You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Milan_G_

CV , AIRCARRIER handling

which management of aircarriers do you like most?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. air carriers handling:

• LIKE TODAY - strategic (only from above - multiple fighters squadrons attack )
    • LIKE NEW - 3D (only one squadron to handle)
    • COMBINED ( strategic + 3D )

9 comments in this topic

[WH1TE]
Players
401 posts
11,627 battles

hi

sorry i must post it again, there was a problem.

results until today, are in picture

thx for participaiting.!!!

what does it mean combined handling? it is like today + new 3D

that means: you cann at any time switch to new 3D , at this time all in map work in automatic mode.

automatic mode is there also now. ( airplanes are waiting..or you cann send them to do autoattack)

so, when you switch, you are handling only one squadron, and all the rest is going like you leave it.

this gives honor to work  for developers of today handlig + cherish expierence and skills  of players with aircarriers.

todays handling give the reality in the battle. but is very dificilt to many players. so for them is the 3D + 

3D gives you nice change + with 3D you are "in" so will be also nice for hardcore todays line players:)

vote.JPG

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,695 posts
14,617 battles

That would actually require even more skill, micro and map awareness than current CVs.

Thus a mix of both RTS and reworked CV play is completely untenable. The goal of the rework is to increase CV popularity, not decrease it even further.

[WH1TE]
Players
401 posts
11,627 battles
48 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

even more skill

no

it will be possible complete play like ina new mode. --- so the easy one.

there will be only one button more for switching 3D :)

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,695 posts
14,617 battles
5 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

it will be possible complete play like ina new mode. --- so the easy one.

there will be only one button more for switching 3D :)

Which will be completely ineffective compared to someone that can manage multiple squads at the same time.

Unless you make single squads super overpowered like they are in the current rework so that multitasking will not matter, but that'd make the RTS part moot.

• Cool 1

[HOUSE]
Players
263 posts
5,017 battles

I think this would be manageable and I cant see huge modifications in the 0.8.0 style to appeal to 0.7.12 players, and it lies in having an option to use "RTS" controls in the new "ACTION" mode, so I will use these terms in this post.

The main problems people seem to have with the rework are that the new AI consumables, autopilot CV handling and that the planes flies back to the CV as soon as you swap view, it removes to much skill and control. My suggestion to this would be to make use of functions already in the game, such as map-view and Z-key/C-key. The rework still requires you to use the map-view (M-key) to control your CV, so why not expand this feature to become more appealing to the RTS players. When in map-view let us chose what we want to control, just like today, 1-key for CV and 2-key for planes and be able to autopilot both, treat the planes they are today in RTS mode. Also while in map-view you will jump to the CV controls by default (rudder, speed, etc) and be able to activate consumables on the CV such as Repair Party, Def AA, Heal, etc. so lets say you get hit, it starts a fire on your CV, then you hit that M-key for map view followed by the R-key for repair party to repair and the fire will be out.

The other way to switch between planes and CV without the use of map view would be the use of Z-key (trace shells today) or C-key (swap turret view), this way you will control the thing that is currently on the screen and the thing that is off screen will maintain its present course and heading (not fly back to CV for planes) and when you feel for it, push the Z/C-key and you will go back to the other one be it CV or planes (like you can jump between torpedoes/shells and ship today).

What will not change is the way of attacking, i.e. all attacks shall be carried out in "action" mode so that you always have to control the attack directly. 

This way you can swap between RTS and action modes, or you can do everything in action mode compared to the current CV rework since you can launch the planes, give them heading and speed, go back to the carrier, sail her where you want to and as soon as the planes spot anything you can immediate jump back to them and the CV will continue on its present heading and course. Combine this with decent CV DoT effects so that fires actually have an impact and DDs will be able to punish a CV with their guns, but give the CVs good Repair Party, Heal and Def AA/Fighter consumables instead, they did after all replace BBs as the new capital ships.

11 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Which will be completely ineffective compared to someone that can manage multiple squads at the same time.

Unless you make single squads super overpowered like they are in the current rework so that multitasking will not matter, but that'd make the RTS part moot.

Your assumption and maybe OPs is that there should be multiple squadrons which I agree would be more difficult than today, specially in action (3D) mode, but I would like to think that the majority of the players can handle 1 ship and 1 squadron, just like we handle torpedoes and guns on the same ships, and manage to handle 4 squadrons at T4 Langley today.

But I don´t know if the CV are overtuned in this rework with their DoT potential they are currently sitting on in PTS, you start fire or flooding and having multiple attack runs, WG actually saw this as a problem and altered the DoT of the CVs due to CV-sniping being that effective in the early tests. Maybe the CV should treat the squadrons like "controllable shells" make them fly faster, have more planes per attack rung but only 2 max 3 attack runs per squadron with more planes, I am mostly afraid of the DoT potential CVs have in its current form with multiple runs and multiple flooding/fire opportunities. Something like this would maybe make the CV play more like a battleship, having the opportunity to have 1 squadron with 2-3 attacks per minute, just like a BB has 2 volleys per minute and a CB have 3 volleys and a CA have 4-5 volleys per minute, DDs have torpedoes every 1.5-2 minutes at higher tiers, as comparison to balance CV attack runs.

• Cool 1

[FL4-0]
Players
1,444 posts
7,289 battles

I think handling does not matter as long as a 44% Midway on your team is not a guaranteed defeat.

If for that it is necessary to reduce micromanagement as well as to limit control over the map, let's go.

Now the CV can do many things, too much when most do not even know how to read the chat.

Players
4,673 posts
9,454 battles

@OP Why do you even think they would change it now? We have December 31th, the new CVs are already on Test Servers and the next major Patch is in roughly 3 Weeks. 

You should get comfy with the new Gameplay, there wont be any major changes in the near Future. 

[HOUSE]
Players
263 posts
5,017 battles
9 hours ago, mcboernester said:

@OP Why do you even think they would change it now? We have December 31th, the new CVs are already on Test Servers and the next major Patch is in roughly 3 Weeks. 

You should get comfy with the new Gameplay, there wont be any major changes in the near Future. 

Since the 0.8.0 is more of an open beta test for the CV rework I guess they still will balance and tweak the CV rework during 0.8.0 to 0.8.2, these being the patches with "FLY! STRIKE! WIN!"-event, focusing on the CV and rework.

[4_0_4]
Players
5,034 posts
11,210 battles
10 hours ago, mcboernester said:

there wont be any major changes in the near Future. 

Just endless hatred. Players of both sides won't enjoy this.