You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tomando1

Tier 8 MM is a slap to the face

39 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
5,059 battles

I came here pissed off after playing bunch of games in my tier 8 ships. I mean do you think its ok to be thrown into a tier x bracket every bloody game ? Montana is just laughing when trying to pen her with Alabama shells. Grinding through tier 8 nowadays ? Well best of luck and get a good anti-stress pills. Only some tier 8 dds if not all are immune to this terrible MM when not facing 4 and more radar ships...but youre trying to sell more a more tier 8 premiums..who will buy them ffs ? all tier 8 premium bbs are now trash and good luck to CA captains

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[KENS]
[KENS]
Players
51 posts
9,245 battles

While it is a problem it had gotten a lot better. I actually spend sometimes logging this for a while before I got bored, the numbers are not massive but it shows improvement 

so original MM (this one is small because I barely started before update hit) 

T10 games- 21

T9 games- 14

top tier- 7 

release of arms race mode

T10- 33

T9- 11

Top tier- 30 

after the MM update to help T8s 

T10- 27

T9- 19

T8-24 

although I got bored and stopped there I did notice armed raced seems to help and I think a lot of people took the 9S there for a more fun way of grinding them up, and what I’ve noticed is I’m I’m in a T10 game since the update I’m one of only 2/3 T8s on that game sometimes even only one (per team) 

not quite definitive prove or really official just something I spent s little time writing in my phone for fun and I believe shows atleast some improvement 

[NWP]
Players
4,631 posts
6,363 battles
15 minutes ago, tomando1 said:

Montana is just laughing when trying to pen her with Alabama shells.

Uhm... Literally no difference there.

- Both have 406mm guns, only Montana has 33% more firepower compared to Alabama.

- All plating on both ships is enough to bounce each others shells (bowtanking works both ways).

- Montana has advantage in a better protected citadel afaik... dont have alabama so dont know how the citadel looks on her, but Montana Citadel got lowered sometime earlier.

- Montana has slightly better armor penetration with its AP - not that it really should matter.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
16,359 posts
11,328 battles
59 minutes ago, tomando1 said:

I came here pissed off after playing bunch of games in my tier 8 ships. I mean do you think its ok to be thrown into a tier x bracket every bloody game ? Montana is just laughing when trying to pen her with Alabama shells. Grinding through tier 8 nowadays ? Well best of luck and get a good anti-stress pills. Only some tier 8 dds if not all are immune to this terrible MM when not facing 4 and more radar ships...but youre trying to sell more a more tier 8 premiums..who will buy them ffs ? all tier 8 premium bbs are now trash and good luck to CA captains

image.thumb.png.0c6f8216b1a652194bbaf6eca781a198.png

Ships sorted by number of battles and now take a guess why Tier VIII gets the MM it gets.....

• Cool 4

[BS4]
Players
916 posts
5,611 battles
4 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Another T8 MM moanfest thread.

yeah well... they will keep on coming till they fix it....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,872 battles
7 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

yeah well... they will keep on coming till they fix it....

It’s not broken. 

• Cool 3

[BS4]
Players
916 posts
5,611 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

It’s not broken. 

no its not mate ..but it isn't right either:Smile_sceptic:

Players
11 posts
5,059 battles
10 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

It’s not broken. 

Sure its OK if you spent most of the time playing tier X

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
607 posts
1 hour ago, tomando1 said:

I know what you mean. I sold the premium T8 Massachusetts B  this week because I got sick of playing it in T10 matches. But on the other-hand, I kept the T8 Asashio B destroyer I bought at same time because that plays well in any tier matches. So yeah, some ships are better suited to T10 as T8 ships, mostly destroyers which make the leap to T10 better than any other class of ship. T8 BB's are the worst type of ships playing at T10.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,872 battles
19 ore fa, tomando1 ha scritto:

Sure its OK if you spent most of the time playing tier X

That’s the aim of the game. The prize for grinding to T10. That you get to be the top tier every time. How have you not grasped that?

19 ore fa, Robber_Baron ha scritto:

Funny, I hear the same complaints from people playing tier 6.

MM moaning doesn’t count when you’re top tier remember :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
11 posts
5,059 battles
4 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

That’s the aim of the game. The prize for grinding to T10. That you get to be the top tier every time. How have you not grasped that?

ouh holy moly thanks for showing me that your brightness...now we just have to figure it out why other than tier x premiums exists and why is wg trying to force us to play lower tiers as well

• Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,872 battles
5 minutes ago, tomando1 said:

ouh holy moly thanks for showing me that your brightness...now we just have to figure it out why other than tier x premiums exists and why is wg trying to force us to play lower tiers as well

Nobody is forcing you to play anything. You’re just acting like an entitled brat. When you’re top tier MM isn’t a problem but when you are bottom and have to put in a bit more effort you moan and throw your toys out the pram. Kinda pathetic really.

For the record I like T8 and T7. Best tiers, most fun ships and you get great exp when you top a T9/T10 game in them.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
4,631 posts
6,363 battles
7 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

T8 BB's are the worst type of ships playing at T10.

how about no?

Armor is basicly the same going from T8 to T10 so you can bowtank with ease. Unless you see Yamato or Musashi but they can overmatch a Montana aswell.

Yet, T8 BBs tend to be (much) smaller and more nimble compared to their T10 breathren.

Cruiser on the other hand basicly dont have any armor to bounce BB shells. But the T10 Cruiser actually can do it (atleast better), and their firepower is much higher. T8 vs T10 BB is pretty straight forward, reload isnt much different and you can bounce shells. T10 Cruiser just rip through T8 Cruisers.

DDs have much less health, but stealth is not so much an issue, as it tends to be fairly good on T8.

If i could choose on what NOT to play in a T10 game:

- CV is the worst

- then Cruiser (atleast most of em)

- BB/DD depending on what ship exactly we talk about, but i prefer BB in T10 compared to Cruiser any day.

• Cool 1

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

- Montana has advantage in a better protected citadel afaik... dont have alabama so dont know how the citadel looks on her, but Montana Citadel got lowered sometime earlier.

Everything USN BB T8 and up gets overmatchable citadel deck in the centre part of the ship. Pretty much all that matters, as it means this line is the next least protected after IJN above water cits. If you can punch through the belt, at any range, you can get citadels without much effort.

Players
4,085 posts
6,476 battles
2 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Nobody is forcing you to play anything. You’re just acting like an entitled brat. When you’re top tier MM isn’t a problem but when you are bottom and have to put in a bit more effort you moan and throw your toys out the pram. Kinda pathetic really.

Exactly this.

May I ask @tomando1 since you have figured it out, that you cant handle T8 matches - why do you pick a T8 ship and bring it into battle? Pick another tier then?

19 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

T8 BB's are the worst type of ships playing at T10.

Couldnt be farer away from the truth. Its actually CVs.

Players
11 posts
5,059 battles
10 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

May I ask @tomando1 since you have figured it out, that you cant handle T8 matches - why do you pick a T8 ship and bring it into battle? Pick another tier then?

Ok little warrior is there a bloody glitch in your stats or you really never ever played a tier 8 bb ? not nowadays but ever ? why the heck should I spend precious time replying to you ?

[NWP]
Players
4,631 posts
6,363 battles
2 minutes ago, tomando1 said:

Ok little warrior is there a bloody glitch in your stats or you really never ever played a tier 8 bb ? not nowadays but ever ? why the heck should I spend precious time replying to you ?

So in the last week you played Alabama twice and moan about it because you lost both?

Alabama doesnt even need to grind through T8 since its a Premium.

After looking at your stats: I cant understand why you complain actually :cap_hmm:

Also in regards of your T8 vs T9 BB stats:

T9 seems to be doing worse :cap_haloween:

[BS4]
Players
916 posts
5,611 battles
27 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

how about no?

Armor is basicly the same going from T8 to T10 so you can bowtank with ease. Unless you see Yamato or Musashi but they can overmatch a Montana aswell.

Yet, T8 BBs tend to be (much) smaller and more nimble compared to their T10 breathren.

Cruiser on the other hand basicly dont have any armor to bounce BB shells. But the T10 Cruiser actually can do it (atleast better), and their firepower is much higher. T8 vs T10 BB is pretty straight forward, reload isnt much different and you can bounce shells. T10 Cruiser just rip through T8 Cruisers.

DDs have much less health, but stealth is not so much an issue, as it tends to be fairly good on T8.

If i could choose on what NOT to play in a T10 game:

- CV is the worst

- then Cruiser (atleast most of em)

- BB/DD depending on what ship exactly we talk about, but i prefer BB in T10 compared to Cruiser any day.

Have to agree with this. You need to be extra careful if your in a tier8 Cruiser in a tier X game. PERIOD. But the rewards are so worth it :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Yes, more tier VIII MM complaining. Just what we need.

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,872 battles
2 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Yes, more tier VIII MM complaining. Just what we need.

I wonder if they have a what’s app group. When a T8 MM moan thread gets punted to page 3 they arrange between them who starts a new one....

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Players
4,631 posts
6,363 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

I wonder if they have a what’s app group. When a T8 MM moan thread gets punted to page 3 they arrange between them who starts a new one....

I thought about making a thread once on why T6 ships are worse vs T8 than T8 vs T10... couldnt be bothered tho.

(same could be said about T7 vs T9 tho)