You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NOOB_TRAKTOR

Horrific MM, uninstalled the game and good bye

43 comments in this topic

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,069 posts
5,962 battles

Over time it should balance itself out.

There are times that after five or so games I simply stop playing for the day or several hours at least.   Sometimes you need to be able to take a fresh approach after a break.

I know that at times it does not seem to do that.  It's holidays and it seems that some players have imbuded too much and are not doing sensible things (I was in one game earlier today a domination map and we had 2 DDs.   One of our DDs (a top tier) just went behind a rock with our CV and smoked up whenever a plane got near    This did mean that one flank did not have  a DD to spot for us which meant we were picked off one by one.)

[TEA]
Players
1,103 posts
4,619 battles

13 minutes ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

I've just uninstalled World of Warships, it's not worth of playing. MM system is horrific, totally broken. In last 30 or so battles I had very, very low win chances and 20% win rate. I've been thrown to teams with horrendous play skills almost non-stop. I only won when I achieved 100 + DMG. And I played mostly tier 6 - 8 ships.  

I mean what is the chance to lose 26 battles of 30, even if I am the worst player in the world, and I am not, statistically if you have a team of 15 players it's impossible to lose on such a scale. It's only because of MM which is totally broken, purposely throwing players to very very low win chances for some period of time.

Anyway, just like World of Tanks, the game is totally unbalanced, MM is a joke and I will not losing time on games like this any more. You don't win and you don't lose, it's MM that decides if you win and lose and honestly I am sick of this game and Wargaming, I am so glad I uninstalled it, I will find another, more player friendly and more balanced game. World of Warships is such a waste of time.

Good bye.   

With a name like noob tractor its no surprise you are getting farmed left, right and center :Smile_trollface:.

Jokes aside though, have you looked what you might be doing wrong? What ships are you playing? It makes no sense to rage-quit before confirming the problem is not you, first. If it is you that can be improved, I doubt it is the MM blaming that is just convenient. It cant be that bad, else everyone would be complaining so its not the MM.

You must be doing something wrong, remember in order to win you cant just rely on your team to carry you!

You need to make an impact on the game, if you can manage 2 to 3 kills per game then you are on the right track. Farming HP is not enough you need to take them out, so they have less chance to overcome your team.

Good map reading is also essential, are you just going off YOLO? Are you where you need to be in the map? I think not

• Funny 2

[TEA]
Players
1,103 posts
4,619 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

426D8085-6106-460A-A0A1-FE669538DD59.gif

This meme is too feminine. I see her strutting her stuff all over the forum, what a tart.

Players
3 posts
6 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

With a name like noob tractor its no surprise you are getting farmed left, right and center :Smile_trollface:.

Jokes aside though, have you looked what you might be doing wrong? What ships are you playing? It makes no sense to rage-quit before confirming the problem is not you, first.

Dude, if I played blind and high on drugs, statistically it's vey, very unusual, almost impossible, to play BALANCED team game with 14 other players and lose 26 battles of 30. There is obviously something very wrong with MM, for some players it's like playing in Albanian second league soccer team and trying to win over Barcelona or Real Madrid. If my win rate was somewhere between 40-45 %, I would say my poor skills may impact losing the games, but 20% win rate in 30-40 games, it's a joke.   

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,554 battles
3 minutes ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

Dude, if I played blind and high on drugs, statistically it's vey, very unusual, almost impossible, to play BALANCED team game with 14 other players and lose 26 battles of 30. There is obviously something very wrong with MM, for some players it's like playing in Albanian second league soccer team and trying to win over Barcelona or Real Madrid. If my win rate was somewhere between 40-45 %, I would say my poor skills may impact losing the games, but 20% win rate in 30-40 games, it's a joke.   

I think you are gone?

Why you still here?

If you wanna go just do it, and don't forget to close the door behind you!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
597 posts
3,335 battles

There are some great YouTube videos about this game. Have you tried watching the How it Works serie yet made by Wargaming? 

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,011 battles
48 minutes ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

In last 30 or so battles I had very, very low win chances and 20% win rate.

This has nothing to do with MM. Just git gud

Also why you never complain about winning streaks? Your teams clearly are full of useless potatoes, that according to you would be a problem?

50 minutes ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

I mean what is the chance to lose 26 battles of 30

Probably higher than you'd expect

50 minutes ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

team of 15 players

This isn't WoT. It's 12 players

51 minutes ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

It's only because of MM which is totally broken, purposely throwing players to very very low win chances for some period of time.

MM doesn't balance anything skill related, so there's nothing like tht purposely thrown together. Random teams are random

Don't let the door hit your stern on your way out :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles
11 hours ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

I've just uninstalled World of Warships, it's not worth of playing. MM system is horrific, totally broken. In last 30 or so battles I had very, very low win chances and 20% win rate. I've been thrown to teams with horrendous play skills almost non-stop. I only won when I achieved 100 + DMG. And I played mostly tier 6 - 8 ships.  

I mean what is the chance to lose 26 battles of 30, even if I am the worst player in the world, and I am not, statistically if you have a team of 15 players it's impossible to lose on such a scale. It's only because of MM which is totally broken, purposely throwing players to very very low win chances for some period of time.

Anyway, just like World of Tanks, the game is totally unbalanced, MM is a joke and I will not losing time on games like this any more. You don't win and you don't lose, it's MM that decides if you win and lose and honestly I am sick of this game and Wargaming, I am so glad I uninstalled it, I will find another, more player friendly and more balanced game. World of Warships is such a waste of time.

Good bye.   

I made the mistake of letting win chances get to me in wot, depressed me a lot before my tank even moved. Now in wows I only play vanilla, and although I can tell a fail team fairly early on, I start each game with more hope. Vanilla is king (and queen, and whatever lies in between, I think it’s @bushwacker001) hehe

• Cool 1

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,310 battles
3 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Jokes aside though, have you looked what you might be doing wrong? What ships are you playing? It makes no sense to rage-quit before confirming the problem is not you, first. If it is you that can be improved, I doubt it is the MM blaming that is just convenient. It cant be that bad, else everyone would be complaining so its not the MM.

You must be doing something wrong, remember in order to win you cant just rely on your team to carry you!

You need to make an impact on the game, if you can manage 2 to 3 kills per game then you are on the right track. Farming HP is not enough you need to take them out, so they have less chance to overcome your team.

Good map reading is also essential, are you just going off YOLO? Are you where you need to be in the map? I think not

Normally, losing 26 games out of 30 (with evenly matched players) is not possible even if you are AFK in all those 30 battles or even if you deliberately tried to sabotage your side. So it really seems like a very unique and unlucky streak of battles with the matchmaking favoring the enemy.

But this is how random chance works. Sometimes it giveth, sometimes it taketh away.

3 hours ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

I've just uninstalled World of Warships, it's not worth of playing. MM system is horrific, totally broken. In last 30 or so battles I had very, very low win chances and 20% win rate. I've been thrown to teams with horrendous play skills almost non-stop.

Just a simple question: if you won 26 games out of 30 by playing like an average player, but winning thanks to all the players with "horrendous play skills" being in the enemy team, would you still complain?

But let's analyze the situation in greater detail.

Having a 10 or 20 game long losing streak because of unlucky matchmaking can happen. Rarely, but it can happen. But it can also happen to have a long streak of winning matches due to very lucky matchmaking. But it evens out after a long time and across many battles.

Let's see. You have more than 1200 random battles, and have a winrate of 47%. Let's say it's 48% because of the last 30 battles being really really unlucky and totally not your fault. It's still slightly below average. So please don't say you are a very good player and all the losses are due to the rest of your team being "horrible".

image.thumb.png.01675d2775b2e286a8d67f1cc9d3c8ef.png

Seeing that after a relatively small number of random battles you have plenty of high tier ships, I would guess the problem is that you've been burning through tiers too quickly (premium time, dubloons, free xp conversion?), and on high tiers you meet with people with vastly more experience than you. It's recommended to play longer on a given tier, until you can achieve at least 50% winrate on that tier, and only going on a higher tier only after that.

What surprises me that you have over 50% winrate and good rating on your most played ship, the Yūgumo. So it either means you got a long lucky winning streak where the matchmaking favored you (just like how in the last battles it didn't favor you), or that you played enough battles with that ship that you started to learn how to handle her. With other ships you seem to jump too quickly from ship to ship, without taking the time to familiarize yourself with them. If we discounted that Yūgumo, your winrate would be closer to 40% which is quite bad, and after 1000 battles it is no longer just random chance or bad matchmaking.

I would recommend you this comic strip: http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2012-02-28

image.png.9864415d1f535979a92b135f202f9181.png

(note to self: start the Japanese DD line and get to the Yūgumo, which I ignored before, because if a 45% player can get such a good rating with her, it must be really overpowered)

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8

[HOUSE]
Players
264 posts
5,022 battles
31 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

(note to self: start the Japanese DD line and get to the Yūgumo, which I ignored before, because if a 45% player can get such a good rating with her, it must be really overpowered)

Or he just found something he liked and played that ship enough to understand the ship.

3 hours ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

I mean what is the chance to lose 26 battles of 30

Why play during those streaks, as mentioned earlier, take a brake, ether by leaving the game, by playing operations, go ham in CO-OP or plain seal clubbing to break the pattern. I would have gone berserk if I forced myself to play through a streak like that, the game shall be fun, not frustrating.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering..."

- Yoda

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,461 posts
9,589 battles
7 hours ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

I mean what is the chance to lose 26 battles of 30, even if I am the worst player in the world, and I am not, statistically if you have a team of 15 players it's impossible to lose on such a scale. 

:fish_palm:

7 hours ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

Good bye.   

Bye. 

[-TXG-]
Players
2,442 posts
6 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

I made the mistake of letting chances get to me in wot, depressed me a lot before my tank even moved. Now in wows I only play vanilla, and although I can tell a fail team fairly early on, I start each game with more hope. Vanilla is king (and queen, and whatever lies in between, I think it’s @bushwacker001) hehe

bringing me into your weird fantasies again? What was I wearing this time? :cap_cool:

• Funny 3

[SHAD]
Players
557 posts

Assuming matchmaking truly is random around the rules publicised by Wargaming your win rate should balance out around your own talent. 

When I first got the Hood I had an 80% win rate for the first 15 games or so.

With the Kronstadt, about 20%. It all evens out in the end

Players
631 posts
7,609 battles

Well after 14 games in the Fletcher I was averaging 14.5 k damage and had a win rate of 7%. At the same time in the Chung Mu I had a win rate of 53% and 40+K damage. It was partly bad teams but mostly because I was trying to play it differently. I stopped doing that, played it as the Chung Mu and the stats improved instantly. I'm an average player, but I am vastly better than I was when I started. 

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
724 posts
4,109 battles

I had a "losing streak"  last night even tho it felt like I was doing better than usually. Breaking some records on various ships but  only managed to get a 40% w/r. 

It happens and in hindsight I could have positioned myself better to increase w/r. But hey it is a learning experience. 

Also you seem to do better with cruisers than your other classes. Why not stick with those for a while. 

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,394 posts
4,642 battles

A friend of mine once told me... did you notice players with all CAPS in there names are for the most part bad players!  We put it down to that if they could not work out the cap key or need that much attention there is a problem there.

Now i dont care how bad or good you are or not.... But MM can be a problem... you have to just deal with it and learn how to best use your guns in a bad matched fight.

Players
805 posts
8,491 battles
10 hours ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

Good bye.   

Well... 

First question you have to honestly ask yourself, is : "Am I that mutch better than those teammates I am complaneing about?" If answer to that question is "Yes". Then yes, you have reason to complane. In this case you would be a "victim" of the bad teams.

If the honest answer is "NO". Then you have to think that what is the common enumeratior in all your lost games. And this common thing is - well, you are in those games.

In other words, at this point, you are not the victim of bad teams, but you are part of your complane.

Rather than making a topic, accusing other people, I would say it is time for improving your gameplay.  Sure, reqardles how well you play, you will still see heavy loosingstreaks, but they are far less common then.

• Cool 2

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles
3 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

bringing me into your weird fantasies again? What was I wearing this time? :cap_cool:

Your batman onesie ;)

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,664 battles
11 hours ago, NOOB_TRAKTOR said:

but 20% win rate in 30-40 games, it's a joke.   

:cap_haloween: