Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Sooo... buy more Santa loot boxes? Are there still ship drops?

40 comments in this topic

Players
1,489 posts
11,023 battles

Hi,

rumors have been put forward that WG has a firm cap on the total number of ship drops or something, so best get in early while the cap has not yet been reached.

While statistically irrelevant, it at least coincides with my anecdotal personal experience. I bought four discrete batches of 20 mega boxes in the first few weeks, and in the first three batches, I got several of these conversions where a Supercontainer with a ship I didn't already have dropped instead of a Santa box. In all, I got nine ships, the last one was a Giulio Cesare, and in between the second and third batch, I used some of the gold from the boxes to buy the Blyska and further increase my chances of a "rare ship" drop.

So not at bad haul, but the fourth batch didn't have a single ship drop, which was something of a letdown.

Should I put it down as a fluke, and let WG milk me some more? I do want that Kamikaze, and a Belfast wouldn't go amiss either, even though at least one of my Clan mates would then probably refuse to speak to me any more...

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
213 posts
5,437 battles

Bought 120 boxes, cuz I was lazy to farm coal XD I got all ships from list, so after 120 mega boxes I ended up with 200k doublons..Quickly converted 3.8 million exp with the 35 rate:)

• Funny 1

Players
607 posts
2 minutes ago, Wilkinson87 said:

Bought 120 boxes, cuz I was lazy to farm coal XD I got all ships from list, so after 120 mega boxes I ended up with 200k doublons..Quickly converted 3.8 million exp with the 35 rate:)

Jeez, how much did that cost you buying 120 mega boxes?

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
3 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

rumors have been put forward that WG has a firm cap on the total number of ship drops or something, so best get in early while the cap has not yet been reached.

Rumors have also been put forward that WG tampers with MM to screw over certain individuals for no apparant reason, that streamers get better RNG, that Flamu's video gives better drops and that climate change is just a Chinese hoax to weaken the Western manufacturing base.

I'd put more thought into what the chances are you'd get what you want, how satisfied you'd be with other content you might get and based on that on how disposable that money is without having regrets if there'd be no ship.

• Cool 4

Players
1,053 posts
7,988 battles
34 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Jeez, how much did that cost you buying 120 mega boxes?

About 400 EUR, looks like :Smile_ohmy:

I guess that's one way to "brute force" yourself a Nikolai.

• Funny 2

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts
9,420 battles

Anyone believing or disbelieving such rumours with certainty are equally ignorant. We simply have no idea how Wargaming does it. They could easily manipulate the backend of things to allow for a finite number of drops, they could easily manipulate the drop rate without us really knowing, they could simply also be doing nothing. What sways each of us to decide one way or the other is how much trust we have of WG overall, and perhaps also drawing from our other experiences with people in life, biases of sorts.

From jobs I've done, places I've been and things I have seen, I've witnessed some of the darkest things people are capable of. I see lying, manipulative people and politicians in the media all the time and ithe media themselves manipulate stories, use divisive words and phrases to create sensation. So in all this I tend to have a rather dim, untrusting view of people, I tend to question everyones motives. Wargaming is a business, they can't give stuff away for free, they need to sell stuff. It's a well known thing for many businesses to create market hype about things to draw in the customers, and one way WG could do it is by increasing drop rates (it's just numbers in the background) initially, triggering interest and greed, and thereafter our human nature takes over and we fall prey to all sorts of human failings. It works for Wargaming.

You have to decide whether you trust them overall or not. For me, the fact businesses need to drive profits most often overides ethical behaviour, and its only if theyre caught that they admit such 'mistakes'. This particular part of the globalised gaming industry is incredibly poorly regulated, they could get away with proverbial murder and we'd be none the wiser. I personally think they tweak it based on my own views above, why wouldn;t they?

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Just quenched my gambling addiction and took 5 large. Pulled a Kii out of it! I wouldn't have bought that ship but very nice to win.

• Cool 1

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
3 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Just quenched my gambling addiction and took 5 large. Pulled a Kii out of it! I wouldn't have bought that ship but very nice to win.

It's a decent ship. Plays like a slightly less consistent Amagi, but with actual AA and a set of torps you might get to use rarely, but better than not having any. Only T8 BB I ever considered buying and it turned out a pleasant experience.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,256 posts
2,948 battles
4 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Hi,

While statistically irrelevant, it at least coincides with my anecdotal personal experience. I bought four discrete batches of 20 mega boxes in the first few weeks, and in the first three batches, I got several of these conversions where a Supercontainer with a ship I didn't already have dropped instead of a Santa box. In all, I got nine ships, the last one was a Giulio Cesare, and in between the second and third batch, I used some of the gold from the boxes to buy the Blyska and further increase my chances of a "rare ship" drop.

So not at bad haul, but the fourth batch didn't have a single ship drop, which was something of a letdown.

Should I put it down as a fluke, and let WG milk me some more? I do want that Kamikaze, and a Belfast wouldn't go amiss either, even though at least one of my Clan mates would then probably refuse to speak to me any more...

To be perfectly honest, I consider people that actually belive these rumours but one step above Flat Earthers, and people belive the Moon landings were faked.

• Funny 1

Players
1,489 posts
11,023 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, lafeel sagte:

To be perfectly honest, I consider people that actually belive these rumours but one step above Flat Earthers, and people belive the Moon landings were faked.

Well, I guess people who put those two things in this relation also would never have thought that big, important car companies like VW would use an elaborate scheme to defraud millions of customers on the exhaust rating of their Diesel cars.

Just one of many examples that not everything is already a comparison just because it falls a few miles short :Smile_facepalm:

Beta Tester
2,256 posts
2,948 battles
3 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Well, I guess people who put those two things in this relation also would never have thought that big, important car companies like VW would use an elaborate scheme to defraud millions of customers on the exhaust rating of their Diesel cars.

Just one of many examples that not everything is already a comparison just because it falls a few miles short :Smile_facepalm:

The point is, the burden of proof is on the people making the claim that there's a evil conspiracy going on, not on the people claiming there isn't.

Beta Tester
3,964 posts
14,675 battles
12 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Should I put it down as a fluke, and let WG milk me some more?

Get milked...

Got a small X-mas container from the daily missions the day before yesterday and it transformed in a SC with the Duca d'Aosta in it...

Can't say anything about the chances for a Kamikaze/Fujin or Belfast, as I already got those... ^^

Players
1,489 posts
11,023 battles

OK so I did it, not before blowing more doubloons on a Molotow, which is great, and my FAITH was REWARDED with another FOUR SC conversions, only one of which I consider meh, a Marblehead, of which I had bought the Lima edition already when it was in a discount bundle the other month. Oh well, at least I don't have to look at that ghastly Lima camo any more.

Still no Kami, but a Gascogne, a Boise and a Kronshtadt.

O ye of little faith!!1 FOLLOW THE SANDAL!

[CATS]
Players
16,381 posts
11,331 battles
18 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

That was known for years as basicly all companies do it.

Players
617 posts

There were ship drops yesterday (Mega) but, as always, it is extremely random and it might be one ship or more (mostly low/mid tier) or possibly no ships with some gold/coal, lots of signal flags or (worse) camos. So buyer beware, as always.

[SQEEK]
Weekend Tester
399 posts

Just picked up a Dunkerque from a standard santa box gained from the PEF missions (i think, may have been the daily mission, deffo didn't buy it though). So yes, it's entirely possible. Yay.

Players
1,489 posts
11,023 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, ColonelPete sagte:

That was known for years as basicly all companies do it.

It was "known" in exactly the same way as the ships drops from the loot boxes WG conspiracy is known.

And actually I don't think it really even was, but what people actually had suspicions about was the cheating regarding fuel efficiency.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
16,381 posts
11,331 battles
18 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

It was "known" in exactly the same way as the ships drops from the loot boxes WG conspiracy is known.

And actually I don't think it really even was, but what people actually had suspicions about was the cheating regarding fuel efficiency.

And what does fuel do? Vanish without a trace?

Btw...

• 1973 Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Toyota, and Volkswagen had to remove temperature switches that affected emissions
  • 1996 GM was fined for using ECU software disengaging emission controls
  • 1996 Fiat Brazil was fined for using different engine settings for testing and normal driving
  • 1998 Honda was fined for disabling a misfire controlling devices that lead to higher emissions
  • 1998 Ford was fined for programming an engine to release higher emissions during normal cruising speeds
  • 1998 Caterpillar Inc., Cummins Engine Company, Detroit Diesel Corporation, Mack Trucks, Navistar International, Renault Vehicules Industriels, and Volvo Trucks were fined for using a timer based strategy to reduce emissions during testing, but increasing them threefold afterwards
  • 2015 Renault has been investigated by the French Direction générale de la concurrence, de la consommation et de la répression des fraudes (DGCCRF). Their 2017 report states “the suspicion of the installation of a ‘fraudulent device’ which specifically modifies the functioning of the engine to reduce emissions of NOx (nitrogen oxides) in conditions specific to the regulatory tests.” It affects 900,000 vehicles. Renault Captur and Clio IV exceeded the threshold for carbon dioxide emissions by 377% and 305
  • 2016 South Korean authorities accused Nissan of using a defeat device for manipulating emissions data for the British-built Nissan Qashqai, allegations which the Japanese carmaker denied.[13] In March 2017, Nissan vehicles tested by Which? were found to produce 0.81 g/km NOx compared to the 2009 European emission standards Euro 5 legal limit of 0.18 g/km.[11]
  • 2017 the EPA issued a notice of violation in 2017 to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) alleging that over 100,000 model year 2014, 2015, and 2016 diesel SUVs and trucks, including Dodge Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee trucks had software that allowed them to exceed NOx pollution limits, undetected by the usual testing methods
  • 2017 Jeep, also manufactured by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles was tested by the consumer group Which?, found to produce 1.74 g/km NOx compared to the 2009 European emission standards Euro 5 legal limit of 0.18 g/km
  • 2018 German newspaper Bild am Sonntag reported that US authorities investigating Mercedes have discovered that its vehicles are equipped with illegal software to help them pass United States' stringent emission tests. The claimed defeat devices include a Bit 15 mode to switch off emissions after 16 miles of driving (the length of an official U.S. emissions test), and Slipguard which tries to directly determine if the car is being tested based on speed and acceleration profile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_emissions_scandal

This is not new....

Players
1,489 posts
11,023 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, ColonelPete sagte:

This is not new....

Whereas any scandals involving the gaming industry are of course completely unheard of. It's just one big paradise of impeccable business ethics, really.

In fact, something was even very obvisouly false about Wargaming's very own product description of these very Santa loot boxes, compared to what went on in several CC's loot unboxing videos, as I've pointed out several times on this forum, and without being corrected by the usual insufferable know-it-alls, I might add.

[CATS]
Players
16,381 posts
11,331 battles

True, making stuff up became much more common the last couple of years...

Who needs proof when one has fantasy....

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
6 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

?

There has been no "conspiracy" surrounding the crates, ignorance and buyers remorse aplenty, but nothing really regarding any tampering by WG, they even had to add the full ship list for this years to try and keep EU laws in check.

1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Whereas any scandals involving the gaming industry are of course completely unheard of. It's just one big paradise of impeccable business ethics, really.

Well, we all have allowed it, back in the day games lauched 100% working and complete.

1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

In fact, something was even very obvisouly false about Wargaming's very own product description of these very Santa loot boxes, compared to what went on in several CC's loot unboxing videos, as I've pointed out several times on this forum, and without being corrected by the usual insufferable know-it-alls, I might add.

Like what exactly? And dont fanthasize, give us actual data, your feelings are not data.

So, what has there been that you can point out to be the mark of tampering by WG?

[IRON7]
Players
837 posts
568 battles
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:13 AM, Wilkinson87 said:

Bought 120 boxes, cuz I was lazy to farm coal XD I got all ships from list

Some Suckers sure like Lollipops.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:51 AM, jss78 said:

About 400 EUR, looks like :Smile_ohmy:

WG loves these kinds of spenders.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:11 AM, SeaWolf7 said:

MK5FKVG.gif

See my shiny 'Hollywood' sword, 'peanuts'.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:32 AM, lafeel said:

these rumours but one step above Flat Earthers, and people belive the Moon landings were faked.

….. the Earth is flat, my maps tell me so … Moon Landings had to be faked cause they haven't gone back (cause they can't) … WG doesn't 'fix' anything either ….

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Sign in to follow this