You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
ItsTipez

Prince of wales idea

9 comments in this topic

[TPHO]
Players
8 posts
4,779 battles

My idea of Prince of wales is to make it the first bb in the game to carry a smoke screen IF it ever gets added, this can be/is a reference to the battle of the denmark strait when it had to lay one to escape the bismarck. the stats will be the same, like artillery or aa. Maybe its unique perm camo can be the welsh flag, after its namesake.

The tier, speed and maximum ap/he can be the same since there is already 2 kgv ships in the game.

Who thinks this concept sounds ok?

Edited by ItsTipez
Added IF

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles

Actually idea of a purely defensive smoke on a BB would be rather interesting :cap_hmm:

You can't use it offensively - at least not from any reasonable range - due to your smoke-firing distance, but as a "stop firing, break sight, get out" tool... wouldn't be too bad

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles
17 hours ago, ItsTipez said:

Maybe its unique perm camo can be the welsh flag, after its namesake.

Please no. There is enough colour vomit in the game already.

*looks at his weeaboats he's not afraid to use* :Smile_hiding:

I'd rather see the flag of Prince of Wales, maybe something earnable for Rank 15 during an upcoming season?

I'd suggest something historical. The camo of how she looked during her sinking is already available ingame I believe, as the Tropical Camo for Duke of York. That, and maybe a plain paint scheme as well? We need more plain ships. :Smile_great:

I don't know how she looked like during her engagement with Bismarck.

Players
598 posts
18 hours ago, ItsTipez said:

My idea of Prince of wales is to make it the first bb in the game to carry a smoke screen

Why not? I'm all for the British BB's having a smoke screen. :Smile_hiding:

[4_0_4]
Players
5,034 posts
11,210 battles
On 12/29/2018 at 11:03 PM, principat121 said:

Will never happen, because Smoke will be a consumable for the upcoming russian-soviet-BB line.

False! Who want to have something boring as a smoke screen?

OF course the glorious soviet battleships, who destroyed every Navy in the 1940s would get that halloween consumable, which reduces the dispersion to 0.

20 Charges with a reload of 25 seconds.

:Smile_trollface:

BB with smoke? Why? Makes no sense to me.

[TPHO]
Players
8 posts
4,779 battles
18 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

20 Charges with a reload of 25 seconds.

BB with smoke? Why? Makes no sense to me.

Many bbs could do this, like the mentioned prince of wales. They were entirely capable of laying one in the case of heavy attack. This could be an interesting addition.

As with the reload, it could be atleast 3-4 min for balance reasons. The smoke time is an issue, its wg's choice if they want it short or long

[4_0_4]
Players
5,034 posts
11,210 battles
29 minutes ago, ItsTipez said:

Many bbs could do this, like the mentioned prince of wales. They were entirely capable of laying one in the case of heavy attack. This could be an interesting addition.

As with the reload, it could be atleast 3-4 min for balance reasons. The smoke time is an issue, its wg's choice if they want it short or long

I'm aware that any ship could lay a smokescreen, but then you could also say: Almost ever ship had radar.

[TPHO]
Players
8 posts
4,779 battles
24 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

but then you could also say: Almost ever ship had radar.

Once again, wg's choice