GK but my experience is that go forward too quickly and expect to have multiple fire set within 30 seconds of opening fire

If you have problems with fires, use all available options to reduce fire chance and fire duration

- DCSM 1 + 2 in slot 2 and 4 for modules

- Anti-fire Signal and November-Foxtrot for shorter CD on consumables helps aswell

- Fire prevention, BoS captain skills (if you wanna go over the top use JoaT and/or High alert aswell) but CE is still better than FP.

There are many ways to help you fight fires. When you are good, you dont need em. If you are not so good, they surely can help you. Using secondary builds or whatever can be nice and fun sometimes, but if you have problems with fires, then go with a build that helps YOUR playstyle.

Players
4,085 posts
6,478 battles
5 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

Can it get any bettererer? :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, aph_73 said:

However I share the OPs experience that playing the GK can be difficult, (due to constant HE hits from ships I can't shoot back at), better players may have counter strategies.

I´d say, the meta right now is not easy for high tier BBs. Currently, a lot of people play CVs and especially german BBs are the prime target of AP Bombers. Also, it puts more stress on your DCP-management. On top of that, we have still somewhat new ships like Harugumo and Worcester (the absolute rush has passed tho), which can burn you bad, thats is true. Then the BB-AP-nerf against DDs... Personally, Id say, its not the best time to start with the Kurfürst.

Players
1,856 posts
6,935 battles
15 hours ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Dunno if something has changed with it, I used to love it but I absolutely hate it now. Feels like a gigantic damage pinata. Cant tank worth a damn and gets spotted from the other side of the map.

Exactly the same as me.

It's in the wrong Meta (HE spam and camping teams).

Never used to be like that. 

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
16 hours ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Well, they do not call it the Currywurst for nothing. 

Usually, when you see it is is getting roasted. 

[SHAD]
Players
557 posts

People are usually too eager to get their secondaries firing. I used to do that. Now I pick my moments and rarely have two fires win no dam con available.

Players
814 posts
13,031 battles

I haven't played mine for a while (I knocked off her flake the first day they appeared and didn't touch her again since) but I suppose I, and @DFens_666 as well, received al the RNG blessings that were negated to you, because I scored 5 citadels on that battle IIRC and I'm not particularly good at aiming with BBs.

42 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

People are usually too eager to get their secondaries firing. I used to do that. Now I pick my moments and rarely have two fires win no dam con available.

I agree. It's a bit hard getting rid of certain habits though: when epicentre mode was introduced in the current Ice Islands, and specially with the storm, I tried to get my Friedrich der Große (full secondaries with AR) as close as I could in order to act as area denial. Let's just say it didn't work as expected.

17 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

Spoiler

Long live Molvania!

Salute.

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
942 posts
4,306 battles

GK always had crap guns. When I got it ages ago I missed broadsiding zaos from 11km multiple times. It happens.

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles
6 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

I haven't played mine for a while (I knocked off her flake the first day they appeared and didn't touch her again since) but I suppose I, and @DFens_666 as well, received al the RNG blessings that were negated to you, because I scored 5 citadels on that battle IIRC and I'm not particularly good at aiming with BBs.

I agree. It's a bit hard getting rid of certain habits though: when epicentre mode was introduced in the current Ice Islands, and specially with the storm, I tried to get my Friedrich der Große (full secondaries with AR) as close as I could in order to act as area denial. Let's just say it didn't work as expected.

Well, my usual 'modus operandi' (in Monarch) when I see a Currywurst on the enemy team, is as follows:

- when it gets detected (and it will...) I go in range and shoot HE on it;

- ...then try to set a permafire: 20kXP, thank you. 

- sometimes the Currywurst fires back. Good luck then, I have 11km concealment and shoot from 13-14km.

- IF he shoots at me at all, he probably will not hit me (troll dispersion...) and if he does, well, usually damage... but 20k...yummie.

The point is, that Currywurst is a big pinata, and I need t get my damage up. 30k or I make a creditloss. 

So, (and the same goes for Musashi, Yamato and Fat Freddy) I fire at those Xp pinatas. Simpel as that.

[NWP]
Players
4,637 posts
6,366 battles
36 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Got like 8 cits with >200k damage, that game was crazy :Smile_hiding:

Blapping Cruisers across the map :cap_haloween:

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles
20 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I played my GK this morning for the first time in about 4 weeks.

I noticed today that the accuracy of the guns is appalling in that I fired full separate salvos at an Amagi and Conqueror at 13-14km distance and not a single shell hit the ships I aimed at.

Every shell fired bracketed the Amagi and Conqueror the Conqueror was literally broadside to me. After 3 salvos I had not a single hit.. yet after retreating a full salvo from my guns puts down a Cleveland at 17km and citadels a Salem..

Is it me, perhaps because I haven't played her for 4 weeks, or has something changed with dispersion?

Watch this:

between 0:10 and 1:50. This is just what WG intended to implement. Pure RNG console shooter. :cap_old:

Sign in to follow this