Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralEnderWiggin

Remove startrek Smoke binocular

106 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
261 posts
5,612 battles

I think he's saying that a ship sitting in smoke should not be able to see outside of its smoke ring.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,466 posts
12,389 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralEnderWiggin said:

Remove exploit to see out of smoke if use that item, SUGGESTION : Binocular cant see if are in smoke, already cant see inside of smoke. P.S Radar isn't binocular.

Here are two thing I want to say:

 

1 - The opinion of someone hiding his stats holds little value. You are most likely a potato who can't play the game.

 

2 - Ships using smoke have been nerfed time and time again. High tier, with the proliferation of radar, is an example. RN CLs have been slapped with the smoke detection nerf. There is no point in making smoke even more useless than it is now.

 

So let me sum it up, it's not the ship, it's you.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
892 posts
8,670 battles
19 minutes ago, AdmiralEnderWiggin said:

Remove exploit to see out of smoke if use that item, SUGGESTION : Binocular cant see if are in smoke, already cant see inside of smoke. P.S Radar isn't binocular.

Since you just called me a noob ingame..... let me give you a SUGGESTION

tenor.gif?itemid=8126281

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,476 battles
12 minutes ago, RambaRal said:

I think he's saying that a ship sitting in smoke should not be able to see outside of its smoke ring.

 

Might aswell be, that he wants, a ship that is spotted inside of a smokescreeen, shouldnt be visible in zoom, only in normal view? But my guess is at good as yours :Smile_coin:

 

Somehow I have the feeling, @GarrusBrutus did horrible things to him, thats why he came here to share his ... feelings? :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles

We have only five emotes to Rate a post,  but the most important one is missing: the facepalm emote. 

  • Cool 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,213 posts
7,925 battles

you know what, as nonsensical as this thread is (as usual for him), it got a chuckle out of me because it made me imagine ships raising a 50 meter periscope to be able to see out of their smokescreens... :cap_look:

 

edit:

1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

We have only five emotes to Rate a post,  but the most important one is missing: the facepalm emote.  

yeah I've been thinking that for a while now...

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,476 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

it got a chuckle out of me because it made me imagine ships raising a 50 meter periscope to be able to see out of their smokescreens... :cap_look:

 

Oh no you just gave WG the idea for the next nation-gimmick-consumable. Well, guess it will be the thing of the italian cruisers then. :Smile_bajan2:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
135 posts
4,033 battles
19 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

ships raising a 50 meter periscope to be able to see out of their smokescreens... :cap_look:

 

I think smoke in game has infinite height so the periscope would need to be infinity +1 metres. :cap_look:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RTRUK]
Players
29 posts
5,177 battles

Whilst I have some sympathy for the premise that being able to see out of a smoke screen is silly, the reality is being able to shoot at things you shouldn't be able to see is crucial to this game.  Players behind islands shoot at targets they can't see, players in smoke screens shoot at ships they can't see.  I know there are some folks who think that because indirect fire is a thing, and they know third party targeting exists in the 21st century, that it should be possible for a ship to sit inside its own smoke and shoot out accurately.  It wasn't possible, but if we didn't have such things in WoW we wouldn't have a game; or at least we would have a very different one. Concealment and indirect fire is what makes small ships competitive with large ships. Without them, we haven't got a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,213 posts
7,925 battles
2 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

 

I think smoke in game has infinite height so the periscope would need to be infinity +1 metres. :cap_look:

...and would you really put that past WG? :Smile_trollface:

I was more thinking of the visuals though, the smokes aren't rendered with infinite height although they act like it :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,540 posts
6,887 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralEnderWiggin said:

Remove exploit to see out of smoke if use that item, SUGGESTION : Binocular cant see if are in smoke, already cant see inside of smoke. P.S Radar isn't binocular.

Technically the ships shooting on coordinates. But this wouldn't be fun in a game, so they tanslate it to a "shooter-like" gameplay. A ship inside a smoke can't "see", that's why they can't spot enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,311 posts
7,727 battles

how about

make ships in smoke invincible and then we can have even more fun with the op

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RTRUK]
Players
29 posts
5,177 battles
4 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Technically the ships shooting on coordinates. But this wouldn't be fun in a game, so they tanslate it to a "shooter-like" gameplay. A ship inside a smoke can't "see", that's why they can't spot enemies. 

True of course.  However even this would not work, because you also have to know your own position and orientation exactly, which you can't do because a ship in a smoke screen will be getting moved around by the sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,540 posts
6,887 battles
2 minutes ago, aph_73 said:

True of course.  However even this would not work, because you also have to know your own position and orientation exactly, which you can't do because a ship in a smoke screen will be getting moved around by the sea.

I'm pretty sure that aiming doesn't work like that. Ships often could shoot over the horizon, so they don't even see the enemy ship. That means the communications works with spotter, who are telling where which ship is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
16,359 posts
11,328 battles
27 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

 

I think smoke in game has infinite height so the periscope would need to be infinity +1 metres. :cap_look:

Planes can look over smoke...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
135 posts
4,033 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Planes can look over smoke...

 

I think you're wrong there, I haven't tested it so I can't be certain but I heard that smoke is infinitely high and that it does block plane line of sight, since then I have seen planes at less than 8k range disappear in game with the most likely explanation being a nearby smoke.

 

How certain are you? Is your assertion based on a WG statement, your own testing or something else? Without a WG statement or thorough testing of your own in a sterile environment like the training room I'm reluctant to accept your information as fact due to my own experiences in which planes cannot look over smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,540 posts
6,887 battles
Just now, Caughtintherain said:

 

I think you're wrong there, I haven't tested it so I can't be certain but I heard that smoke is infinitely high and that it does block plane line of sight, since then I have seen planes at less than 8k range disappear in game with the most likely explanation being a nearby smoke.

 

How certain are you? Is your assertion based on a WG statement, your own testing or something else? Without a WG statement or thorough testing of your own in a sterile environment like the training room I'm reluctant to accept your information as fact due to my own experiences in which planes cannot look over smoke.

As long as I know in the rework planes can look over the smoke, but when they're diving, they might not look over it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
16,359 posts
11,328 battles
2 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

 

I think you're wrong there, I haven't tested it so I can't be certain but I heard that smoke is infinitely high and that it does block plane line of sight, since then I have seen planes at less than 8k range disappear in game with the most likely explanation being a nearby smoke.

 

How certain are you? Is your assertion based on a WG statement, your own testing or something else? Without a WG statement or thorough testing of your own in a sterile environment like the training room I'm reluctant to accept your information as fact due to my own experiences in which planes cannot look over smoke.

Very certain.

When you move out of smoke and a plane is too close on the other side, you get spotted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
1,660 posts
3,548 battles

Your logic could be applied to multiple other instances of indirect vision in the game. You just have to live with explanation that these ships have very sophisticated radio signal share of informations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
135 posts
4,033 battles
7 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

As long as I know in the rework planes can look over the smoke, but when they're diving, they might not look over it

6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Very certain.

When you move out of smoke and a plane is too close on the other side, you get spotted.

 

Thanks, I'll keep a closer eye on it in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×