Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Balin333

Jean Bart detonation

11 comments in this topic

[-666-]
Beta Tester
7 posts
3,700 battles

Hi I was just detonated from almost full health in my fifth game in the Jean Bart. In over 3000 battles I never had a BB go like that. Was I just unlucky or do I need to use detonation flags on her? Is the Jean Bart more vulnerable than other BBs? It was a Musashi that hit me. Many thanks.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,705 posts
6,682 battles
9 minutes ago, Balin333 said:

Hi I was just detonated from almost full health in my fifth game in the Jean Bart. In over 3000 battles I never had a BB go like that. Was I just unlucky or do I need to use detonation flags on her? Is the Jean Bart more vulnerable than other BBs? It was a Musashi that hit me. Many thanks.

yes it can happen to BBs too.

In game and irl. (HMS Hood)

In game and in the case of BBs is more because of torps. But in your case must have been a shell, that ship can pen everything.

Detonations are rare and to happen a shell or a torp must hit a specific part of your ship

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,731 posts
14,679 battles

Any kind of damage that reaches your magazines can cause a detonation. This can include things that do not deal actual damage to your HP.

For example a nearby miss by an HE shell or bomb can detonate you as the explosion splash radius will overlap with your magazine spaces even if it doesn't actually deal any damage.

Or this can also happen:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianPowerfulYakinikuFeelsBadMan

The only change WG made to detonations is that nowadays a ship with 75%+ HP remaining can't be detonated anymore (the clip above predates that change by the way).

For more info on the subject, see here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detonation

[EW_YK]
Players
93 posts
12,169 battles

i remember in my yamato i was full health and go thit by 1 torp and detonated,but they change that and can not get detonated from full health now,but it is very rare in a bb to happen tho...

Players
1,107 posts
8,552 battles

I once took out a full health Montana with a single torpedo in my Shimakaze.. it happens and everyone has the same chance of scoring a full HP kill or receiving a full HP detonation.

Players
441 posts
4,967 battles

Had the same feeling when my stock Hipper was detonated in my second battle with her.

Never happened since.

It's just a bad roll, I guess.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,356 posts
12,576 battles

It happens. And no you do not need detonation flags on BB as detonations on BB tend to be rare. Jean Bart is not especially vulnerable to explosions, i.e. not more than every other BB out there.

Last time I was detonated in a BB was in my Tirpitz when I skillfully dodged all torpedoes out of a 8 torp spread apart from a single one which was going to hit me right below the second front turret. I already had my fingers on DCP and Repair Party and was like "ok, I will take this one in a manly fashion" when suddenly ***boom*** my screen went all grey. However this unfortunate event is like half a year away already.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,092 posts
8,476 battles

HE ammo vs Yamato

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,135 posts
17,731 battles
8 hours ago, Balin333 said:

I detonated twice during the same day (!) in Tirpitz.

[YEEET]
Players
1,217 posts
11,879 battles

You were unlucky. I detonated a Tirpitz the other day - he was about to destroy a friendly BB - I was in a Gadjah - so threw torps at him - warned friendly what I was doing but obviously he was a bit tied up so he didn't see my message - hit the friendly with 2 torps (Pink really doesn't suit me!) but a third seemed to go under him and hit the far healthier Tirpitz who detonated! My friendly BB, although considerably damaged by my torps (completely my fault for not aiming better) survived (and I protected him from incoming fire with smoke so he survived the battle, which we won) and the Tirpitz raged at the inequity of the whole incident - highly amusing and only 2 pink Co-Op battles to clear my name. I have detonated another BB with one torp before but must be 2 years ago - similar response!

Sign in to follow this