You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

I hate CV's and think the entire line should be deleted

35 comments in this topic

Players
76 posts
10,789 battles

I absolutely hate CV's.  I hate it when there are 4 in a match.  I hate how they spot everything and make everyone huddle together in a lemming train.  I hate the fact having bad or good CV captains sway games completely ... I just hate CV's and there is no other word for it.

I absolutely hate to see 4 cv's in a game.   I used just used to see this at tier 4 and 5 ... now CV's are doubling up abd ruining games in higher tiers.

Carriers and the people who play them are ruining the whole game and I hate them for it.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I share your loathing of CV's in this game OP. But it stretches too far to hate the players playing them. That's IMO utter bullocks. They are human beings like you and most part of me are. Don't start: I know I've been salty to levels I retrospectively deeply regret to CV players in game. I'm still waiting for the CV rework to come into action before making a final decision. So far from what I've seen it doesn't make me optimistic. Just saw Notsers 2 video's from a BB and a DD POV. The DD was totally helpless: a fully AA built Gearing couldn't do anything at all against the enemy CV. And that was even a bot.

My preliminary conclusion is CV's should be gotten rid of in wows. The aircraft carrier wasn't the total changer in warfare IRL. AFAIK all fleets are nowadays build around the carriers totally. There is no answer from a ship-2-air POV. Yeah I know I'm drawing the "realism card" in an arcade game. But still: there is IMO no balance to be found whatsoever in CV's. I love this game to my heart. But I want to duke it out ship to ship. and not by any form of game deciding aircraft. Yes I actually like aircraft games. But in those I played it was plane to plane duking out. The day I can get a gamecenter free wowp client I'll gladly give it a shot.

Parallel on topic: "what's your whining about game center Ferry?" Well I don't like things to be forced upon me. I won't do it until it's gone. And if it won't be gone I won't do it. Same thing I refuse to pay to park my car anywhere.

• Cool 3

Players
1,373 posts
5,380 battles

I wonder if, as a temporary thing, they'd remove playable CV's and replace them with bot CV's until the playable line is actually ready. That way there's still CV's to play against for AA ships in the mean time but their skill level is neutral for both sides. 

Then once the playable CV's are more polished, in another few months, they could be introduced more "cleanly". 

Not that it'll happen mind! 

[NWP]
Players
4,631 posts
6,363 battles
2 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I wonder if, as a temporary thing, they'd remove playable CV's and replace them with bot CV's until the playable line is actually ready. That way there's still CV's to play against for AA ships in the mean time but their skill level is neutral for both sides.

Because as a coop main you know bot CVs tend to be better than human CVs most of the time? :Smile_teethhappy:

Real answer: you wish :cap_old: WG already admitted that CVs wont be balanced because they can only test so much on the PTS.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,723 posts
14,669 battles

No worries, when the rework hits you will learn to appreciate current CVs.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5

[CATS]
Players
16,359 posts
11,328 battles
44 minutes ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

I absolutely hate CV's.  I hate it when there are 4 in a match.  I hate how they spot everything and make everyone huddle together in a lemming train.  I hate the fact having bad or good CV captains sway games completely ... I just hate CV's and there is no other word for it.

I absolutely hate to see 4 cv's in a game.   I used just used to see this at tier 4 and 5 ... now CV's are doubling up abd ruining games in higher tiers.

Carriers and the people who play them are ruining the whole game and I hate them for it.

Can you announce any louder that you cannot play this game?

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,195 posts
6,764 battles

Yeah, I also hate teams which doesn't matters how much you carry on, even if you sink 8 enemy ships, the team it's soo noob that you can't still win, even when playing in a cv...

*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82
edited due to naming and shaming
  • Bad 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

No worries, when the rework hits you will learn to appreciate current CVs.

IDK my friend. It can very well be I learn to appreciate other games....

• Cool 1

Players
3,769 posts
7,427 battles
29 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I share your loathing of CV's in this game OP. But it stretches too far to hate the players playing them. That's IMO utter bullocks. They are human beings like you and most part of me

Based on some of what I've seen from them at higher tiers, the question I've got to ask is:

Spoiler

image.png.1739a77dedc47f9395871ce0a1d38f41.png

• Funny 3

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
183 posts
6,068 battles
28 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

My preliminary conclusion is CV's should be gotten rid of in wows.

This; remove them.  

I cannot wait for the the new CV patch to hit; Wargaming will have a s***storm of epic proportions on its hands.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,872 battles
39 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

So you've never played a CV?

Well, the question should be “have you ever played CV well”.

• Bad 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,723 posts
14,669 battles
8 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

IDK my friend. It can very well be I learn to appreciate other games....

And yet when you crave naval combat you have nothing but WoWs to go to.

On an entirely serious note, one of the big problems with WoWs has always been that it holds a monopoly. NavyField has died years ago, Steel Ocean no one wants to play and WT Naval Battles is months, if not years away from a full release. That essentially means WG can do whatever they want without much fear of losing a substantial part of their playerbase.

• Cool 3

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
8 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Based on some of what I've seen from them at higher tiers, the question I've got to ask is:

Hide contents

image.png.1739a77dedc47f9395871ce0a1d38f41.png

Oh yeah! That guy will play infinitely better than the vast majority of people I see out there. Nowadays I get reported by taking an optimal position with max offensive and least risk doing my job. So that argument doesn't fly @Capra76

Players
4,771 posts
7,961 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

And yet when you crave naval combat you have nothing but WoWs to go to.

On an entirely serious note, one of the big problems with WoWs has always been that it holds a monopoly. NavyField has died years ago, Steel Ocean no one wants to play and WT Naval Battles is months, if not years away from a full release. That essentially means WG can do whatever they want without much fear of losing a pretty substantial part of their playerbase.

And to top it off, WT "realism" might prove somewhat unwanted, for example gunnery. BBs are almost certainly a no go, while player controlled aircraft capable of one shotting DD and smaller vessels with torps/bombs might bring warm fuzzy memories of "balanced" WoWs CV:cap_tea:

[4_0_4]
Players
5,058 posts
11,210 battles
2 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

Done for the year? New year, fresh start without hatred? Could be a good resolution for you in the new year.

Players
1,144 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Done for the year? New year, fresh start without hatred? Could be a good resolution for you in the new year.

Well its a fresh start for miss booogue and the gang :Smile_trollface:

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,841 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Dirty_Dunc sagte:

You have 228 CV games. Therefore you are ruining this game and I want you to be removed from the game.

• Funny 6

[NWP]
Players
1,933 posts
12,769 battles
10 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

Yeah, I also hate teams which doesn't matters how much you carry on, even if you sink 8 enemy ships, the team it's soo noob that you can't still win, even when playing in a cv...

Well, if you go sealclubbing, from time to time, you'll have all the seals on your side...

[THROW]
Players
658 posts
21,438 battles

Well let's just wait for all the threads when the rework hits that CVs are Op in the rework. I think too many people are reading the word rework as nerf. Oh you have a surprise coming for you if you do xD