You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Winged_Cat_Dormant

Tier 8 MM...bragging.

17 comments in this topic

Players
181 posts
6,530 battles

When it works it doesn't seem that broken!

Not only boasting, but showing that it can be done and it feels good when you can eat T10s for breakfast.

TIER8ON10jpg.jpg

Points.png

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

Players
181 posts
6,530 battles

No idea what a wayne-train is, but with so many posts against the T8-T10 MM I decided to post something with a more positive tone to balance the matter.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,422 posts
11,318 battles
30 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

No idea what a wayne-train is, but with so many posts against the T8-T10 MM I decided to post something with a more positive tone to balance the matter.

The thing is - pretty much nobody claims that it's not possible to score well when bottom tier. And when somebody does make similar claim, they get promptly laughed out the door by the rest of the community. Basically, you're not making any real point - just proving something long proven, a bit of common sense knowledge accepted by pretty much everybody.

To put it simply: your post belongs in this thread. There's no reason to create a new one just because you had a good game.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
469 posts

Well, DD’s are the least affected class in tier X if you’re in a tier VIII.

So, not really anything new there.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
51 minutes ago, Skurfa said:

Well, DD’s are the least affected class in tier X if you’re in a tier VIII.

Actually I'm pretty sure that would be the BBs. DDs come in close 2nd

Beta Tester
3,963 posts
14,665 battles
26 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Actually I'm pretty sure that would be the BBs. DDs come in close 2nd

Actually it should be "some DDs and BBs are the least affected..." as some DDs and BBs will s*ck spheroid objects when getting uptiered +2

And for the OP:

small sample size...

I had quite a few battles in several different T8 ships in which I spanked T10 backsided hard enough to get even more glorious stats than those shown by you...

Still having to face T10 in any T8 ship ALL THE EFFING TIME is not really fun...

Mostly due to the masses of T10 potatoes you end up with on your team, that follow exclusively the "hug island waifu and try to not get hit" strategy which usually leads to a rockslide loss - like the battle result you show above...

Players
607 posts

Most Cruisers and DD's have TORPS they can fall back on. All a BB has is its guns to rely on when up-tiered +2 to T10 matches. Most tier 8 BB's tend to lack the shooting range as well that T10 BB can boast shooting at, which also makes it harder for T8 BB to play in T10 matches. They need to go closer in than a T10 BB generally has to do, then they lack the pen usually against another T10 BB that can shred a T8 BB.

Not to mention that even some T10 cruisers can outmatch a T8 BB when you move closer in.

I got tired of playing T8 BB at T10 too often and feeling like the games are pointless, you don't even want to push forward because you know you're just chicken feed in T10 matches for the big boys sailing a slow ship that's easy spotted. I'd sooner play my T8 DD's in T10 matches than any T8 BB. At least you can still do some serious damage with torps to "any" T10 BB.

Beta Tester
3,963 posts
14,665 battles
11 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Most Cruisers and DD's have TORPS they can fall back on. All a BB has is its guns to rely on when up-tiered +2 to T10 matches. Most tier 8 BB's tend to lack the shooting range as well that T10 BB can boast shooting at, which also makes it harder for T8 BB to play in T10 matches. They need to go closer in than a T10 BB generally has to do, then they lack the pen usually against another T10 BB than can shred a T8 BB.

Not to mention that even some T10 cruisers can outmatch a T8 BB when you move closer in.

I got tired of playing T8 BB at T10 too often and feeling like the games are pointless. I'd sooner play my T8 DD's in T10 matches than any T8 BB.

Yeah, you need some brains when playing T8 BBs at T10

And yeah, some are better suited for it than others...

With a bit of map awareness and luck a Bismarck can do very nasty things to a Yamato for example...

It helps to play T8 BBs like you would play a cruiser when in a T10 surrounding.

Of course that's tough for BB exclusives, who never would touch one of those squishy little cruisers ^^

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,355 posts
12,566 battles

Come again when you are the only T8 in a T10 game and there are at least 5 radar ships and one CV on the enemy team. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
1 hour ago, MRGTB said:

Most Cruisers and DD's have TORPS they can fall back on. All a BB has is its guns to rely on when up-tiered +2 to T10 matches. Most tier 8 BB's tend to lack the shooting range as well that T10 BB can boast shooting at, which also makes it harder for T8 BB to play in T10 matches. They need to go closer in than a T10 BB generally has to do, then they lack the pen usually against another T10 BB that can shred a T8 BB.

I got tired of playing T8 BB at T10 too often and feeling like the games are pointless, you don't even want to push forward because you know you're just chicken feed in T10 matches for the big boys sailing a slow ship that's easy spotted. I'd sooner play my T8 DD's in T10 matches than any T8 BB. At least you can still do some serious damage with torps to "any" T10 BB.

Damn, those 4 km Chapayev torps sure are useful. Frankly, some T8 cruisers have torpedoes, only three can launch from stealth, only 5 have enough torps on one side to oneshot a BB with it. Hardly any of the T8 cruisers get a repair party, which means they will lose any extented fight with upper tier cruisers and any mistake that gets punished sticks. Only two premiums and Edinburgh are an exception and the Edinburgh basically takes BB AP hits about as well as Nürnberg does.

Meanwhile, if we look at T8 BBs, pretty much all have the armour to bounce AP shells, They all have main batteries that are lethal and no, range is not an issue.

In regards to range, the only T10s where you get vastly more range on the T10 than on the T8 are Yamato vs Amagi and Conqueror vs Monarch. And in Amagi's case it's just because Yamato has silly long range, which for the Yamato is nice, but:

• No decent BB player plays there ship at max range and an effective BB at high tier is always within 15 km of the opponent. You simply have an abysmal hitrate at max range and cannot establish effective map control.
  • A Yamato firing from 20+ km is far less of an issue than one firing from actually 12 km. And that's the Yamato. A Montana firing from 20+ km at a North Carolina that isn't broadside basically is a non-issue.
  • In the few cases where it's your T8 vs the T10, concealment restricts ranges, as you aren't getting spotted from max range.

If you look at something like a North Caroline for example, the T10 Montana basically has 30k more hpp, one more gun turret, some more AA. Both bounce each other when angled, both have the same vulnerable citadel where they can get deleted by salvos that pen the belt at the centre of the ship. Both also have the same 38 mm midsection plating that shatters HE that hits there. Mogami certainly would wish it was anywhere near as capable as a goddamn Zao and not just devstrike-waiting-to-happen because it's the odd IJN CA that gets no reinforced deck.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,970 posts
7,922 battles
50 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Fair enough. This post can be deleted then! No regrets :)

No need to delete the post. Congrats on a good game.

Dont let people discourage you or make you feel inferior .... some of the guys on the forum just cant say "good game mate" and rather do the opposite ;)

Players
2,681 posts
2,941 battles
10 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Actually it should be "some DDs and BBs are the least affected..." as some DDs and BBs will s*ck spheroid objects when getting uptiered +2

And for the OP:

small sample size...

I had quite a few battles in several different T8 ships in which I spanked T10 backsided hard enough to get even more glorious stats than those shown by you...

Still having to face T10 in any T8 ship ALL THE EFFING TIME is not really fun...

Mostly due to the masses of T10 potatoes you end up with on your team, that follow exclusively the "hug island waifu and try to not get hit" strategy which usually leads to a rockslide loss - like the battle result you show above...

It cannot have been that bad as being a rockslide loss (or win, in this case). 

I get those a lot too in T10, and yes the reason you gave is correct.

But then I do a meagre 30-40k damage, usually more if it's a loss and less if it's a win. 

Look at the bottom 5 on the winning team, they did less/similar damage (factor 1.5 for the winners) than the top half of the losing team.

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
13 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Yeah, you need some brains when playing T8 BBs at T10

And yeah, some are better suited for it than others...

With a bit of map awareness and luck a Bismarck can do very nasty things to a Yamato for example...

It helps to play T8 BBs like you would play a cruiser when in a T10 surrounding.

Of course that's tough for BB exclusives, who never would touch one of those squishy little cruisers ^^

Tbf, T8 BB still play very much like a BB, not like a cruiser. Of course some Amagi or Kii is not a Yamato, but it still is a much more effective anchor to establish map control than even a Hindenburg for example. All BB Hindenburg or BB Moskva jokes aside.

[NWP]
Players
4,631 posts
6,363 battles
19 hours ago, MRGTB said:

Have you looked at your own stats in a while?

- Massa B has the best overall stats from your T8 ships (best damage, kills, basicly tied for WR with Cossack)

- You havent played a single T8 Cruiser

- Lightning is your worst T8 ship - which is a DD.

- Monarch is a bad BB (so i heard atleast)

You should really play some T8 cruisers and see how much fun it is getting raped by higher tier

- CVs

- basicly every BB

- Pretty much every Cruiser aswell

- Some DDs can dakka you to death with ease.

Whats that supposed to mean? That they can win a 1vs1?

Some Cruisers can do that to T9 and T10 BBs aswell... since BBs have pretty much the same armor and mostly the same guns, it doesnt really matter if its T8 or T10

At least you can still do some serious damage with torps to "any" T10 BB.

T8 BBs can Citadel T10 BBs aswell - deals massive damage also :cap_tea:

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,872 battles
19 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

Come again when you are the only T8 in a T10 game and there are at least 5 radar ships and one CV on the enemy team. :Smile_trollface:

Been there done that...

got pounded in the unfun place...

*shudders*

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1